30226 - Police Helicopter

TheOrcKing

Time to discuss how this set will damage the secondary price for 30222...

any takers... ?

Bueller ??

:D

Virtually the same, I mean, lots of tweaks, but I wouldn`t care about one of the other. Personally, I don`t believe there was much potential with the first one anyway, it`s not unique, so this one doesn`t make any difference haha. 

Time to discuss how this set will damage the secondary price for 30222...

any takers... ?

Bueller ??

:D

There is a difference between the canopy piece and the way how the landing gear is put together but they are pretty identical. Sheesh, there has been so many Police Helicopters including polybags, it's enough to make your head spin and this is actually the fourth polybag released. Come to think of it, it's only been these past couple of years that another one pops out from Lego's ever growing precinct.

4991 released 2004

4991_main.jpg

30014 released 2011

30014_main.jpg

30022 released 2013

0222-1.jpg

30026 released 2014

14467190186_f95d85f406_o.jpg

I do admit that the most recent looks the best, but I wouldn't bother with it. Come on! Give us some LoTR/the Hobbit army builder polybags!

That is true. It does look like the best one that they have released, but Lego always finds a way to improve upon the older version.

I've seen these at Target as well.  I bought one and it's a fun little build.  I gather this isn't much of a an investment?  From what I have read and the comments other members have made on here, City doesn't exactly seem to be a great investment.  Am I wrong?

Certain City sub-themes are good investments, like Mining, Arctic, Farming, etc. The normal Police and Fire Dept. ones are usually not very strong.

30226 is  quite an improvement over 30222.  The slopes on the sides make it look fuller/bigger/wider even though the canopy was shrunk to 2 studs wide from 4.  Plus the headlight can go up and down.

As for investment, these probably only appeal to die hard collectors who must have every single poly.  Very limited audience

Certain City sub-themes are good investments, like Mining, Arctic, Farming, etc. The normal Police and Fire Dept. ones are usually not very strong.

There are some Police and Fire Dept. sets that are worthy investments. They are the sets that are not remade every two years. City sets that are re-made every two years are usually not good investments.

How do you know when you buy a set that it won't be re-made two years later?

Set that are going to be re-made in two years have been re-made in the past. For example, Police and Fire stations are always re-made every two years. An example of a set that isn't re-made every two years is the airport fire truck. To find sets that aren't going to be re-made in two years, you have to look at past sets and see which ones don't reappear every two years.

Set that are going to be re-made in two years have been re-made in the past. For example, Police and Fire stations are always re-made every two years. An example of a set that isn't re-made every two years is the airport fire truck. To find sets that aren't going to be re-made in two years, you have to look at past sets and see which ones don't reappear every two years.

Of course, the LEGO could surprise you and pick a new set to remake. Really there isn't a pattern to remakes from what I can tell. Certain sets you just know are going to be remade. For example, in Star Wars, Rebel Snowspeeder, Y-Wing, X-Wing, TIE Fighter. In City, Fire Station, Police Station, Mobile Command Center, etc.