21002 - Empire State Building

Frahugo

This set is sold out on LEGO Shop at Home but it's still available on Amazon for $19.99.  I would like to buy a few before they are gone.  Since it was discounted and then sold out on LEGO Shop at Home that hints towards retirement.  This thread has been dead for almost 2 months, so what do you guys think?  I never really looked closely at these sets but ever since I bought a few on clearance I'm more interested in them.  I really think these could do well once they go eol and the AFOL's with $$$ start buying. 

It is marked as retired in Lego Shop Europe. Besides Amazon, B&****** still carries it as well (Amazon is limit 2)

I have seen encouraging signs with Architecture sets over the past few months. The values of Robie House, Rockefeller Center, Burj, and Guggenheim have gone up significantly in the last few months. Empire is a bit of a plain set and has been available for a LONG time but it's an iconic building and will have appeal long term.

• 2 weeks later...

This kit (as well as Space Needle) are currently hovering around $30 on AZ (80-100 sellers listing them), while ebay sold prices are like $23-28 (with one random $38). These are still at my local Targets at MSRP ($19.99). Curious where this will go.

This kit (as well as Space Needle) are currently hovering around $30 on AZ (80-100 sellers listing them), while ebay sold prices are like $23-28 (with one random $38). These are still at my local Targets at MSRP ($19.99). Curious where this will go.

I stare at my stack of $3-$6 ESB's and feel as if it would be a better investment to sell what I have left and turn the profits into Fallingwaters. Which happens first...ESB to $40 or FW to $200?

I expect these to rapidly appreciate to $50 once they can no longer be found. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...