FedEx and UPS dimensional weight size, shipping and rate discussion

Not sure about less work for same money. I think it'll be less work and less money. My ups charges were couple of thousand over November and December. It'll now go to 0. I am sure anyone shipping more than couple of times a month will notice this change and quit majority of their business with them. The survey out there have businesses changing to USPS at over 70% with 700 surveyed. Though I hate USPS, I am now rooting for them to improve.

i just received the dreaded UPS rate increase email titled, "New UPS® Ground Retail Rates‏" .  i'll do some rate comparisons when time allows.

i wonder how long until fedex follows suit.

in a nutshell..

Rate Change Information

Updated June 10, 2016

Effective July 11, 2016, UPS is changing Retail rates for UPS® Ground service. To preview these rates select the link below.

2016 UPS Ground Retail Rates

All 2016 UPS Rate and Service Guides will be available to download on July 11, 2016.

Updated May 6, 2016

Effective June 6, 2016, UPS is changing the measurement that determines whether the UPS Additional Handling charge will be applied to UPS® Ground services packages in the U.S. The updated 2016 UPS Rate and Service Guide will be available to download on June 6, 2016.

• Any package with the longest side exceeding 48 inches, instead of 60 inches, will be assessed the fee.*
  • The Additional Handling fee of $10.50 remains the same.
  • The change does not impact UPS Air or International shipments.

Here is the email's contents.

Effective July 11, 2016*, UPS Retail rates for UPS® Ground service originating in the 48 contiguous states will change. The changes are designed to simplify the UPS Ground Retail rates and improve the competitiveness of UPS rates on the most frequently shipped UPS Ground packages. These rates are available when you are shipping online at ups.com®, at The UPS Store® locations, at UPS Customer Centers and at certain UPS Alliance Locations.

UPS has incorporated several surcharges into the new simplified UPS Ground Retail rates (Residential Surcharge for deliveries, Fuel Surcharge and Delivery Area Surcharge). Delivery Area Surcharge Extended will remain, but at a lower rate.

We are dedicated to helping you achieve your business goals and meet the needs of your customers. We believe that this new rate structure will provide more value through simplified and more competitive prices for the most frequently shipped packages.

For additional information and to view the new Retail rates, visit ups.com/rates. The updated 2016 UPS Rate and Service Guide will be available to download on July 11, 2016.

We appreciate the business you entrust to UPS and we look forward to continuing to provide you with great solutions at competitive prices.

2016_UPS_Ground_Retail_Rates.pdf