Guardians of the Galaxy

BrickSellerPlus

I think it'll depend greatly on how good the movie is.  The best time to part out would probably be the weeks after the movie is released in August as the demand should greatly increase.  Seems right now that the main fans of those sets are just die hard Marvel fans in general.  Just my opinion.  

This could be one of those ones that sneaks under the radar.  Aug. release. I have to assume it doesn't have much competition. Plus, it's been rumored that Disney?MARVEL is really looking to push Guardians of the Galaxy as the "next" franchise.  It looks good. It has good star power in it and a tie to the Avengers.  IMO....the big mistake they made with it?  Made it PG-13.  I know a lot don't follow the movie guidelines anymore.....but IMO, it would have only helped cross-promotions like toys if it were PG.

Anything Rocket Raccoon has a chance to spike after movie comes out. Depends on sucess of movie of course. Guardians will play a part in avenger three so the movie is sort of a setup for future phase three from marvel. Incredible hulk #271 has risen significantly in the past year. (First rocket appearance)

Remember, everybody hated The LEGO Movie sets before the movie came out.  They could be found at decent discounts, they were not that popular, and the minifigures (especially Emmet) could be found for $4-$5 dollars.  After the movie came out, the sets sold out, they shot up in price, and the price of the minifigures also went up in price.

I'm not saying that this will be another LEGO Movie.  It's just that you don't know if the sets will be a hit until the movie comes out.  If I were you, I'd grab a few of the sets and wait until the movie comes out.  Because I have not seen a Marvel movie fail, my guess is that the movie and the sets will do well.  Just my two cents.

Remember, everybody hated The LEGO Movie sets before the movie came out. They could be found at decent discounts, they were not that popular, and the minifigures (especially Emmet) could be found for $4-$5 dollars. After the movie came out, the sets sold out, they shot up in price, and the price of the minifigures also went up in price.

I'm not saying that this will be another LEGO Movie. It's just that you don't know if the sets will be a hit until the movie comes out. If I were you, I'd grab a few of the sets and wait until the movie comes out. Because I have not seen a Marvel movie fail, my guess is that the movie and the sets will do well. Just my two cents.

I never hated the sets ha. Emmet has my same hair, I love him for that.

But I know what you're saying, a majority did not like the sets at first, and I see a similar trend continuing with GotG sets

Remember, everybody hated The LEGO Movie sets before the movie came out.

Speak for yourself. :cheese: I was very bullish on The Lego Movie sets perhaps even ridiculously so back then and continue to be. Kidding aside, I understand the point you are trying to make and would agree it may be a good thing to at least obtain a couple of each set before the film's premiere just in case demand goes bonkers with stores selling out and people frantically looking for all movie related items.

Emmet has my same hair, I love him for that.

You too? Man, if they made Emmett's hair in dark brown or black that would be perfect for a representation of me in minifigure form.

Emmet's hair was pretty standard besides the little cowlick thing :P

That is exactly why it suits me. Ha. :P

You too? Man, if they made Emmett's hair in dark brown or black that would be perfect for a representation of me in minifigure form.

Definitely, my sig fig with be the Gamer from series 12 with Emmet's hair. Did we already have a discussion on that?; I believe we did but I am not sure.

Definitely, my sig fig with be the Gamer from series 12 with Emmet's hair. Did we already have a discussion on that?; I believe we did but I am not sure.

I think so in the Series 12 thread.

Emmet's hair was pretty standard besides the little cowlick thing :P

Exactly. Just the way my hair goes; almost perfect with a bit in the back that never sits no matter what I do.

I'll give my two cents. I know nothing about gotg and bought two of the knowhere escapes to part out. Groot and ticket raccoon sell fast and for $15+ the villain and the other minifigure don't go as well and I'm assuming it'll pick up when the movie comes out. Just thinking some backing for the theme is already there from the comic book collectors. Just curious as to how big this still take off

• 1 month later...

Warning,Be sure you are not late at the beginning of the movie, and they do show something after the 10 minute ending credits. But outside of that the movie was great, non stop action, great soundtrack, great acting by everybody. "And IMAX 3D is the way to see it" Ed

• Like 1

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll probably watch it tomorrow.

I was not that interested at first because I am not too into comic books but have enjoyed all superhero movies (except spiderman) so far so I'll probably like this one too.

From trailers seems like Rocket Raccoon will be my favorite. 

Warning,Be sure you are not late at the beginning of the movie, and they do show something after the 10 minute ending credits. But outside of that the movie was great, non stop action, great soundtrack, great acting by everybody. "And IMAX 3D is the way to see it" Ed

Thanks for the tip, Ed. That's what I'm doing tomorrow night after hitting the Lego Store for two Exo-Suits and two Research Institutes.

Everyone clapped for quite a while after it.

That's something I never get, and even dislike. There is no one to give applause to in a movie theater. It is a movie, a recording. It is not a place to clap. I once even watched a movie where people clapped right between scenes, disturbing. Now - if one of the people involved in the movie would actually be there, that would be another issue ...

• Like 1