Ghostbusters Printed Arms Group Buy

gorbasho

Just to update everyone on this- After asking NACM last Sunday if they offer bulk discounts, I finally got a reply yesterday asking how many arms I was interested in. I let them know a rough estimate and am waiting to hear back again. I imagine everyone will want to wait for a discount if we can get one, so depending on how fast they respond we may need to push this past this Sunday.

Nice, no rush, sounds good.

Updating: I'd get at least two sets. My suggestion is to immediately set a hard deadline for BPers to pay you for each set they want as soon as you get a price quote back from the arm guys. When that deadline passes, place the order. If you don't set a hard deadline, this could drag on for a while with one person posting interest in this thread every 48 hours or so.

Thanks guys, the hard deadline sounds good. Once I get a final price worked out I'll let everyone know so each person can just send the payment for however many sets they want.

when they asked you many orders, did you ask about a tiered pricing?  20+ sets, 40+, etc...

when they asked you many orders, did you ask about a tiered pricing?  20+ sets, 40+, etc...

I didn't, I can do it in my next email. Just curious how that would benefit us? Post up the tiers and encourage people to buy more to get us to the next one?

I didn't, I can do it in my next email. Just curious how that would benefit us? Post up the tiers and encourage people to buy more to get us to the next one?

it could help us in a few ways.

1) we (and vendor) don't have an exact # of orders yet.  if the vendor says, you'll get a $2 savings at 50 orders.  great news until we find out we have 80+ orders.  don't we deserve a larger discount than $2?  this will save a lot of emailing back and forth.

2) the more we buy, the cheaper the cost

3) if we have 46 set orders at $17. ...and we know at 50+ orders, the cost goes down to $16, that will entice extra orders from people.

• Like 1

Makes sense, thanks. I'll definitely ask them about that. I didn't initially because I wanted to first check what the minimum quantity for a discount would be, in case it was like 500 pairs or something. Had I known they would be this slow in responding I would have streamlined it :/

Here is the preliminary count I have so far, though some are dependent on the discount we can get:

2 - 46andTWO

2 - Alpinemaps

1 - @rtisan

2 - chillmodious

1 - darksam007

1 - Dredgen
1 - dutchmaster305

1 - exciter1

2 - gorbasho

2 - Huskers1236

4 - jaisonline

2 - Jimking23

2 - jjsrt8

2 - johnwray

1 - legodad

1 - naf

1 - NJHitmen

1 - rubysue74

2 - sabojj

1 - stephen_rockefeller

4 - supergtp1

1 - tipup420

2 - varmintt

39 sets total

Going to send another email over to NACM as I still haven't heard back. I'll ask them about tiered pricing

• Like 2

I'm in for 1 set sorry thought you had me down.

Added, sorry about that.

Anyone else who wants to be added, removed, or quantity adjusted let me know, although this is just preliminary considering we don't even know yet what kind of discount we might get.