Guardians of the Galaxy

BrickSellerPlus

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on these? I read somewhere that there is a possibility that these won't be around for the usual two years. Forgot where I read it. Here in Europe there are some nice discounts on them like -35%. I am thinking about stocking up on these now.  

Yeah, in the Lego catalog of this semester it says GotG sets are "Available for a limited time". I've never seen this tag before, I don't know if it means that or just a marketing ploy to try to sell more.

• 3 weeks later...

In the catalogue for 2015, GotG sets are gone and were replaced with the new Avengers sets. Really weird Lego giving up on these sets so early. They were available for what, one year?!

Don't know that they're "giving up"... GotG is basically a new franchise. Plus I'm sure they need the shelf space for the new Avengers sets.

Really weird yes. But good for us investors. My opinion.

Only three sets for this nice movie. Thanos (the very bad guy in avengers 3) make an appearance in it. And another GotG is coming on 2017.

My advice is to begin stocking the 3 sets (each set has its own unique minifigs, and each set is good). Quite easy to get some with 35% off now.

You'll have to wait some time before seeing again in a set the coolest raccoon in the galaxy.

I have a really good feeling about these sets when EOL...

I can't stop this feeling

Deep inside of me...

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'm hooked on a feeling !

Edited by biniou

Really weird yes. But good for us investors. My opinion.

Yup, really great. I still have to get the Groot/Rocket Rackoon set, guess I'll have to hurry a little bit.

Only three sets for this nice movie. Thanos (the very bad guy in avengers 3) make an appearance in it. And another GotG is coming on 2017.

My advice is to begin stocking the 3 sets (each set has its own unique minifigs, and each set is good). Quite easy to get some with 35% off now.

You'll have to wait some time before seeing again in a set the coolest raccoon in the galaxy.

I'm doing that (stocking packs of 3 sets).

The movie has a sequel confirmed, made a ton of movie, has some very popular characters (Groot and RR) and yet is backlisted against 76017 which has many years. Even the Iron Man3 sets had more time on the catalogue. Crazy options Lego made with these ones by stating they were available for a limited time (they weren't lying).

• 1 month later...

Thoughts on the 76020 set - Escape from Nowhere. I like the large Groot minifig - not a big set but the figs and being the 1st movie has some appeal here.

the set is total garbage and two of the figs are lame but I still think rocket and groot make this a big winner down the line. Then again lego can make a regular groot minifig and thing a could change...there are two rockets already and I'm sure more to come...not anytime soon though. I think this set goes to $80 by Christmas if it's gone by summer

the set is total garbage and two of the figs are lame but I still think rocket and groot make this a big winner down the line. Then again lego can make a regular groot minifig and thing a could change...there are two rockets already and I'm sure more to come...not anytime soon though. I think this set goes to $80 by Christmas if it's gone by summer

.. so it's all about the GROOOOOOT!  Thanks for the input.

• 4 weeks later...

In Australia these sets seem to have generally disappeared from stores, they're only available at SaH. How much more shelf life do you guys give this line?

There is much speculation that this line may have a short life but that seems to be just hopeful guessing. Here in the the US the Milano has been cleared from most Walmarts, but is readily available everywhere else and online. I don't know if any regional retailers have cleared them yet. I have quite a few Milanos so I hope they go quickly but who knows.

When was the last Super Heroes set that disappeared quickly? Maybe the Chopper or Hulk Breakout? I doubt they will under produce this line given most of the sets are based on popular films and comic book storylines.

My Target is the only place left with a stack of Milano Spaceships and a couple of Knowhere Escape (all retail). I can't even find the small one anymore unless somebody hid that in the store from me.

Our targets had at least 10-15 stacked of the small guardians set after Christmas...now I've not seen them hardly at all and they weren't clearanced so must have sold well

• 2 months later...

My Target is the only place left with a stack of Milano Spaceships and a couple of Knowhere Escape (all retail). I can't even find the small one anymore unless somebody hid that in the store from me.

​I noticed 3 Milanos today at a Target marked up to $99.99.  I wonder what price they'll use when they start clearancing these things?