moc'n up the sdcc batmobile

Guest brickcrazyhouse

Guest brickcrazyhouse

don't know of any easy way to port the inventory list to bricklink, but it took less then 10 mins to take the inventory and manually adding it to a wanted list. the hard part is figuring out what parts are missing from a store that has the most parts. my build is a little off TOK's but http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Scotts&wID=330386 had all but two types of elements 7 pieces

Figures as much but it seems I should have performed a little more thorough search for the Lego Classic TV Series Batmobile because it turns out about four days ago on the Toyark site that a member posted a really good review with the set physically built! I only wish the poster laid out the bricks for all to see and a more direct shot at the back fender. Still when you take a look at these photos, I'm sure you can agree that with everything considered I managed to do a pretty good job with only a single image from the box to go by.

So far the visible mistakes of my interpretation are the turbo jet on the back which turned out to be the 2x2 circle grill part in light bluish gray (plus the f

• Like 1

Never again will I trust TOK haha

You did an awesome job, thanks

Haha, I guess if I was a more patient person, I could have waited until that review came up. ....Unfortunately I'm not exactly good at 'just waiting'. :blum: Ah, it was a nice challenge anyway and majority of the build is there with a few odd exceptions of differently colored bricks and some bits of detail. This fix shouldn't take too long, "knock on wood". ^_^
  • Like 2

Just spent about two hours Bricklinking this set.  It was my first time, so I am sure I will get better at it :)

Seven orders and $40 later and my SDCC Batmobile Clone is on it's way.  Thanks again TOK!

Hmm, $40 to Bricklink the parts, $50 at the Comic-Con. Yeah, that sounds about right. :P

Great job, TOK! 

I'm just trying to check the parts on BrickLink, but already stumbled on my first hurdle: I don't see any 2x4 bright red/blue bricks listed as an official LEGO color. Is that referring to red/blue respectively? Also, have never heard of "medium stone grey", is that what we know as "light bluish grey" nowadays? I checked thru the whole list again and there are also other colors that I've never seen before in BrickLink. 

I apologize if I sound very noobish (first time trying to BL something!), but your help is appreciated. 

Cheers. 

• Like 1

Guest brickcrazyhouse

Just spent about two hours Bricklinking this set.  It was my first time, so I am sure I will get better at it :)

Seven orders and $40 later and my SDCC Batmobile Clone is on it's way.  Thanks again TOK!

just curious whats the name of the BL store that had the majority of your pieces?

just curious whats the name of the BL store that had the majority of your pieces?

I don't remember which one had the majority.  I will say that the BL feature that shows which stores have the most items listed on your wanted list helped out a lot.

Here are the stores I used, the totals are misleading as to which had the most parts since I ordered some extra stuff from some stores to reach the minimum (Minifigures, etc.). 

Bricks.of.Fury (1404)star4.png US $2.52                   Lego_Man_AFOL (86)star5.png US $10.23                   studmart (675)star3.png US $3.25                 azbricks (1589)star4.png US $8.18                   ADOPT_A_BRICK (2824)star6.png US $6.63                   Jokers74 (41)star1.png AU $9.02                   landmbrick (174)star2.png US $9.45                      

There were some that were very hard to find.  The 1x1 flat transparent red tiles (SNOT) were a little tough to find.  Also, I got the last 2x2 round that is used for the jet engine that was listed on BL when I checked.  

I will say that I could have found the items a lot quicker if I didn't look for stores without a minimum order.  There were a few places that had some of the harder to find parts, but I only needed $1.00 worth of stuff and the store minimum was $8.  I understand why some stores want a minimum order to pack and ship the items, I am not faulting them for that, it just made my search harder :)

• Like 1

Great job, TOK!

I'm just trying to check the parts on BrickLink, but already stumbled on my first hurdle: I don't see any 2x4 bright red/blue bricks listed as an official LEGO color. Is that referring to red/blue respectively? Also, have never heard of "medium stone grey", is that what we know as "light bluish grey" nowadays? I checked thru the whole list again and there are also other colors that I've never seen before in BrickLink.

I apologize if I sound very noobish (first time trying to BL something!), but your help is appreciated.

Cheers.

Lego's Digital Designer program calls certain colors by a different name which is certainly confusing. For example, medium stone gray is actually light bluish gray while bright orange is just regular orange. As you pointed out, bright red and bright blue are standard red and blue respectively. I have no idea why they added the 'bright' adjective. I believe this color palette on Brickipedia may help. Anyway, fatboycarney took the initiative to create a Bricklink XML file to add into your own Wanted List to make the process much easier for everyone. I'm just helping him to tweak a couple things until it is ready.
  • Like 2

Lego's Digital Designer program calls certain colors by a different name which is certainly confusing. For example, medium stone gray is actually light bluish gray while bright orange is just regular orange. I believe this color palette on Brickipedia may help. Anyway, fatboycarney took the initiative to create a Bricklink XML file to add into your own Wanted List to make the process much easier for everyone. I'm just helping him to tweak a couple things until it is ready.

That sounds great, thanks to all of you.

As a giganic Batman fan, it was quite disheartening to know that I would not be one of the lucky few (or scalpers) to purchase this set. However upon learning about bricklinking recently, I realized I could just wait until someone skillful enough to put it all together would be able to help everyone out.

Thusly, TOK you are the MAN! I decided to save all the instructions and put them together in a pdf form incase anyone wanted to have them easily accesible without jumping back and forth btwn images (or LDD).

http://www.filedropper.com/sdccbatmobile

Also, I managed to piece this together for the low low price of $17.26~! across 5 orders (without s&****) as I also already had the two mini-figs (even if they aren't show accurate :negative: )

I signed up simply to reply and give thanks to TOK for doing this and making this Batman fan supremely happy~!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

• Like 2