Target (Canada) - 50% off Chima, Ninjago

peenutz

Checked 2 in Toronto and both of these locations had the items Lobo listed added to the clearance.

Black Gate/UG were both %50 off, and some 2013 SW was %30 off, including Republic Gunship, AT-TE, and the the battlepacks. No older Super Heroes at these 2 locations though.

Picked up a couple Black Gates/UG :D

Yep I saw a clearance sticker on the shelf for the Black Gates but all of them were gone at multiple locations unfortunately

finally got off my butt and visited a target... got the last two UE and BG :) awesome. don't have any black gates so will keep these two for personal build/collection.

much of the aisle were picked clean. I should of scanned ship ambush, had a lot left... maybe next tier clearance.

Oh is that how target works? They keep discounting until they're gone?

Sent by using my Nosepicker

Not sure i'd bite on this set at %30. It was available for $75 at Walmart for a good while without selling out. It's likely to be a set that will be remade in the future no doubt.

But yes Target (from my experience) starts at %30 or %50 and eventually goes to %70. I've rarely seen any Lego reach %70. I think the only one I've seen go that low was a beat up Quinjet.

Grabbed 4 Blackgates. That was the only set at 50 Percent off at my target. These were my first of this set. Looks great!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Brickpicker mobile app

Awesome.  50% is a great deal for us.  Heck I would probably buy more at only 35-40% off hehe.  I spend too easily :P  No idea what the investment potential of this set is but it just looks cool to me as a fan...I look forward to building this and maybe making it bigger with 2 sets too.   

I just pulled the trigger on the ssd and told myself now I would take a break. Well I guess 1 day is a break. Lol. Thanks for everyone's comments as I likely would have missed this. There was no clearance tag and the 2nd one in the row had a clearance sticker on it but the first one didn't. I left 1 behind for someone else :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Brickpicker mobile app

I think that is too much for investment since others have been finding it for less. I don't doubt that UG will do well since it is an iconic scene from both Lotr and the hobbit but you might have to wait longer to see profits. It is getting harder to find though, so I would get it if you are missing it from your collection. I haven't seen any in my city for ages.

Sent from my iPod touch using Brickpicker

If you really want one to build asap go get it I guess for $70... or offer a trade. I am sure many Canadians have a lot/some after this clearance. chapter Indigo still has stock so you know eventually they will have a 20-25% off event... plus plum points hehe. I would wait it out. but I know temptation to buy is strong haha.