Should I sell my original Harry Potter sets or hold onto them?

I came across a good deal on four Sealed Harry Potter Chamber of Secrets (2002) Sets and was wondering if there would be any benefit in holding onto them for a bit longer. Another question do you think it would be better to sell them separately or in a lot together?

The Four sets are ,

4726 - Quidditch Practice (Sealed)

4729 - Dumbledore's Office (Sealed)

4731 - Dobby's Release (Sealed)

4735 - Slytherin (Sealed)

Thanks,

I ran those through the lot calculator and came up with just under $240. Personally I would sell them now as they are over 10 years old the value growth will be slow if any. The one wild card would be the new book that is currently be written in the Harry Potter universe. Still I would sell.

I agree. If you were the buyer of this listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WOW-Lot-4X-FIRST-SERIES-Harry-Potter-Lego-Sets-2002-4726-4729-4731-4735-/141339984839?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item20e88503c7

don't make the same mistake as that seller of not making it available to the United Kingdom. According to the price guide Dumbledore's Office alone should have sold for more than they got for the whole lot.

• Like 1

I agree. If you were the buyer of this listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WOW-Lot-4X-FIRST-SERIES-Harry-Potter-Lego-Sets-2002-4726-4729-4731-4735-/141339984839?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item20e88503c7

don't make the same mistake as that seller of not making it available to the United Kingdom. According to the price guide Dumbledore's Office alone should have sold for more than they got for the whole lot.

Haha I did buy that listing, good eye. Thanks for the advice guys

• Like 1

If the goal is to make money, probably best to sell them now. Honestly though, I would keep them, just from a collector`s stand point they`de be great to have, and at $135 you`ve don`t have much into them, making the addition even more attractive. 

There will always be that small possibility of exponential worth sneaking around some hidden corner but would it honestly be worth the time waiting to earn a few dollars more later then what you could make at this very moment to place on another investment now? Unless the grass will actually be much greener in a few more years, I would say to sell now or better yet at least wait for this coming holiday spending season.

If the goal is to make money, probably best to sell them now. Honestly though, I would keep them, just from a collector`s stand point they`de be great to have, and at $135 you`ve don`t have much into them, making the addition even more attractive. 

This Is always my problem, I have been a collector for years and only recently began selling. So now every time I buy Legos with the intentions of reselling. The collector comes out in me and makes me want to keep everything. 

• Like 3

This Is always my problem, I have been a collector for years and only recently began selling. So now every time I buy Legos with the intentions of reselling. The collector comes out in me and makes me want to keep everything.

I like collecting too. It's hard when you have kept something for so long, and then you try to sell it but you've grown attached to it and then have a hard time letting it go......even though your intention the entire time was to sell it to make money. Weird, I know........

• Like 1

I seriously do not understand why people who cannot think and decide for themselves invest in anything at all...

Asking such question on a forum makes me wonder if those who ask it, think we will make profit for them and decide for them....... might aswell sell them and transfer cash to whoever decides for them aswell, because if you have to ask this you obviously are prone to fail.

Did you not set your profit margin?

Did you not make any research?

Did you not look up and say ''Hey thats good price I want to get rid of them'' ???

I cannot decide if asking such question is just SUPER lazy or super dumb..... 

I seriously do not understand why people who cannot think and decide for themselves invest in anything at all...

Asking such question on a forum makes me wonder if those who ask it, think we will make profit for them and decide for them....... might aswell sell them and transfer cash to whoever decides for them aswell, because if you have to ask this you obviously are prone to fail.

Did you not set your profit margin?

Did you not make any research?

Did you not look up and say ''Hey thats good price I want to get rid of them'' ???

I cannot decide if asking such question is just SUPER lazy or super dumb.....

Calm down. You're acting like you don't get any :) The poster is just asking for a second opinion.

To the original poster, I would unload these sets starting in Oct for holiday buyers.

If I bought this lot, I place these on eBay and / or Bricklink now at prices that I would be happy at if they sold during the holiday season.

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

• Like 1

I am perfectly calm, no worries I am just super surprised on such questions....

In most cases when people ask such questions its either they have absolutely no clue or they just want second opinion(like you said)or which in other words means he already decided, and will only take into account the replies in the already decided path.... 

I am perfectly calm, no worries I am just super surprised on such questions....

In most cases when people ask such questions its either they have absolutely no clue or they just want second opinion(like you said)or which in other words means he already decided, and will only take into account the replies in the already decided path....

:)

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

People are naturally indecisive and want to be told what to do. They ask thinly veiled questions hoping the answers reenforce the answer they already had in their head.

We've all done it at some point, and this website probably wouldn't exist without the need for these answers.

Hold onto the sets if you want to collect them but otherwise sell them off now as your potential gains from waiting are probably irrelevant.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Brickpicker mobile app

• Like 1

People are naturally indecisive and want to be told what to do. They ask thinly veiled questions hoping the answers reenforce the answer they already had in their head.

We've all done it at some point, and this website probably wouldn't exist without the need for these answers.

Hold onto the sets if you want to collect them but otherwise sell them off now as your potential gains from waiting are probably irrelevant.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Brickpicker mobile app

You are exactly right, except that it is not naturally but because of current way society is going .....

And that is also why I try to imply to everyone askign such questions that it is he who needs to take the responsibility and be a ''man'' and take the step whatever he decides....

And I am not sure if I've ever asked what to do regarding investments I made and anything similar as to where to put my own money into.....  I sell when i think its time to sell from my own view regardless of what anyone says really :)

God forbid someone ask for another opinion :)

Second guessing yourself when money involved is a good thing in reality.

If I asked a stupid question 100 times but it prevented me from losing 200$, it was worth it. Maybe not for you all, but yeah.

It doesnt seem like he has an opinion at all to get the second one, to me it seems like he is just lazy and wants to make the most bucks without doing any research himself.....

I stopped guessing myself long ago, because whenever i second guessed myself in betting on sports it just happened i chose the right team or right bet the first time and then chose worse in 90% the second time......

I think there is plenty of written about selling on this forums now, and people should do research and used the ''search'' button on top right side, check blogs that are amazingly well written (even some by you) 

It doesnt seem like he has an opinion at all to get the second one, to me it seems like he is just lazy and wants to make the most bucks without doing any research himself.....

I stopped guessing myself long ago, because whenever i second guessed myself in betting on sports it just happened i chose the right team or right bet the first time and then chose worse in 90% the second time......

I think there is plenty of written about selling on this forums now, and people should do research and used the ''search'' button on top right side, check blogs that are amazingly well written (even some by you) 

It's the internet.  Cut people a break.  People go on forums to socialize and to find out information.  There is always someone with more knowledge on a subject, so why not ask?  Many people don't mind sharing their experience. 

• Like 1

It's the internet.  Cut people a break.  People go on forums to socialize and to find out information.  There is always someone with more knowledge on a subject, so why not ask?  Many people don't mind sharing their experience. 

Thats exactly the thing.... he is not finding information he is asking to be told what to do..... if he wanted to find information he would've done it on the search button on this side and put the brains on ''on''.

Whats the point of all those useful blogs and posts that were created, if we/you encourage people to ask ''dumb'' questions over and over again and not use the info thats available, instead we should teach people thow to search not bring them ideas and info on the silver platter....

Now i never said anything against socializing did I?

Thats exactly the thing.... he is not finding information he is asking to be told what to do..... if he wanted to find information he would've done it on the search button on this side and put the brains on ''on''.

Whats the point of all those useful blogs and posts that were created, if we/you encourage people to ask ''dumb'' questions over and over again and not use the info thats available, instead we should teach people thow to search not bring them ideas and info on the silver platter....

Now i never said anything against socializing did I?

If you can find people who are willing to give you good, experienced answers (without you needing to learn or do anything), it isn't dumb - it is actually pretty smart.