Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

20 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Is it wrong that my burning question for her is "did she enable the 2 factor authentication for her Amazon accounts" ?

??? that has nothing to do with counterfeits of her product. I believe she never legally forced amazon to close counterfeit listings(which can be done with an email from your lawyer- that contents all the trademarks and patents) or maybe she doesn't have all the patents and trademarks in place. After reading this article i believe that its her fault for not taking appropriate action vs counterfeits.  

3 minutes ago, nick625 said:

??? that has nothing to do with counterfeits of her product. I believe she never legally forced amazon to close counterfeit listings(which can be done with an email from your lawyer- that contents all the trademarks and patents) or maybe she doesn't have all the patents and trademarks in place. After reading this article i believe that its her fault for not taking appropriate action vs counterfeits.  

True, but she also claimed her account was hacked:

It didn't work. She was still able to access her account and see that prices on her products were being altered. And she had suddenly been cleared to sell Nike and Apple products (screenshot below), even though she'd never asked for that permission and only ever sold her own brand.

I think its no surprise that most people aren't good with technology, business, or product creation. Most people possess some competency with a portion of the three. Unfortunately in order to run a high functioning e-commerce business you need to be VERY good with all three.

In some capacity she didn't understand how to protect herself legally. Didn't obtain the necessary resources to do it. When she finally did, the damage was already done and she wasn't patient enough and didn't want to/know how to work to get it cleaned up. A similar story was aired on NPR a while back where a family business shut down because they didn't like people drop shipping there items on ebay. They combated the drop shipping by emailing the drop sellers, calling them, and stalking them. 

If she was bringing in 500,000$ in revenue take 100,000$ and protect your brand. Enjoy the sweet sailing after that in your suburban mansion. Spending that money hurts at first but it hurts more to lose your position in one of the biggest/easiest marketplaces to sell on. She now has to spend a ton of extra effort doing a lot of what Amazon does for you, herself. (Which will cost much more then 100k).

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:
Edited by landphieran
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, nick625 said:

i call bs on this(account was hacked), i personally know how difficult is to get ungated to sell Nike. Her story does not add up to me. 

I'm not sure what the time frame was on the facts in the article.  I sold a small amount of Nike in 2015/2016 before the massive restrictions started around August 2016.  I believe I was grandfathered for a while at first, then restricted, then got instant approval based on selling performance. If I review my selling applications page, the approval is gone now, but I can still sell most Nike as far as I can tell (haven't sold any since October though.)  Blue Diamond almonds is still the only restriction I haven't been able to get past once they restricted it.

Woke up with this message from an amazon cust. Translates to jibberish.:mda:Fortunately he has not bought anything from me, wish I could block him. That's one thing I love about ebay, I get any dumb inquiries I just block them. Anyone dealt with something like this? Scammer or just spam?

Inquiry from Amazon customer Glenn W***

请转主管

跨境电商品牌化运营对各个平台都非常重要,注册商标可以保护自己的产品不被侵权和链接不被跟卖。

美国商标注册(核名+准备资料+后续问题处理),通过率高。只需¥2588元

美国商标提交申请后马上可以获得受理号Serial Number和受理书,3个工作日左右可以在美国商标局官网查询。

联系QQ: 9376902 或 

------------- End message -------------

For Your Information: To help arbitrate disputes and preserve trust and safety, we retain all messages buyers and sellers send through Amazon.com for two years.  This includes your response to the message above.  Amazon.com uses filtering technology to protect buyers and sellers from possible fraud.  Messages that fail this filtering will not be transmitted.

Edited by marcandre

25 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Woke up with this message from an amazon cust. Translates to jibberish.:mda:Fortunately he has not bought anything from me, wish I could block him. That's one thing I love about ebay, I get any dumb inquiries I just block them. Anyone dealt with something like this? Scammer or just spam?

Inquiry from Amazon customer Glenn W***

请转主管

跨境电商品牌化运营对各个平台都非常重要,注册商标可以保护自己的产品不被侵权和链接不被跟卖。

美国商标注册(核名+准备资料+后续问题处理),通过率高。只需¥2588元

美国商标提交申请后马上可以获得受理号Serial Number和受理书,3个工作日左右可以在美国商标局官网查询。

联系QQ: 9376902 或 

------------- End message -------------

For Your Information: To help arbitrate disputes and preserve trust and safety, we retain all messages buyers and sellers send through Amazon.com for two years.  This includes your response to the message above.  Amazon.com uses filtering technology to protect buyers and sellers from possible fraud.  Messages that fail this filtering will not be transmitted.

That's interesting......the message I received this morning was from Godfery Y**** with the EXACT same message (numbers and all). I reported it as suspicious, marked "no response needed" and moved on.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Bezos looks like he is going to collect his next scalp - Toys R US

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-08/toys-r-us-said-to-be-prepping-liquidation-of-u-s-operations

I will miss the stores both my kids had a blast but when you fail to adapt you die, no way around that (TLG I hope you are listening, but of course you are not).

Still I am amazed everyday how the internet at scale is changing our lives. Costco and Instacart free 1 hr delivery for orders over $35 for just $149 per year (and that includes all of our local grocery stores too). Never having to set foot inside Costco, Fred Meyer, Whole Foods ever again is beautiful. Having others pick my unlimited grocery orders and deliver them to my front door for $2.87 per week is amazing, and all spurred by Bezos. 

Just need a self driving car to go ubering on its own to pay for itself now. 

In 10 years our current lifestyle will be barely recognizable (Amazon healthcare, Amazon banking, Amazon housing communities, Amazon airlines). Enjoy the ride and profit potential.

14 hours ago, asharerin said:

Bezos looks like he is going to collect his next scalp - Toys R US

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-08/toys-r-us-said-to-be-prepping-liquidation-of-u-s-operations

I will miss the stores both my kids had a blast but when you fail to adapt you die, no way around that (TLG I hope you are listening, but of course you are not).

Still I am amazed everyday how the internet at scale is changing our lives. Costco and Instacart free 1 hr delivery for orders over $35 for just $149 per year (and that includes all of our local grocery stores too). Never having to set foot inside Costco, Fred Meyer, Whole Foods ever again is beautiful. Having others pick my unlimited grocery orders and deliver them to my front door for $2.87 per week is amazing, and all spurred by Bezos. 

Just need a self driving car to go ubering on its own to pay for itself now. 

In 10 years our current lifestyle will be barely recognizable (Amazon healthcare, Amazon banking, Amazon housing communities, Amazon airlines). Enjoy the ride and profit potential.

At some point though, people will want to see what they are buying.  

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I have a customer claiming that they did not receive an order from February 2017. Of course the tracking for that shipment no longer exists. I believe the time limit for A-Z claim and feedback is 90 days so am I ok here? Anyone have a similar situation?  

8 minutes ago, jbacunn said:

I have a customer claiming that they did not receive an order from February 2017. Of course the tracking for that shipment no longer exists. I believe the time limit for A-Z claim and feedback is 90 days so am I ok here? Anyone have a similar situation?  

An overzealous cs rep can force open an A-Z claim but you should be able to easily win it . I would politely reply that the window for returning or tracking the order has passed and there isn’t much that you can do about it . Any subsequent messages should be marked as no reply needed . 

• Like 2

Random reply to this thread but hoping somebody might have some advice: Amazon tells me I had a seller account that was closed and I can reopen it, but I try to login and it just catches me in a loop. I’ve tried requesting information through their contact us form but nobody ever gets in touch. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

3 minutes ago, calmdahn said:

Random reply to this thread but hoping somebody might have some advice: Amazon tells me I had a seller account that was closed and I can reopen it, but I try to login and it just catches me in a loop. I’ve tried requesting information through their contact us form but nobody ever gets in touch. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

AFAIK if an account was closed it can’t be reopened .