Guardians of the Galaxy

BrickSellerPlus

That is so US American. A little violence is ok, but a little skin isn't.

I'm perfectly fine with it, in fact, I support nudity in film and tv :imsohappy: But for young kids, they can wait.

It's not super kid-friendly. It's pretty violent, though mostly bloodless. There is amount of language, though most of it was on the minor side. There isn't any full-on nudity, though there are some off-color jokes and innuendo. I didn't take my 11 year old. I think 13 is fine. But that is all subjective.

Big spoilers, you are warned.

The most shocking part may be

the very first scene when the hero's mother dies in a hospital, due to a cancer (leukaemia ?).

There are lazers beams which electrifies ennemies. No bloody headshots.

The most violent scene I remember is when groot pierce his arm through many ennemies, but at the end he made a stupid, innocent (and funny) smile.

The only blood I can remember is when a prisonner got sacrified (a hammer shot in the head, but off-screen) and then some black blood running on the floor.

I don't remember any nudit: no breasts, no butts... maybe we can see the bottom of the bad guy when go off his "bath" but I'm not sure.

But for sure some words are quite hard, I mean there are a lot of bad words, not "big son of a b**ch" but something like "you bastard"

The movie is ok for 13 years old kids IMO

Ok, thanks guys.  It sounds like we should probably wait as he's 8.  He's watched LotR and stuff like that, so violence without a bunch of blood isn't really anything new to him. But I don't want it sexualized and graphic like some of the other Avenger movies are. Again, I have no issue with it, but want to make sure a movie is appropriate as much as they want to watch it.

• 2 weeks later...

All this talk of the movie and I hope some of you are smart enough to pounce on the set with Rocket Raccoon. If comic book sales is any indicator, the ugly Raccoon will do a Deadpool on you. So do yourselves a favor and load up while you can. These guardian sets will have a surprise exit and before you know it, you'll see a nice triple to quadruple due to that Raccoon. Hop on the set for a Rocket ride.

• Like 2

All this talk of the movie and I hope some of you are smart enough to pounce on the set with Rocket Raccoon. If comic book sales is any indicator, the ugly Raccoon will do a Deadpool on you. So do yourselves a favor and load up while you can. These guardian sets will have a surprise exit and before you know it, you'll see a nice triple to quadruple due to that Raccoon. Hop on the set for a Rocket ride.

Is this speculation or is there a source involved? With that being said, what kind of exit are you talking of? Very short life span?

Is this speculation or is there a source involved? With that being said, what kind of exit are you talking of? Very short life span?

I don't think he has a source but I do tend to agree...no way these sets are here next Christmas. I'd say 1yr shelf life or less. And yes, it doesn't take a genius to know that the rocket and groot are pure gold.

However, won't the figures be remade- probably so. So yeah , I think $40-50 for each of those figures by next Christmas is certainly feasible. And I would expect a double or more on the others too. But again, think all the figures except Ronan get remade wouldn't you think?

• 2 weeks later...

I knew something such as this was going to happen. Logically if you looked at those recent Comic-Con exclusive minibuilds of the Batmobile and The Ghost, not a single piece or minifigure was exclusive so for Rocket Raccoon in this unique getup (who's build also did not contain any exclusive pieces) to be the only odd one out of the bunch was weird.

And to think of hearing all those upset collectors stating they were super pissed and going to return their entire collection (ha) of the Guardians sets just because this 'essential' variant for Rocket Raccoon may have been exclusive. What a bunch of hullaballoo for naught.

I had zero interest in these sets....until I saw the movie. With its rising popularity and cult-following, I could see these sets doing very well around holidays f there's a shortage plus after retirement. With more movies coming, it would be almost certain we'll see another wave of sets....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think he has a source but I do tend to agree...no way these sets are here next Christmas. I'd say 1yr shelf life or less. And yes, it doesn't take a genius to know that the rocket and groot are pure gold.

However, won't the figures be remade- probably so. So yeah , I think $40-50 for each of those figures by next Christmas is certainly feasible. And I would expect a double or more on the others too. But again, think all the figures except Ronan get remade wouldn't you think?

Yup, Groot and retard Raccoon will send those who own the set rocketing regardless of the TRU polybag.

To the other poster who thinks I'm speculating. Go on eBay and type in the search "Incredible Hulk 271 CGC", hit the enter button, and scream "WTF???" If that's not good enough to convince you to buy the set, then too bad. While everyone's going after power lex, grab this while you can. I bet this set, 76020 will make a sudden disappearance and people will start crying in these forums missing out on a rocket ride by the raccoon.

Bet you Groot figure will net you just as much as Deadpool EOL.