Guardians of the Galaxy

BrickSellerPlus

I started dumping most of my Super Hero sets since last summer/fall, including my Milanos. I bought in at decent prices, so I'm still making money, just not as much as I had hoped when I initially purchased everything. DC, Marvel, Batman, GoTG, etc. Everything must go. Super Heroes has become a tough theme to get behind in my opinion. They are mini figure driven, and rehashes and counterfeits aren't helping the matter. There are still a few hidden gems, like Ant-Man, but even that set will only go so high before it comes back to Earth. As always, it's good to diversify, but I'm not going crazy on this theme any more. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Veegs said:

I have some thoughts :)

Keep in mind the Milano was pretty easy to obtain (at least for a lot of the horde) at 50% off or so, watch your buy in carefully

Well i have to admit i paid almost full price for the 3 sets.... why u wonder?

1st and most important, i live in Belgium.... a small european country with limitid recources.
We have a few larger toy stores but thats all, other then lego shop online and fysical lego stores (wich know the prices ofcourse) we are out of recources...

2nd, those recources almost never do big "clear outs" with the prices of sets always keeping the same level ( i envy u america ;-) )

3th, a small proficit is still a profit xD

And if they really not sell, ill by a empty aquarium and make a display/MOC... they are nice sets imo

4 hours ago, terrymc4677 said:

I started dumping most of my Super Hero sets since last summer/fall, including my Milanos. I bought in at decent prices, so I'm still making money, just not as much as I had hoped when I initially purchased everything. DC, Marvel, Batman, GoTG, etc. Everything must go. Super Heroes has become a tough theme to get behind in my opinion. They are mini figure driven, and rehashes and counterfeits aren't helping the matter. There are still a few hidden gems, like Ant-Man, but even that set will only go so high before it comes back to Earth. As always, it's good to diversify, but I'm not going crazy on this theme any more. 

I think summer wave of sets plus the classic batcave should give a little more credibility to the Superheroes line(s) on the whole. I still have a bunch of Daily Bugles and could unload now for a small profit, but the new bridge set will (hopefully?) boost demand a little. Having Batman back on the big screen in a few weeks should help too. I still see some promise for some DC and Marvel sets...

10 hours ago, Veegs said:

I think summer wave of sets plus the classic batcave should give a little more credibility to the Superheroes line(s) on the whole. I still have a bunch of Daily Bugles and could unload now for a small profit, but the new bridge set will (hopefully?) boost demand a little. Having Batman back on the big screen in a few weeks should help too. I still see some promise for some DC and Marvel sets...

Gonna boost the tumbler to new hights ... hopefully :)

10 hours ago, NicoR123 said:

Well i have to admit i paid almost full price for the 3 sets.... why u wonder?

1st and most important, i live in Belgium.... a small european country with limitid recources.
We have a few larger toy stores but thats all, other then lego shop online and fysical lego stores (wich know the prices ofcourse) we are out of recources...

2nd, those recources almost never do big "clear outs" with the prices of sets always keeping the same level ( i envy u america ;-) )

3th, a small proficit is still a profit xD

And if they really not sell, ill by a empty aquarium and make a display/MOC... they are nice sets imo

Similarly, based in an even smaller island. So Lego or amazon are my only buy options.

Limiting potential for profit some what.

STARWARS has been my main theme. But Looking to diversify, great site.

A lot of super hero stuff so picking write will be tricky 

3 minutes ago, Squashmike10 said:

Similarly, based in an even smaller island. So Lego or amazon are my only buy options.

Limiting potential for profit some what.

STARWARS has been my main theme. But Looking to diversify, great site.

A lot of super hero stuff so picking write will be tricky 

I know bro... pffff Isle of Man, thats just really unlucky
tip: if u see any tumbler's there... hoard!!

• 4 months later...

Maybe it's been posted somewhere else and I missed it but TLG confirmed (ok I know we all knew it anyway) that they'll be doing some sets for the new film.

Didn't expect much (if anything) from the first movie and have to say it blew me away.  Yeah its marvel so it will be minifigure driven with some parts thrown in to add some bulk to the sets but the Millano has to be one of my fave SH sets.
I mean the figures are great but that ship is something else.  Other then the Hulk buster I can't think of another set where I've bought one specifically for the build.  I'd expect a remake of this one though (will have been 3 years since its original release by 2017 so right on que).

Saw this news and did wonder what it will mean for the existing sets.  I have a couple of Milanos and escape from Knowhere sets.  Only problem is they are still in stock in a few random TRU'S despite retirement and that seems to be holding the prices down.  I got them at a good discount but can't b decide whether to stick or twist with these sets. 

Will new sets prompt people to want full collections and therefore pick up the phase 1 sets  or will remakes and new minifigures render these sets as next to worthless. 

• 5 months later...
31 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Yes, just2good was just speculating, but it's a fairly decent educated guess.

On 2/2/2016 at 8:58 AM, baschloinka said:

Knowing very little about the next movie, it seems a remake of the Milano is at least a decent possibility.  And I would be very confident that we will get a much better Groot figure in the next wave.

Agree with the fairly decent educated guess.  Looks like I'll have to revise the other part of my comment.  I still think we will get a better Groot, but it appears only baby Groot will be in the movie.  So the larger, clunky, built Groot should remained unchallenged. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...