75058 - MTT

TheOrcKing

I live next door to their physical shop. They had Ecto-1 2 weeks before release. This set is also available since 27th of May and costs 29 490 HUF, so it should be around 100-120$.

Here is their facebook page (obviously hungarian), they regularly post photos and price of their new acquisitions.

https://www.facebook.com/kockalego?fref=ts

Living right next to the source. ;) Cool, and thank you for giving a price range and that Facebook link.

Weak.....the initial images are not very impressive IMO. Give me the 7662 any day. I understand that it's a more affordable option for new/young collectors, but it looks a little chincy IMO.

I agree I really want an Mtt but I'm not touching that thing with a rental foot pole lol. The fact that it has fewer battle droids then the battle of naboo set is just pathetic

I think the Sandcrawler is pretty nice.

THis is just suffering from being a smaller version. Some ships should just never be made in the smaller scale. You can't do them justice.

The outer shell is okay for the most part but the droid distribution system is wrong. It is supposed to be more of a rack holding a bunch of them in there like a bunch of shirts across a bar in a closet while instead here we have the droids standing up with their heads tucked into their chest.

MTT_ep1ig.png

The prior version was a big mother but it did capture all the right points especially the inner workings. If this new one is supposed to be a cheaper slimmer version then I can accept it so long as the price tag actually is lower than the previous one. And I agree some things really should not be done in a smaller scale like the Architecture build of the Sydney Opera House.

I have no problem with this smaller version (I don't like it but I think it's a good thing to make a cheaper version for kids).

I think it will look ok once every doors are closed. This looks quite bad but it's because everything is open (it only shows playability on the second picture, which here sadly means a bad display for this smaller version).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For anyone still questioning the legitimacy of the images for this set then persuade your eyes to look in this direction. It will retail for $89.99.

via The Brick Fan

Considering I was holding it in my hands today, no. My LEGO store has the entire line of new sets out today. This is actually the set my son wants most for his 8th birthday. He's really into the prequel trilogy and droids. It will be his first big Star Wars set.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Is there any other confirmation it is a TRU exclusive? I was waiting for it to hit amazon, but I might as well get it from the LEGO store if it's a TRU exclusive.

That review is the first I read about it possibly being a Toys R Us exclusive. It would fit in a way considering the size and price point of the set.

That was a well written review on the set, but my opinion on the set is still the same. I don't like the set at all. It doesn't seem accurate enough for me to buy. From the review, it appears that Lego sacrificed the accuracy of the set to include more playability. I don't like that, but Lego has to do it. Children will be getting, building, and playing with this set primarily, not AFOL.

That was a well written review on the set, but my opinion on the set is still the same. I don't like the set at all. It doesn't seem accurate enough for me to buy. From the review, it appears that Lego sacrificed the accuracy of the set to include more playability. I don't like that, but Lego has to do it. Children will be getting, building, and playing with this set primarily, not AFOL.

I think that if anything, the price per piece ratio is good enough for me to want the set. While reading through his review, I didn't realize that the last MTT included 20 droids. Quite a disappointment, IMO, especially considering that the 7929 Battle of Naboo set came with the same amount of battle droids (8 ), plus 2 pilot droids.