60009 - Helicopter Arrest

glucapg

I'd say no for the following reasons:

- The emergency theme gets rehashed so often that I don't think it does very well in the aftermarket.  It would have to be really unique, chances are Lego will have a police helicopter out when you want to sell this.

- It has a ways to go before retirement, being released in 2013.

Your dollars would probably be better spent elsewhere.  If you do buy into this set, I wouldn't get in unless it was 50% off or more.

I'll throw out a counter opinion for fun. There are a few things in this set's favor:

- TRU exclusive, so it has not seen deep discounts, at least in the US. 

- It's true that there are a ton of other police sets, but the ones featuring the "robber hideout" element hold some appeal and the forest versions have performed well when retired early.

- Pairs well with Museum break-out, which also features villain vehicles in the gray/black/red color scheme.

I had picked up a couple of these a while back when TRU had them on a rare sale. I don't expect it to be a big gainer, but once this and Museum Break In retire, I think they could be a nice Christmas 2015 item if they retire by then.

Like most things, probably better to just put money into exclusives though. :-)

• Like 2

I'll throw out a counter opinion for fun. There are a few things in this set's favor:

- TRU exclusive, so it has not seen deep discounts, at least in the US. 

- It's true that there are a ton of other police sets, but the ones featuring the "robber hideout" element hold some appeal and the forest versions have performed well when retired early.

- Pairs well with Museum break-out, which also features villain vehicles in the gray/black/red color scheme.

I had picked up a couple of these a while back when TRU had them on a rare sale. I don't expect it to be a big gainer, but once this and Museum Break In retire, I think they could be a nice Christmas 2015 item if they retire by then.

Like most things, probably better to just put money into exclusives though. :-)

Agree completely. I have several of both sets (museum and arrest) for the reasons you specified. Look at past history of sets featuring a "base" for the bad guys. They are solid performers. After they pull off their museum heist, they need a place to go to look through their loot and plan their next job. I wouldn't go all in on either set, but having a few, bought at a discount of course, won't break you down the road. The museum set also comes with a light brick, which is cool.

• 5 weeks later...