Guardians of the Galaxy

BrickSellerPlus

​I noticed 3 Milanos today at a Target marked up to $99.99.  I wonder what price they'll use when they start clearancing these things?

I believe they've changed the in store price within the last week. It's an odd thing to do considering they still have it available for $62.99 online with in store pickup available. Even TRU only marked it up to $79.99.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/16/2015, 4:49:45, conceptmachine said:

Stocked up on the milano.  GOTG was a great flick.  I'm sure another will be coming out soon.  Probably remake it then lol.

Good price on amazon for them.

Yeah I'd bet on a remake when the new film comes out but i really like the Milano set.  Seems to be hanging around a little longer at toysrus then i would have liked but the film was certainly not a flop so expect this one to do well.  + where else can you get a batista mini fig!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am a big Guardians fan but didn't care much for the sets other than The Milano Ship.  I got the Rocket poly bag holding baby groot to complete it instead of the groot and rocket set.  

Next movie I would think we see another Milano and some better more interesting ships.  With DIsney owning star wars their relationship with Lego has grown even more and I would think this gets better Lego treatment next movie.  

Also, no one was expecting Guardians to be the hit it was the first time around

13 minutes ago, CoastaLego said:

I am a big Guardians fan but didn't care much for the sets other than The Milano Ship.  I got the Rocket poly bag holding baby groot to complete it instead of the groot and rocket set.  

Next movie I would think we see another Milano and some better more interesting ships.  With DIsney owning star wars their relationship with Lego has grown even more and I would think this gets better Lego treatment next movie.  

Also, no one was expecting Guardians to be the hit it was the first time around

I have a couple milanos and knowhere escape sets put away, but im not expecting too much from GG2.  The problem with lego super hero sets is they try to cover everything, so other than Batman and Avengers, nothing really gets much attention.  Given that the number of movies is only going to increase over the next few years, I cant see them doing much more for GG2 than they did for the first GG.  Its a shame that most of these sets are really designed as cheap 3 month shelf promos.  I would love to see them devote some time to them, but its unlikely they will change their pattern as long as they keep selling.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellow investors,

As a noob at investing im wondering this:
In 2017 the new guardians movie will come out, at the moment the wave 1 2014 sets are a very poor ivestment i know but this could all change in 2017
wenn the hype starts around the 2th movie

What do the veterans think? worth a moneyshot or leave it be?

cheers Nico

1 hour ago, NicoR123 said:

Hello fellow investors,

As a noob at investing im wondering this:
In 2017 the new guardians movie will come out, at the moment the wave 1 2014 sets are a very poor ivestment i know but this could all change in 2017
wenn the hype starts around the 2th movie

What do the veterans think? worth a moneyshot or leave it be?

cheers Nico

I have some thoughts :)

Keep in mind the Milano was pretty easy to obtain (at least for a lot of the horde) at 50% off or so, watch your buy in carefully

1 hour ago, Veegs said:

I have some thoughts :)

Keep in mind the Milano was pretty easy to obtain (at least for a lot of the horde) at 50% off or so, watch your buy in carefully

Very nice.  I think your assessment is pretty reasonable and I have a similar approach (small investment is worth it, but no so confident that I am putting every $ I can into it).

I am most concerned about the threat of remade sets.  Knowing very little about the next movie, it seems a remake of the Milano is at least a decent possibility.  And I would be very confident that we will get a much better Groot figure in the next wave.

1 hour ago, conceptmachine said:

I don't think the Malano will be remade.  It's not like an x wing and that sort of thing.  

(Milano) And what if it's the main spaceship in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 ?

My plan right now is to unload all my sets as soon as the first trailer will be displayed.