10223 - Kingdoms Joust

Ed Mack

This set is currently Out of Stock Ship September 15th. Haven't noticed it being out of stock. Also noticed its limit order of 2. Wish I had got in on a couple through Air Miles rewards in Canada but missed the boat.

Do we think these are signs of imminent EOL and what do people think about this set. I havent paid a lot of attention to the Kingdoms line.  

Order Limit 2 is a sign, I think.  But Target.com still has it in stock, and at MSRP.  I would say you have a little while yet.  I would also say it's not likely to deliver amazing investment results when bought at or near MSRP (based on performance of MMV to date, and that set was both more unique and a better deal on a price/piece basis than Joust).

Forgotten it was me who started this thread.

I never did get around to getting any of this set. But I am glad it turned out that way.

For investment purposes I think this will be a failure, unless you can find it at a discount. In the UK at least I have never seen it. Its rarely available on ebay and when it is the price is usually around

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I will definitively get some ;-)

Of course Arkham will be a winner and there are many more who will be winners but I think this one will be among them winner sets!

Since I like diversity when it comes to investing I'd rather buy me a nice mix and not only go for Batman.

After all only time will tell how much they will grow but that's as true for joust as it is for arkham. Why not buy another Death Star or SSD (Super Star Destroyer) or R2D2 or VW Van... if you can get lots of all of them, if you can't I still think that it's safer to invest in different sets as you cannot predict the future.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not 100% sure but I think that this one was under the 'Kingdoms' section in the 'Themes' menu.

Yes, it was the only remaining set of the theme. The theme has vanished a little after the tango performed by the Monster fighters theme.

This is a nice set for a personal collection but I don't think it is going to do much on the aftermarket. I'm expecting it to behave like 7189 and 10193.

It's sad, because the theme is cool, but I do agree with you. :(

Edited by biniou

It really makes me wonder why those didn't perform that well.

It's even weirder when you consider the 7189, which includes some rare animals (goats, chickens, a pig, etc.)

And the 10193 is so cute, i can't believe this 2009 set doesn't perform better : + $50 in a year and then... the value does not increase anymore...

I don't see any reason why the kingdom joust would be better appreciated than these sets when it'll be retired.

Edited by biniou

It's even weirder when you consider the 7189, which includes some rare animals (goats, chickens, a pig, etc.)

And the 10193 is so cute, i can't believe this 2009 set doesn't perform better : + $50 in a year and then... the value does not increase anymore...

I don't see any reason why the kingdom joust would be better appreciated than these sets when it'll be retired.

It's a nice looking set but way overpriced. 10193 was

I'm thinking at some point this set gets the ol' UCS B-Wing treatment and is given a sizeable discount to move inventory. I have to believe they are having trouble moving this set at MSRP. ($149 in CAN!)

It's possible. My local store reduced the BWing from 150 to 118 to shift their remaining stock [its worth approx 200 now] but it remained on sale at LEGO Shop at Home for another 4 months or so.

Also I don't think this set will see B-Wing growth. But as part of a diversified portfolio it may be worth getting a couple...

Personally, I would not recommend anyone investing in castle or kingdoms. Too generic and too repetitive most of the time. Some people may have luck selling when they bought cheap, but around the $100 mark there are much better investment sets available, also exclusive

probably not the current castle series but the previous kingdoms sets did very well.

Guest TabbyBoy

Soooooo many better options with investment capital. A glorious set for the personal collection- a long-shot for significant ROI.

I agree so I've passed on this even though it's a good set for a collection.