Mixels 2015

TheOrcKing

So frustrating!

I stopped at one of my two targets to check on this yesterday and they only had a handful of series 3 left. I asked an associate if they had any more, and he scanned it to check inventory and then just said "it's unknown" I almost (and probably should have said) "so can you actually go look?"

Oh well...

"It's unknown"

What, do Target scanners now use Magic 8 Ball technology?

I found full boxes of the Series 4 Mixels at three Targets yesterday.  I picked up a set of the glowy ones - I should have grabbed a second set to make the combo Mixel, too.  I considered getting more for resale (QFLL and proud), however I think then I'd be dealing with the "I bought these, and my kids have already opened them and lost some pieces, however I just found them cheaper at the store, can I return them for a full refund?" nonsense.  I was surprised that they didn't seem to even be available on Amazon, yet, when I was price-checking.

I found a full set of series 4 at Target today too.

I know it's early yet, but what are people's thoughts on which individual mixels will do best?

Flain and Volectro seem to be the top ones for series 1. I like Flurr and Jawg from series 2 and Tentro seems he might be doing well too, though I dont care much for the oranges. For series 3 I like mesmo and, oddly enough, Glurt. All I see are tons of greens in stores around here, but it's always the other 2 and not Glurt.

And now that I have series 4 in hand, I definitely like the glowkies the best. The orbitons don't really do much for me. Meltus from the reds looks like a winner to me too. I also noticed the red package is a lighter shade than their series 1 brothers. Would have been nice if they kept them the same shade to make it clear they are the same tribe.

They've arrived in SoCal.  So they should be everywhere shortly.

Found a box at Target today.  Thought about picking some up, but didn't.  Went to Legoland this afternoon, and they were out.

Noticed on eBay that they're going for the same price as a set of Series 2 right now.  I resisted the urge to pick up a bunch.  I, too, think it's too late to try to QFLL these.

Mixels series 5&6 were spotted at London Toy Fair.  I want to know what they were smoking when coming up with these names :D :D :D

Series 5:
Gox, Junky, Kamzo: brown/gold
Krug, Chilbno, Snoof: Blue/trans blue,
Spogg, Turg, Tungster: yellow/red

Series 6:

Kram, Forx, Wuzzo: yellows
Dribbal, Gurggal, Slusho: greens
Snax, Berp, Vaka-Waka: purple/lavender

http://www.thebrickfan.com/london-toy-fair-2015-lego-set-report/

Edited by Darth_Raichu

Mixels series 5&6 were spotted at London Toy Fair.  I want to know what they were smoking when coming up with these names :D :D :D

Series 5:

Gox, Junky, Kamzo: brown/gold

Krug, Chilbno, Snoof: Blue/trans blue,

Spogg, Turg, Tungster: yellow/red

Series 6:

Kram, Forx, Wuzzo: yellows

Dribbal, Gurggal, Slusho: greens

Snax, Berp, Vaka-Waka: purple/lavender

http://www.thebrickfan.com/london-toy-fair-2015-lego-set-report/

I'm pretty sure they just have a 26-sided die they roll over and over. Combine that with veto power over too many consonants or vowels in a row and there's their Mixels naming process.

I cleared out my series 2 at around $84 shipped it will probably keep going up but slowly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

That's my thought.  I don't know that they will hit $120, like Series 1.  I do think they will go above $100, but it will take awhile.  Legoland California still has them on the shelves.  They just haven't moved very quickly.  

Hmmm. I will not buy any more at msrp. Will look for discounts on series 3 or skip.

I'm pretty much skipping Series 3.  We talked about it in a different thread yesterday, but there were a lot of Series 3 that were bought by the Meijer crowd at $1.50 or less.  It's going to be very easy for those folks to make the profit that I would want at much lower price point than I.

• Like 1

I agree, I don't think S2 will hit $100/set until next holiday with S1 maybe peaking around $140-150 at most.  Don't see them going much higher if at all. 

Way too many S3 bought at high discounts like AlpineMaps said so I see them peaking around $75.  I only have 3 sets of them and will probably be happy to move on from them at $60 per set.  

Series 4 are awesome.  The Glowkies are gonna be huge but everyone knows about Mixels now so from here on out, it's gonna be hard to see huge returns. 

S5...I'm gonna guess July/August? 

• Like 1