Thread of Packaging Excellence

Went to Target to pickup my $50 Capital. I returned it. Would you have done the same?

374D35B1-971A-4F55-AA01-03DCFD657FAD.thumb.jpeg.68468a289b8a279a4ae176db474f3374.jpeg

I'd ask for a replacement. They'll say they're OOS then I'd ask nicely if there's anything they could do, hoping for an extra 10% off. If it's a no go take it home and sell it for $75 on OU, or build a beautiful set and sell it for 3x buy in when the time comes.

Received my Amazon shipment of one Vader's Castle.

First, it's raining and the box was soaked even though I answered the door within seconds of it being left there.  The large Amazon box had the tape pulled away from one end and the box looked like someone had sat upon it.  Ugh! 

However, upon opening it, I was pleasantly surprised - the LEGO set was still sealed inside it's own shipping carton, which was in perfect shape.  Has anyone else received LEGO this way from Amazon?  (A set inside the shipping carton, inside another amazon box)?

Knowing how Amazon will many times slap a shipping label on a lone set, I made sure I selected "boxed by Amazon" or whatever the button is, but for good measure I selected "gift receipt".  idk if that was why it was packaged this way or not, but I'm very pleased.

Amazon shipping - LEGO carton + Amazon box..jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

First, it's raining and the box was soaked even though I answered the door within seconds of it being left there.  The large Amazon box had the tape pulled away from one end and the box looked like someone had sat upon it.  Ugh! 

However, upon opening it, I was pleasantly surprised - the LEGO set was still sealed inside it's own shipping carton, which was in perfect shape.  Has anyone else received LEGO this way from Amazon?  (A set inside the shipping carton, inside another amazon box)?

Knowing how Amazon will many times slap a shipping label on a lone set, I made sure I selected "boxed by Amazon" or whatever the button is, but for good measure I selected "gift receipt".  idk if that was why it was packaged this way or not, but I'm very pleased.

I got my MILF from the 40% off "lightning deal" last week from Amazon and it came the same way as yours. 

1 hour ago, exracer327 said:

I am have received In the lego carton many Saturn V’s , Porshe 911, UCS snowspeeders and more recently Buggati Chiron and Voltrons...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For the first time i can ever remember, I got my clearance NINJAGO City from LEGO Shop at Home inside the shipper inside a normal box.  The outer box was perfectly sized to leave space for the promo set, which arrived mint.  I thought they had a policy against this (maybe that's just LBR), so i'm not sure if it was just a rushed fulfillment employee, but regardless I couldn't be happier about that one.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DadsAFOL said:

For the first time i can ever remember, I got my clearance NINJAGO City from LEGO Shop at Home inside the shipper inside a normal box.  The outer box was perfectly sized to leave space for the promo set, which arrived mint.  I thought they had a policy against this (maybe that's just LBR), so i'm not sure if it was just a rushed fulfillment employee, but regardless I couldn't be happier about that one.

I received all my Ninjago CIty's from LEGO SAH that way.  One of the few sets from them that did come in the mailer.

Just now, TheBrickClique said:

It’s a Christmas miracle!  

Speed Champions versus 18 pounds of liquid laundry detergent.  Usually spells disaster  

But arrived unscathed.

Normally wouldn’t expect this from Amazon. Especially since these were initially two separate orders.  So their automated system decided to combine them :(

23645060-61F3-4B0F-AE7D-0568DFFCD54B.jpeg

Wow, you should probably go buy some lottery tickets!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Abelinkin said:

Does it really matter what’s inside? Not even a bubble mailer!

Thanks Target! 

2FAECF53-CB9D-4F5A-A7CD-36BA33FEE8C6.jpeg

Same thing here. Two sets inside. Both pancakes.  Having target replace them. They wanted me to return them to the store or ups. I have them a piece of mind and now they are sucking up the cost of sending UPS to me to get their $50 in crushed legos back.

E0B5BDBB-1813-4037-8B5A-96A1AAD2F5D3.jpeg

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Abelinkin said:

Does it really matter what’s inside? Not even a bubble mailer!

Thanks Target! 

Same here, ordered a HP Quidditch set and an Architecture set, both came in a plastic bag.  The Architecture set is a person build, and actually didn't look too bad but the HP set was smashed so flat both seals on one side popped.  Add to that the bag came with a nice 3" rip in it.  I just dropped the bag and HP set on my local store customer service desk and asked for a replacement (after verifying throught the app they had 9 in stock).  They told me to go pick out a new one.  When I got to the shelf there were only 2 and one looked almost as bad as my return.  Good times!

Wally world sent iron man hall in a bag for the gift card deal also. Not a hard corner to speak of left. This one Ill build. Also appears like they just applied 10 gift card to that order. targe' wally azon have all sent some pretty rough sets in the last couple orders.

On an excellence note:(since i don't believe this thread was intended as sarcastic) my Shop at Home orders have been seemingly packed with real care. 

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

are they not all the same tho? i bet if you took a shot of a parcelforce van it would be the same?

Too true.

Any of the cheaper operations are just a dodgy, but Hermes really take the cake.  A lot is down to the last mile where they get people using their own cars to do the final leg.

Where I work we use UPS for all small parcel (under 20kg) deliveries and the way they vans operate in our area is immaculate - Packages on shelves, etc. On contract rates they work out cheaper that Hermes as well.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

$10B from Bezos to 'help' with climate change. That's about $2.5b per degree. (Remove AMZ fee rant here).

I seem to have the opposite problem as the pics in the posts. Lol on the nail polish in the giant box. I'm returning a set from AMZ for the 3rd time today because they keep sending me the same set in bubble mailers.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/shoppers-slam-amazon-for-unnecessary-packaging-as-jeff-bezos-pledges-dollar10-billion-to-fight-climate-change/ar-BB107m7i

• Like 1

• 1 month later...