Selling CMF - sealed or open?

stackables

5 minutes ago, arslock said:

Is a sealed CMF bag is worth more than an open figure?

I'm just wondering if they are worth more or more desirable still in the bags. A lot of sellers I've noticed will keep them sealed (mostly) but might snip a corner to verify the figure, and I've seen others open them and assemble for photos. I have not noticed much of a price difference, but was wondering what you guys thought.

Please refer to this thread.

• Like 1

A new/sealed bag certainly has a higher price potential, but there are obstacles that will limit the chances for the typical seller to achieve that higher price.

Unless you are an experienced seller with an excellent track record, squeezing out that little extra isn't that easy, and it is likely not worth the trouble (for what amounts to a limited price premium).

Edited by KShine
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, KShine said:

A new/sealed bag certainly has a higher price potential, but there are obstacles that will limit the chances for the typical seller to achieve that higher price.

Unless you are an experienced seller with an excellent track record, squeezing out that little extra isn't that easy, and it is likely not worth the trouble (for what amounts to a limited price premium).

what kind of price difference have you noticed? if a fig is $5 open, how much more sealed?

it seems to really only make a significant difference, keeping it sealed price-wise, as it gets closer to the holiday season where they are being picked up for gifts and stocking stuffers, the rest of the year it's to collectors & players who just want the specific fig for display/play & don't really care about the investment value.

• Like 3

If you have these early in the themes life cycle, I find that sometimes people will jump the lowest priced sellers to buy them new in the pack.  Not always, but during the series 14 wave, I was about 20.00 over others at the time, and I had numerous sales.  I know of some others that sold them the same way and made more money that way.  I always keep mine sealed.. I've had buyers give good feedback when they receive a complete set and it's as described.  Some like to open them theirselves, or give them in a stocking.  As the years wear on though, it's tough to find complete sets still sealed.