Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

Well now we finally know what it will take for Amazon to turn against customers...

http://fortune.com/2017/10/02/amazon-scam-couple-million/

A couple from Muncie, Ind. swindled Amazon out of more than $1.2 million in electronics.

Erin Finan, 38, and Leah Finan, 37, used a classic scam—buying items and then reporting them missing or damaged. That's how they scored the GoPro digital cameras, Microsoft Xboxes, Samsung smartwatches, and Microsoft Surface tablets that they sold to accomplice Danijel Glumac, 28, who then sold the merchandise to an unnamed “New York entity,” according to authorities. 

For Amazon, it’s often cheaper to replace items when these claims are filed than to investigate. But after using hundreds of fake online identities to grift the online retail giant, the husband and wife team face up to 20 years behind bars for fraud and money laundering.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DadsAFOL said:

For Amazon, it’s often cheaper to replace items when these claims are filed than to investigate. But after using hundreds of fake online identities to grift the online retail giant, the husband and wife team face up to 20 years behind bars for fraud and money laundering.

QONVIyz.gif

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, brickolodon said:

my account blocked unless FBA today...customer support not helpful at all...they say -  listing is marked as Blocked unless FBA due to performance metrics. I have zero performance issues and sold $1000+ last 30 days.

Did you have the requirements for Holiday Selling in Toys & Games on Amazon ?

Well, I can say the undercutting and increased competition has started earlier and is MUCH more noticeable than last year. And some of it is really random, people undercutting the other folks not by pennies, but by $10-$15 dollars. 

What I don't understand is why send in 20 and up copies of anything above 100 dollars. Does one get the buy box by sending that many in? Seems like that would trigger undercutters trying to get rid of their stock as apposed to waiting. Am I missing something here?

something seems messed up with the amazon listing of 21108 ecto 1.  

it doesn't turn up when you  try searching on amazon using search terms like:

lego ghostbusters

lego ideas

lego ecto

lego 21108 - here it shows up half way down the screen under a sponsored ad...

i can see the listing from my fba panel which is like the only way i can get to the listing - its there and everything at the address below but wondering if this complete absence on searching is making an overhoarded set even more of a turd.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JRCB3HQ

Edited by cladner