LEGO Shop at Home order via fedex lost or stolen - What are my options

So I ordered the new mini and the fedex tracking shows it was delivered yesterday. Says left at front door sig not required. I have not contacted lego or fedex yet. If it was stolen off my porch I don't think they are liable anyways. I can dispute the charge on my cc but that could get me banned from LEGO Shop at Home. 

Anyone dealt with this before? I have had dozens of legos shipped to the house. Seems unlikely that one small box got stolen but I guess it's possible. I live in a nice area in North Raleigh. If it was stolen do I have any options? I'll have everything shipped to my office from now on. 

just report it to LEGO, they should send you a replacement. most bigbox internet store would do the same. highly unlikely they may prompt fedex to do an investigation, but its probably not cost effective for either of the them so all SAH will do is send you another one and eat the cost of it.

its also possible that fedex delivered it to the wrong address and it may show up a few days/weeks later

• Like 1

just report it to LEGO, they should send you a replacement. most bigbox internet store would do the same. highly unlikely they may prompt fedex to do an investigation, but its probably not cost effective for either of the them so all SAH will do is send you another one and eat the cost of it.

its also possible that fedex delivered it to the wrong address and it may show up a few days/weeks late

i'll call lego tomorrow. I'm going to give it another day in case it was the wrong addy like you said. Thanks for the advice.

I used to be a contractor for FedEx Ground. They are liable for anything that either was stolen from your front porch (if they didn't get a signature) or that was delivered to the wrong address.

1-800-GOFEDEX

Tell them you didn't get your package and they will follow up with the driver. Contact Lego and let them know that you didn't get your package as well.

• Like 2

Contact 1-800-GOFEDEX and they will direct you to the CSA at your local Ground station. They will be able to get in contact with the courier and figure out if it was at the wrong address.  If you notice a box missing, it's best to get in contact with Fedex as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the harder it is for the courier to help you out. Also if you get a lot of shipments from Ground the courier will recognize your address since your a regular on his/her route.  

I don't know about FedEx but this happened to me with UPS on a shipment from Amazon. I contacted UPS and all they did was confirm that it was delivered and said there was nothing they could do about it. I contacted Amazon and they sent out a replacement immediately no questions asked. I assume they filed a claim with UPS to get reimbursed but I don't know.

• Like 1

Fedex will send the courier back to your address to make sure they delivered it to the right place. If they realized they delivered it to the wrong address, they will go to the door and try to retrieve the box and redeliver it. However, some people claim they have already reshipped or brought it to the right house , in reality they probably stole it. In this case, there is nothing Fedex can do. Try contacting your local Fedex station as soon as possible. The courier may still be in your area or will have a better memory of where he delivered the package. 

If your shipment comes via Fedex Home Delivery, you can have it held at any Fedex location (they're all over the place, since they used to be kinkos).  I have one down the street from me and have all my packages redirected there.  That way they can't make a mistake and drop it off at your neighbors, it won't get left out in the rain, stolen, etc.  Slightly inconvenient since you have to pick it up yourself but you get the peace of mind.

I started doing this because both Fedex and UPS would deliver my packages to my numerical address, but on the next street up.

• Like 1