What is your answer when in the post office ask about what is in the box?

What is your answer when in the post office ask about what is in the box?

Im a little curious about the answer you can give me!!!

In my first sell i answer ( its a lego set) but i want to know if its fine to say that?

What did you say?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I only have one guy at one of the several post offices in town that ever asks what is inside.  I want to tell him it's none of his damn business, but I always just say "toys".  One lady at another location had one move when she lifted it and could hear the pieces and said" Oooh, sounds like Legos, I love Legos". 

• Like 3

I never have been asked. 

One day a deliveryman ringed at my door if I could take a package for my neighbour who was on vacation. I said ok. It was quite a big box and my wife and I were wondering what was in it. So we were shaking it to get a clue. We were quite positive it was a torso/body. Then we saw there was a website written on the box. So we went online and searched... It was a site where you could buy XXX dolls.

• Like 4

Your postal workers are super nosey it seems.....I've never been asked that question.

same here.  i have never been asked.  the usps deliveryman once asked only because he thought it was broken (and he's my regular guy.. very cool).  i just said, "just toys for the kids"

They usually just ask if it's fragile, contains liquids, perishable, or lithium batteries. They usually aren't too nosey. Sometimes when I sell comics and use Media Mail as the shipping method they ask because that is a restricted shipping method. I am usually vague and say books because this is a gray area whether comics fall under Media Mail although I have done it for years and never had a problem.

They usually just ask if it's fragile, contains liquids, perishable, or lithium batteries. They usually aren't too nosey. Sometimes when I sell comics and use Media Mail as the shipping method they ask because that is a restricted shipping method. I am usually vague and say books because this is a gray area whether comics fall under Media Mail although I have done it for years and never had a problem.

Technically media mail is for educational materials only.  However, I've used it to ship pretty much any printed material or disc without a problem.

"Not a bomb or any kind of chemical weapon such as might be sent to a representative of Congress, THAT's for sure!" said with a nervous laugh and furtive expression. Works particularly well if you wear ratty clothes and refuse to look directly at them.

Somewhere in some government database is a picture of a frog and a tag that says "keep an eye on"

• Like 1

Technically media mail is for educational materials only.  However, I've used it to ship pretty much any printed material or disc without a problem.

This is not correct. Media mail is for all "normal" books (from trashy paperback fiction to textbooks and everything between) and certain other "media" (music and dvds, for example, both fall under the classification for "sound recording" and are allowed). Regardless of the usps website advertising, it's not limited to educational materials. When in doubt as to postal rules, always consult the DMM (Domestic Mail Manual) - it's the bottom line in what's what.

http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/173.htm

From the DMM:

Content Standards for Media Mail 4.1Qualified Items

Only these items may be mailed at the Media Mail prices:

a.Books, including books issued to supplement other books, of at least eightprinted pages, consisting wholly of reading matter or scholarly bibliography, or reading matter with incidental blank spaces for notations and containing no advertising matter other than incidental announcements of books. Advertising includes paid advertising and the publishers' own advertising in display, classified, or editorial style.

b.16-millimeter or narrower width films, which must be positive prints in final form for viewing, and catalogs of such films of 24 pages or more (at least 22 of which are printed). Films and film catalogs sent to or from commercial theaters do not qualify for the Media Mail price.

c.Printed music, whether in bound or sheet form.

d.Printed objective test materials and their accessories used by or on behalf of educational institutions to test ability, aptitude, achievement, interests, and other mental and personal qualities with or without answers, test scores, or identifying information recorded thereon in writing or by mark.

e.Sound recordings, including incidental announcements of recordings andguides or scripts prepared solely for use with such recordings. Video recordings and player piano rolls are classified as sound recordings.

f.Playscripts and manuscripts for books, periodicals, and music.

***.Printed educational reference charts designed to instruct or train individuals for improving or developing their capabilities. Each chart must be a single printed sheet of information designed for educational reference. The information on the chart, which may be printed on one or both sides of the sheet, must be conveyed primarily by graphs, diagrams, tables, or other nonnarrative matter. An educational reference chart is normally but not necessarily devoted to one subject. A chart on which the information is conveyed primarily by textual matter in a narrative form does not qualify as a printed educational reference chart for mailing at the Media Mail prices even if it includes graphs, diagrams, or tables. Examples of qualifying charts include maps produced primarily for educational reference, tables of mathematical or scientific equations, noun declensions or verb conjugations used in the study of languages, periodic table of elements, botanical or zoological tables, and other tables used in the study of science.

****.Loose-leaf pages and their binders consisting of medical information fordistribution to doctors, hospitals, medical schools, and medical students.

i.Computer-readable media containing prerecorded information and guides or scripts prepared solely for use with such media.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

I say "male enhancement product" so I never get asked a second time! Lego enhances the lives of male AFOLs so, I'm telling the truth!

I work at the post office all they can ask is if there is anything luiquid fragle parisable or potentially hazardous in the box a new thing is they can ask if its perfume or lithium batteries. They have no business asking whats in the box you can just say a gift or none of your business.

I always get asked at the post office I go to. They want to know if it is liquids or whatever. Also I need to fill out the declaration form if it is going outside canada and sometimes they fill it in for you. I usually just say toy or plastic building blocks and not lego because im afraid someone might steal the package if I write lego on it.