USPS: Delivery Status Not Updated

Tilted

So, I sold a set and it was supposed to be delivered on the 15th but I'm getting this "Status Not Updated" message.

Do I have any reason to be worried?

I appreciate any input, as I'm not terribly familiar with USPS's standard of service.

which service did you use? priority?  Express?

In general USPS is pretty bad with updating their system real time.

Yes.

If you have an astute buyer they can claim the item was not delivered. When this happens I let them know I will provide a full refund and open an insurance investigation with the post office, and to not be surprised if they are contacted by investigators. Amazingly most items show up the next day even though the status doesn't change.

Yes.

If you have an astute buyer they can claim the item was not delivered. When this happens I let them know I will provide a full refund and open an insurance investigation with the post office, and to not be surprised if they are contacted by investigators. Amazingly most items show up the next day even though the status doesn't change.

The guy seems pretty legit, so I'm hoping that's not the case.

I'm going to wait a couple more days and, if nothing changes, contact the local Post Office.

Thanks! 

priority mail is never reliable internationally.  Next time factor in the use of USPS express mail and save yourself the headache.

40/40 int'l packages delivered successfully. 69/70 int'l packages delivered successfully, including first class service (thank the guy who never picked up his package, lol). I would not call that "never" reliable.

Express can quickly kill the feasibility of a sale.

priority mail is never reliable internationally.  Next time factor in the use of USPS express mail and save yourself the headache.

I've shipped many, many items internationally that I've sold on Bricklink, mostly minifigures and polybags.  I've never had an issue and I've received positive feedbacks stating that the items arrived quickly.  I would say that it's very reliable.

I've shipped many, many items internationally that I've sold on Bricklink, mostly minifigures and polybags.  I've never had an issue and I've received positive feedbacks stating that the items arrived quickly.  I would say that it's very reliable.

I think the poster meant reliable as in scanned tracking, shipping time, etc.

• Like 1

40/40 int'l packages delivered successfully. 69/70 int'l packages delivered successfully, including first class service (thank the guy who never picked up his package, lol). I would not call that "never" reliable.

Express can quickly kill the feasibility of a sale.

correction...I should say tracking is not available internationally except with express.  To me, reliability is being able to track even if it's delayed tracking.  I tend to sell exclusive sets internationally, so I don't want to mess around with shipping.

correction...I should say tracking is not available internationally except with express.  To me, reliability is being able to track even if it's delayed tracking.  I tend to sell exclusive sets internationally, so I don't want to mess around with shipping.

Ah, I misunderstood. In my experience, tracking with Priority was solid...the whole two times I checked it. First class was hit or miss...I really should go through my tracking numbers and check them all.

Yeah and if you're basically only selling large exclusives internationally, the price difference between priority and express isn't that much.

So recently I had to add extra shipping on to one of my sales and as a result usps had to change my tracking number. I get the same message via eBay so what that tells me is most likely your tracking number changed so you need to verify your tracking directly through USPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker