moc'n up the sdcc batmobile

Guest brickcrazyhouse

Guest brickcrazyhouse

I really like the sdcc version of the classic style batmobile but won't pay those prices and can't find the instructions yet.  So that leaves me to using the LDD to figure it out and parting it through bricklink. Has anyone tried to recreate this? I'm stuck on the back end due to lack of pictures.  And on the front bumper how the two center pieces http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3049 connect so closely.  If anyone has found pics of the back end the link would be appreciated. 

I really like the sdcc version of the classic style batmobile but won't pay those prices and can't find the instructions yet.  So that leaves me to using the LDD to figure it out and parting it through bricklink. Has anyone tried to recreate this? I'm stuck on the back end due to lack of pictures.  And on the front bumper how the two center pieces http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3049 connect so closely.  If anyone has found pics of the back end the link would be appreciated.

lego-batmobile.jpg

prob uses some red elements like one or more of these on front bumper...

44728.jpg

30414.jpg

I really need more views of the car to get a better idea.  can't even find a pic of the car's rear on google.

note: some thought the red wheel mudguard was exclusive but i see it comes in red,

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=51818&colorID=5

I managed to find the Juniors Batman set on sale for $10 which was perfect as I wanted to get those classic Batman & Robin minifigures just so I could recreate the 60s Batmobile. I wasn't thinking about rebuilding this version but I could probably figure some aspects out from the image. Slightly different but there is a real good recreation for the full size car on Eurobricks.

cartboard_crusaders_b.jpg

note: some thought the red wheel mudguard was exclusive but i see it comes in red,

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=51818&colorID=5

Red for the mudguard is pretty common. You want rare, try orange. Haha.
  • Like 1

I managed to find the Juniors Batman set on sale for $10 which was perfect as I wanted to get those classic Batman & Robin minifigures just so I could recreate the 60s Batmobile. I wasn't thinking about rebuilding this version but I could probably figure some aspects out from the image. Slightly different but there is a real good recreation for the full size car on Eurobricks.

Where did you find it for $10? I might be interested in doing the same...or helping my 2 year old. Yeah, that's it.

Where did you find it for $10? I might be interested in doing the same...or helping my 2 year old. Yeah, that's it.

I found one hidden in the clearance aisle of my Walmart but I have a feeling it was just one of those odd mistakes since seeing a couple on the shelf in the regular Lego aisle later. Still I'll take what I can get and the minifigures are so perfectly retro.
  • Like 2

I believe part of the back was shown in the LEGO Batman "Success" poster that posted to LEGO's Twitter feed a little while ago.

Actually it looks a little different...

post-8943-0-84910300-1406434621_thumb.pn

• Like 1

I believe part of the back was shown in the LEGO Batman "Success" poster that posted to LEGO's Twitter feed a little while ago.

Actually it looks a little different...

It looks like Batman is leaning on the front of the Batmobile.

• Like 1

After a lot of messing around between comparing images of the build on the box and even the original vehicle itself, this is what I managed to come up with. It does not use the full 152 piece count displayed on the box but I did use some big plates and bricks for the areas you cannot see. Knowing how Lego likes to use smaller bits in place of larger single ones (such as 2 2x4s instead of a single 2x8), I could replace some to bulk up the count. Still I feel like I did a respectable job with all things considered and am proud of the results.

med_gallery_2081_127_24028.png

I have absolutely no idea what the back area really looks like other than guessing how Lego would tackle it themselves and glancing at the side shots eyeing the separation lines between bricks. Plus I compared sources of images for the box on eBay and the original car from the 1960s. Now before you jump my case, the dome piece does exist in black without any sort of printing which means this is completely Bricklinkable! Well, eventually anyway when The Phantom set from Star Wars Rebels is released or at least available to all.

med_gallery_2081_127_24585.png

At this point the main areas I question are the seating area, the rear, that thing in the middle separating the driver from the passenger, and the placement of the antennas. If only there was an overhead shot and a back shot, this could be perfect. Until then here you go. ^_^

• Like 7

Guest brickcrazyhouse

Ok so I got what I could and it's not far off TOK's at 151 pieces.  BL looks like it's going to to be just under $20 with having to be in three orders. 

I don't like the batmobile at all - the shape and everything about this one. BUT... you did a pretty nice job. I think that will pass for it perfectly.

Now you just need to build it and sell it "used" for 300$

Thank you. Speaking of selling, I noticed a couple sellers on eBay are already selling just the minifigures from the Juniors set but stating the listing as though they were from the exclusive set minus the Batmobile starting from $50 to $80.

Is the LDD file posted in this thread somewhere? Thanks guys...

I really don't like how Lego's LDD gallery does not offer links for individual projects as you can't directly link to anything there. Here's a quick link to start from for everyone.

Anyway, Tormentalous (The Brick Fan) usually gets a chance to review these exclusive Comic-Con items like last year so I may be able to see if he can take an image of the parts list for the set. I'm pretty good at building from that. Also I can post sequential images here just like an instruction booklet so that everyone can build this themselves if they want to.

• Like 3

Anyway, Tormentalous (The Brick Fan) usually gets a chance to review these exclusive Comic-Con items like last year so I may be able to see if he can take an image of the parts list for the set. I'm pretty good at building from that.

Figures, it would seem me making this statement may have just ended up jinxing Allen's chances at getting the Batmobile exclusive or any of the sets for that matter as you can read in his recap that he couldn't get to any of them for purchase. :resent: Still he did win all four minifigures so good for him. :dance:

Now I do not know when or even if a parts list shall be added to Bricklink anytime soon for me to go by therefore I will just go ahead and post a series of images on how I put together the SDCC Batmobile anyway for everyone. If an inventory does indeed get listed then I will change what needs to and make the following updates when that happens. Anyway, stay tuned for some build instructions coming your way

As promised, I will post how I built the digital rendition of the San Diego Comic-Con Classic-TV Batmobile. First off is the part list which was taken straight from the generated HTML Building Guide LDD generates. I tried to keep the amount of bricks minimal as possible to make it easy to put together while still taking into consideration Lego

• Like 7