Jump to content

Thread of Packaging Excellence

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, nolanfan34 said:



Thank you Amazon, frustration Free packaging. In this case I guess it means you get the frustration for free.

From what I've seen in this thread, I think the "frustration free" part is for the Amazon workers.  Clearly they don't give a rip what happens to the package they're shipping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, exracer327 said:

From what I've seen in this thread, I think the "frustration free" part is for the Amazon workers.  Clearly they don't give a rip what happens to the package they're shipping.

Of course... It's all about saving money and stopping lazy workers from moaning. Very few vendors (shops and couriers) actually give a damn about the box. It serves them right if they have to handle a lot of complaints and returns. If I get a damaged box, I either insist on a large discount or back it goes. LEGO SaH continue to be the worst for me, I've just had to send back all 20x Speed Champions sets that were crushed due to too many air pillows - why weren't they left in the factory boxes? Anyway, why are those boxes so damn thin? This return could lead to a ban, but frankly I really don't care as I could've now got those sets cheaper.

Edited by TabbyBoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, exracer327 said:

From what I've seen in this thread, I think the "frustration free" part is for the Amazon workers.  Clearly they don't give a rip what happens to the package they're shipping.

It's probably more a case of being pressured to pack x number of boxes a day. If they don't hit their target they'll be out the door sooner rather than later so they're incentivised to cut corners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tarka said:

It's probably more a case of being pressured to pack x number of boxes a day. If they don't hit their target they'll be out the door sooner rather than later so they're incentivised to cut corners.

Unrealistic targets is what causes low morale, stress, mistakes and accidents. That's the problem when the "Sales & Marketing Teams" call the shots in a badly run company. This is why so many reps and couriers drive like idiots as they're always in a rush to meet targets. In my business, I give customers realistic expectations and always remind staff and contractors to take their time to do a job properly (and once!) ensuring that it doesn't need to be reworked down the line. My motto on the wall simply reads, "Rushing takes longer" and if we rush anything, the chances are we'll have to go back to site to put it right, taking more time and expense. Retailers having to process returns due to poor handling should know this. Oh... I get my business through quality, not price.

Edited by TabbyBoy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

Ordered a Mickey for my girl from a Ebay seller... when it came in a envelope I was pretty upset... then I saw what was inside... amazingly this box was actually in pretty good shape haha

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app
 

So box condition is important for little girls also? 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

Ordered a Mickey for my girl from a Ebay seller... when it came in a envelope I was pretty upset... then I saw what was inside... amazingly this box was actually in pretty good shape haha

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app
 

Well that's creative. I wish Kohl's & Kmart did that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×