Ideas for a Halloween Town & MOCs

TheOrcKing

Wonder if some of the spiderwebs from the Mirkwood Spiders set would be cool. Make it look a little spookier.

Spider webs would be cool and I will most likely pick a few up when I order parts.  Thanks for the idea.  I can't seem to get the placement correct in the design however.

Yikes!

for one tree?

Pretty much my reaction on totaling it up.  It would have come in quite a bit cheaper without the red and orange leaf elements.

Anywho, I was working on some graveyard elements yesterday as well.  Not sure if I think the mausoleum is a bit too busy or not

Graveyard.png

I BrickLinked this tonight.  Those leaves in the fall colors didn't come cheap.  I had to go through three different sellers and total without shipping so far is $44.  Expected total is ~$55

Ouch. I didn't expect those types of leaves to be cheap, but that is a lot. The worst part is that you had to go to three different sellers. It would have been nice for you if one seller had all the pieces you needed.

I wonder if we should combine this discussion into the Halloween thread?

That would be fine by me if that's possible. Keeping things more concise is always a good thing. I will probably whip up a few more MOCs before Halloween and will keep my posts in the Halloween town thread from now on.

While getting bitten by genetically altered spiders may turn some into super heroes, the same cannot be said for the Pumpkin King...

KingofthePatch.png

KingofthePatch2.png

The only difference in an actual build would be the inclusion of a jack-o-lantern head instead of the orange blank.

• Like 1

While getting bitten by genetically altered spiders may turn some into super heroes, the same cannot be said for the Pumpkin King...

The only difference in an actual build would be the inclusion of a jack-o-lantern head instead of the orange blank.

Ooo, a spider-weed! Here's your pumpkin head.

3626bpb388.jpg

Eactly, perfect for the dogs at the gates for Ghostbusters!

Too bad you can't stick a couple of those small bull horn pieces on the sides of their heads to perfect the visage of verocity.
  • Like 1

On diff topic, I want to build the Vamp Castle on a mountain that has enough clearance to allow a train to ride trough it.

Anyone good at mountain / cave building? Ha. Ideas are always very welcomed.

Hmm. Well there is this one topic on Eurobricks where someone is building a vampire castle that is very....big. You can see more and better images in his Brickshelf gallery. Here is a nice castle on a mountain side called Kaldrfell Castle and there was a large vampire castle mountaintop MOC thingy I remember seeing on Eurobricks some months ago yet figures I can't seem to find it now no matter what search term I use. :wacko:

Anyway, here is a decent Halloween setup with a few sets and some MOCs to finish off the post with. Ooo, and some Steampunk Vampire Hunters!

• Like 1

The nightmare stagecoach could use the skeletal horse from 9462 :)

The picture was taken well before the Monster Fighters sets like back in 2009 but I agree the skeletal horse of The Mummy would look more interesting.

Lol The Monster Halloween Picnic, are those 2 minifigs in the middle suppose to be in the middle of ehem "passionate things" ? It makes sense if you ever watch the Halloween movies :D

Perhaps this will answer your question? :whistle:

6246239412_ff4058f32f_b.jpg

LEGO Halloween Monsters Picnic - White Trash werewolf>LEGO Halloween Monsters Picnic - White Trash werewolf by dita_svelte, on Flickr

• Like 1

Build a tree with a face, and skeletons hanging from the limbs a la Nightmare Before Christmas. Maybe the Ent would be insprition for the tree. 

I have a set with a tree with face. It is the 1380 Studios Werewolf Ambush. Would fit nicely in the Halloween Town!