Thread of Packaging Excellence

I have about 40 exclusives ordered from Amazon/Target over the last 3 months.  Only 4 arrived in a condition I would call MISB where there was minimal scuffing or little/no creases - and all 4 had no air pillows from Amazon.

I should have taken pics of the sad Tumbler I received from Target in their massive box - the pillows cause the Tumbler box to burst/tear seals and had creases on every side.  Kind of disheartening that it takes just 30 seconds to wrap the Lego box with the air pillows rather than just throw it at the bottom and have it get crushed by pressure.

• 3 weeks later...

Man, I'm so tired of contacting SAH over damaged boxes.  They just need to open a store around me and all would be good.  I think the fed ex /ups guy is jumping on my boxes because he's so tired of coming to my house.  The last month has been nothing but disappointment with box condition.  TRU and wallys is terrible....amazon... a bit better.  I returned a couple death stars to amazon the other day...they send me them in the lego warehouse boxes inside another box.  They came perfect.  Sometimes a person can smile...but sheesh...for the most part delivery is terrible.  I prefer USPS...but SAH won't pay their costs.

Edited by conceptmachine

I won this lot from Shopgoodwill http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=24548914 

when I received the box with several lots that I had paid for together, I almost missed the figure 4 pack until I noticed the outer sleeve folded neatly in the bottom of the box and I thought WTF is that? once I pulled out the sleeve and unfolded the cardboard and saw that it had been torn in several places to flatten it. then I had to dig into the bubble sheet in the corner and find the figures crammed into the corner.

I sent them a message to complain,especially considering that they charged me a handling charge and radically overestimate the shipping weight. They asked me to send more pictures of the shipping box. No apologies, no hint of reconciling my disappointment, just irritating requests for pictures of a cardboard box that had no issues.

95853811317359er.jpg

I won this lot from Shopgoodwill http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=24548914 

when I received the box with several lots that I had paid for together, I almost missed the figure 4 pack until I noticed the outer sleeve folded neatly in the bottom of the box and I thought WTF is that? once I pulled out the sleeve and unfolded the cardboard and saw that it had been torn in several places to flatten it. then I had to dig into the bubble sheet in the corner and find the figures crammed into the corner.

I sent them a message to complain,especially considering that they charged me a handling charge and radically overestimate the shipping weight. They asked me to send more pictures of the shipping box. No apologies, no hint of reconciling my disappointment, just irritating requests for pictures of a cardboard box that had no issues.

95853811317359er.jpg

sounds about right, shopgoodwill is known for having sh!tty customer service 

• 2 weeks later...

Got my IR from Walmart. No I did not remove anything from the box before snapping the pic. I guess if I decide to sell a whole set of JW I have a box I can cut down to fit it. This came USPS too. My carrier's jeep isn't that big

20151104_115630_Burst01.jpg

Edited by MarxMarvelous