Super Heroes 2015

jaisonline

I agree. Darin might want to return a few 6862's.

That thought came to my mind too. I have a ton of 6862 as well. Hopefully the print is different on Wonder Woman and Superman. With the recent 2015 SH set news I will be cutting down my purchases of some of the current waves of sets. 

I still think Daily Bugle Showdown is the one to jump on right now. I know it's not impacted by these DC sets, but I have this itching feeling that it will disappear quick in the next few weeks.  It's almost gone at all retailers, except for TRU.  It will disappear quietly, like Hulk Helicarrier and Wolverine Chopper. Get them while you can.

Amazon.com and KMart.com are the places to get it for under $40.

• Like 1

At least we know Wonder Woman will have a new print based on her New 52 outfit while Batman gets another redesigned smaller cowl and printing. I'm pretty sure there will be more outfits for Batman in these upcoming sets like that spacesuit we saw at the Comic-Con. All the other characters may receive different printing just as well but who knows yet exactly.

Was everyone expecting Lego to not include the justice league in upcoming sets?  With the new superman and eventually the justice league, of course we are going to get some duplicates. 

A new  JL WW and Superman are overdue, but the decision to release so many Batman minifigs to me says they aren't sold on the rest of the line. Using Flash again is a bit strange considering it seems to be in a mid-range priced set. 

Which of the current line of sets will be affected the least by the new sets coming out for investment? I do like the daily bugle showdown and I am still extremely high on arctic batman 76000. Anyone who hasn't built this set needs to do so and will appreciate more.

Don't toss aside Power Lex yet.  Armors like this are popular.  Look at the Exo-Suit.  Power Lex won't go anywhere, even if there's a new Wonder Woman.

The Invisible Jet will sell that set.  It's already the talk of my house, with my wife and my daughter.  When the regular person thinks Wonder Woman, they think Invisible Jet.  I can't wait to see how the build is.

Aquaman is the focus of his own set, with Black Manta.  And a submarine.  Aquaman isn't the reason people are buying Arctic Batman.  That's just a rocking set, with Aquaman thrown in as an afterthought.

Flash is much the same way in his set; these guys are throw-ins.  Now they're going to be the focus of sets.  And, with the Batman v Superman movie coming, and the hype getting even bigger in 2015, people will be on the look out for these new sets; oh, and they'll want these older sets, too, because they'll want to get the other "versions" of the characters (I'm convinced we'll have movie or New 52 versions of these characters in the next wave).

And don't worry about too many Batmans.  Nearly a quarter of DC's line has some sort of connection to Batman.  He's clearly the one that people buy.

I'm all for more Batmans.  As a builder of a Batcave MOC...I like the idea of having the various costumes enshrined behind glass.

And as far as The Flash set goes......I didn't think anyone thought that 76012 was a heavy hitter in regards to investing.......this will end up being THE set to invest in, in regards to The Flash.

I'm all for more Batmans. As a builder of a Batcave MOC...I like the idea of having the various costumes enshrined behind glass.

And as far as The Flash set goes......I didn't think anyone thought that 76012 was a heavy hitter in regards to investing.......this will end up being THE set to invest in, in regards to The Flash.

The flash has been big for me since day 1. When the set dropped and I was flipping flash for $30 a piece I figured when eol came it was going to be gold, but knowing another flash will be on its way then it'd not going to blow up

I'm all for more Batmans.  As a builder of a Batcave MOC...I like the idea of having the various costumes enshrined behind glass.

This is kind of what we did. Although, with all these suits, I now need to expand it.

bp_1374460917__p1080270_large.jpg
  • Like 3

At least we know Wonder Woman will have a new print based on her New 52 outfit while Batman gets another redesigned smaller cowl and printing. I'm pretty sure there will be more outfits for Batman in these upcoming sets like that spacesuit we saw at the Comic-Con. All the other characters may receive different printing just as well but who knows yet exactly.

Do we know this for sure?  I think it is a pretty safe assumption, but I haven't seen confirmation of this.  I did not read through the whole Eurobricks thread.

True but having Mr Freeze helps. 

I agree with this, especially since he has a cell in Arkham Asylum.

Aquaman is the focus of his own set, with Black Manta.  And a submarine.  Aquaman isn't the reason people are buying Arctic Batman.  That's just a rocking set, with Aquaman thrown in as an afterthought.

Flash is much the same way in his set; these guys are throw-ins.  Now they're going to be the focus of sets.  And, with the Batman v Superman movie coming, and the hype getting even bigger in 2015, people will be on the look out for these new sets; oh, and they'll want these older sets, too, because they'll want to get the other "versions" of the characters (I'm convinced we'll have movie or New 52 versions of these characters in the next wave).

Do you think we'll get a new version of the Flash?  Is his 52 version that different?

The flash has been big for me since day 1. When the set dropped and I was flipping flash for $30 a piece I figured when eol came it was going to be gold, but knowing another flash will be on its way then it'd not going to blow up

You sold just the Flash for $30.  This amazes me, people could buy the set for that and get the reprinted Riddler.  I'll never understand some people.

I do think we'll get a different print for the Flash. The first release was his classic costume. By next year, we'll have his New 52 costume (lots more lines in it). Plus we have the TV show starting this fall, plus any reveal they do for the BvS movie. That's 3 choices to highlight.

You mentioned the show, I'm kind of surprised they haven't made a Green Arrow character yet.  I don't remember him in the second Batman game, I wonder if he'll be in the third.

I agree on Green Arrow. He was a comic com giveaway, but as with Azog, I'd expect another run. I watched both seasons of Arrow on the CW. It was enjoyable, so I am looking forward to the new Flash series, as well as the 3rd season of Arrow.

With these reruns, it makes me wonder if they will issue another Deadpool?

I bought 3 Flash (was planning on a lot more, but will probably hold off now) minifigs hoping it would be an exclusive. Silly me. I didn't pay 30 though, more like 10. I suppose we can look at captain America and wolverine to see how the reissues effect them.

I'm eventually going to collect all the super hero line, so I can always trade my Flash figures.

On the topic of the Batman saturation - I think there is a link to the Lego Movie there. Having him play a central role in that, with lots of great lines and moments, has probably helped a great deal in demand for more Batman sets and figs.

That's definitely true, which is why they keep coming out with new variations. All the kids will want them

Was everyone expecting Lego to not include the justice league in upcoming sets?  With the new superman and eventually the justice league, of course we are going to get some duplicates.

Remember, Lego probably were initially told JL was a 2015 release, no other explanation, other than to cash in early.

Do we know this for sure? I think it is a pretty safe assumption, but I haven't seen confirmation of this. I did not read through the whole Eurobricks thread.

I am probably jumping ahead to conclusions as it isn't confirmed but more like implied. Remember all the various Batman posters we have seen this past year? One gave a slight glimpse of the 1966 Batmobile which later became the Comic-Con exclusive. Another poster showed the Batman of Zur-En-Arrh minifigure that too became an exclusive. This one here shows Wonder Woman with a new print and different color scheme. Therefore my reasoning would be if the prior posters are any indication then here is our next Wonder Woman minifigure. Also you can see some new duds for Batman.

14703268026_5a14321fb1.jpg

I do think we'll get a different print for the Flash. The first release was his classic costume. By next year, we'll have his New 52 costume (lots more lines in it). Plus we have the TV show starting this fall, plus any reveal they do for the BvS movie. That's 3 choices to highlight.

Good points on three different possible sources of a new costume print for The Flash.

Is his 52 version that different?

A little bit.

bp_1408947820__flash_new_52.jpg

I am probably jumping ahead to conclusions as it isn't confirmed but more like implied. Remember all the various Batman posters we have seen this past year? One gave a slight glimpse of the 1966 Batmobile which later became the Comic-Con exclusive. Another poster showed the Batman of Zur-En-Arrh minifigure that too became an exclusive. This one here shows Wonder Woman with a new print and different color scheme. Therefore my reasoning would be if the prior posters are any indication then here is our next Wonder Woman minifigure. Also you can see some new duds for Batman.

I think you're right and agree with that, I just didn't know if it had been confirmed though.  Good catch on the smaller cowl for Batman, I totally missed that detail.

I think you're right and agree with that, I just didn't know if it had been confirmed though.

Well like any good rumor, it's false until proven true....or just made even falser. Haha.

Good catch on the smaller cowl for Batman, I totally missed that detail.

I think we first caught a glimpse of the new cowl from the Batman 3 game trailer with Batman in his spacesuit. I figured it was just for the suit but it seems that cowl is the latest design from now on.

14857538387_2c60a8a82e_o.jpg