5002812 - Classic Spaceman Minifigure

biniou

• 2 weeks later...

My pleasure.

The banner has been removed from the LEGO Shop at Home, maybe because the stock is running low.

I received my first one this morning, I did not have opened it yet. The box is so soft to the touch, it's really nice.

I had the same sentiment when I received mine. The box is so nice it would be a shame to open it. One of the best 'freebies' I got so far from TLG

Will this do better than Mini Mini? I am in two minds whether to get GE with Mini right now or wait till September for this little space buddy.

Well, I think that set will be more limited than the mini-me mini-mini.

Plus, that set is more "cool" because it's in a box and have a booklet. Nothing to be compared with a polybag.

And (IMO) the mini-mini is stupid, ugly and useless. The mini-van was ok but that mini-mini is a total disappointment.

At least, the space astronaut can fit in the exosuit (for fans of the original project), and it is a minifig, not some bricks put together to make a random mini lego city set which looks like any random car.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest brickcrazyhouse

Read on the news link, someone thinks it may be us/Canada in September.

yup got one yesterday for spending $100. sold already for 24 w/ free shipping

I am a classic Space guy; I remember spending hours play Space Lego.  Loved it.  But this particular one is just "meh" for me, too.  It's just a white Space guy.  What am I missing?

Need these to complete scenes from Cloud Cuckoo Land.. : )

I say this somewhat jokingly, but in all seriousness the white space guys shows up multiple times in the movie and I think that will help this figure.

I am a classic Space guy; I remember spending hours play Space Lego.  Loved it.  But this particular one is just "meh" for me, too.  It's just a white Space guy.  What am I missing?

It's the whole package...the spaceman, the little booklet, the nice box etc. and the fact that it's limited. It's a nice little collectable item.

But as a set, then yeah, it's just a white spaceman with a little robot, if that's how you want to look at it.

It's the whole package...the spaceman, the little booklet, the nice box etc. and the fact that it's limited. It's a nice little collectable item.

But as a set, then yeah, it's just a white spaceman with a little robot, if that's how you want to look at it.

For me, that's how I'm looking at it.  For the collectors out there (and for us as investors), I see it from that side, too.

The classic space fig is only available until 9/14. Isn't this a pretty short time frame for a freebie, most are a month.

I bet they might even run out before that as well. 

I will be holding the ones I pick up. I see it going for more than it currently does in the not too distant future.