Asda Direct Random Deals

Yellowtot

Being a relatively newbie what is considered a good discount based on past experiences? For example the Asda Poe deal with additional £10 off today represents a 36% discount and yesterday's Ecto 1 deal at TRU was equivalent to a 33% discount. Can the bar go lower and thus should one wait for steeper discounts before pulling the trigger? Thanks!

15 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

Being a relatively newbie what is considered a good discount based on past experiences? For example the Asda Poe deal with additional £10 off today represents a 36% discount and yesterday's Ecto 1 deal at TRU was equivalent to a 33% discount. Can the bar go lower and thus should one wait for steeper discounts before pulling the trigger? Thanks!

Depends how many you want and how much you value the set, when in the lifecycle it is, what your portfolio looks like, what’s your capital and cash flow like etc.. 
Some sets are absolutely worth getting at retail, some aren’t worth touching at 50%.  Most none exclusives will hit 30% off at some point in their life, but if you want 50 you’ll need to be buying what and when you can.  

But if it’s a set you want, 30% is probably a buy, unless you know it’s going to be around for a long time. 

On 25 February 2016 at 7:21 PM, feed said:

Depends how many you want and how much you value the set, when in the lifecycle it is, what your portfolio looks like, what’s your capital and cash flow like etc.. 
Some sets are absolutely worth getting at retail, some aren’t worth touching at 50%.  Most none exclusives will hit 30% off at some point in their life, but if you want 50 you’ll need to be buying what and when you can.  

But if it’s a set you want, 30% is probably a buy, unless you know it’s going to be around for a long time. 

You say that some sets aren't worth touching even at 50% off. Which ones do you have in mind?

Recently our Tesco Extra had a wide range at 50% off and I got 100s of ££ of SW and a few Disney princesses. Now I regret that I didn't take some Superhero sets (I like neither the comic books nor the films). I don't regret leaving the Ninjago though, or the City for that matter. But when it comes to 70% or 75% off then I really get greedy and take whatever there is, which happens very rarely of course. What are your thoughts on this?

• 6 months later...

Well not really a random deal (commenting on the 20% off promo but didnt want to take the UK/EU daily deal thread too far OT).

Mystery Mansion, Mystery machine, Wall-e, Space port, Kylo Rens Shuttle & Dr who all wiped out (naboo star fighter too but 20% off a 25% discount already would have been a great buy for a personal build) .  Surprised to see Ecto-1 still there (although i think that goes into 2017).  But all the ones i thought would go have done (gives a good indication on what people think is retiring soon).

MF done too but at ~ 37% off probably too good to pass us for the casual fans.

Edited by GiliusThunderhead
Adding NBF to the list