Super Heroes 2015

jaisonline

http://www.thebrickfan.com/marvel-announces-licensing-partners-for-avengers-age-of-ultron/

"Licensing.biz is reporting that Marvel Entertainment has revealed their licensing partners for product lines based on the Avengers: Age of Ultron. The campaign will be one of the largest for the Marvel movies and will include companies such as Hasbro, Hot Wheels, and LEGO.

We

• Like 1

Like selling these sets for profit on secondary market is not hard enough as is :( I want Thanos MAXI-fig with exchangeable hands / fists / gauntlets. One set of gauntlets decked with all infinity gems and another without the gems. Thanos is about the same size as Hulk, so maxifig makes more sense

Thanos HAS to get a minifig!

I'm thinking he'll prob be a maxi-fig like the Hulk.

So we'll be getting new versions of Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Widow, and Capt America.  Maybe another Nick Fury.

Lego is pushing out new versions in super fast speed like a typical action figure toy company.   Could hurt our ROIs on 2013 and 2014 sets unlike we flip like many did with the 6865 Capt America and 6868 Hulk sets.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

if we get a Quicksilver before Beast or Iceman I'm going to be pissed. I'll still buy the quicksilver set but will be sulking all the way to the cash register. 

Since this is speculation thread, how would you like it if TLG split maxi-fig Ultron to 5 parts (head, 2x arms, torso, legs) and put each part in 5 different sets ? Basically they entice you to buy all 5 sets to get a whole Ultron.

Basically like the moonstones in the MF line

Good or bad idea ?

Since this is speculation thread, how would you like it if TLG split maxi-fig Ultron to 5 parts (head, 2x arms, torso, legs) and put each part in 5 different sets ? Basically they entice you to buy all 5 sets to get a whole Ultron.

Good or bad idea ?

I've thought for years that they should do something like this for odd Star Wars characters that otherwise would never fit in a set.

They also did a similar thing with small castle sets around 1999 when each set had a different chromed element like the shield, armor, sword, helmet, etc. to make a knight.

• Like 1

if this is done, Lego has truly jumped the shark as a toy manufacturer and should begin selling carded minifigs.  i never liked it when kenner, hasbro, tpy biz, mattel etc..  pulled stunts like this.  3-5 versions of batman and spiderman every year.  forcing people to buy figs to build a cool figure. 

now i sound like a total curmudgeon.

I've thought for years that they should do something like this for odd Star Wars characters that otherwise would never fit in a set.

They also did a similar thing with small castle sets around 1999 when each set had a different chromed element like the shield, armor, sword, helmet, etc. to make a knight.

Good or bad idea ?

How was that promotion received ? 1999 was way before my re-introduction to LEGO ;)

if this is done, Lego has truly jumped the shark as a toy manufacturer and should begin selling carded minifigs.  i never liked it when kenner, hasbro, tpy biz, mattel etc..  pulled stunts like this.  3-5 versions of batman and spiderman every year.  forcing people to buy figs to build a cool figure.

now i sound like a total curmudgeon.

LEGO is already doing similar "collect the weapons" gimmick in Ninjago line. Each year, you need to buy 4 sets to get all variants of the ninja weapons unique to that year. The MF line had moonstones you could collect, although they chickened out and gave you all moonstones in Vampyre Caslte set anyway.

LEGO is already doing similar "collect the weapons" gimmick in Ninjago line. Each year, you need to buy 4 sets to get all variants of the ninja weapons unique to that year. The MF line had moonstones you could collect, although they chickened out and gave you all moonstones in Vampyre Caslte set anyway.

true. those are just small elements.  we are talking about a maxi-fig here :)

same principle but on a much smaller scale. 

also, 9468 didn't include the zombie moonstone.

true. those are just small elements.  we are talking about a maxi-fig here :)

same principle but on a much smaller scale. 

also, 9468 didn't include the zombie moonstone.

I suspected the Zombies set was an afterthought. They only had 6 moonstone slots in 9468 and in the MF comics. Plus, the Zombies was not listed under Monster Fighters theme in S @ H until it was marked retired.

But we are getting off topic :)

How about a different question, which would you prefer, minifig sized Ultron, maxi-fig sized Ultron, or ball joined built Ultron (a la the Sentinel) ?

I suspected the Zombies set was an afterthought. They only had 6 moonstone slots in 9468 and in the MF comics. Plus, the Zombies was not listed under Monster Fighters theme in S @ **** until it was marked retired.

But we are getting off topic :)

How about a different question, which would you prefer, minifig sized Ultron, maxi-fig sized Ultron, or ball joined built Ultron (a la the Sentinel) ?

Maxi fig. No question.
  • Like 1

They got to keep the money train going somehow! Never the less, they`ve done a great job with most of the sets in the past couple years, so it`ll be exciting to get more with the new films coming out. I think it`s a safe bet that we will continue seeing SH sets released for at least the next 2-3+ years given the line up and release dates. 

• 1 month later...