Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

10 hours ago, exciter1 said:

It definitely saves if you do some volume and sell more than 40 items a month, since it saves you the $0.99 listing fee per item that you are charged with a non-Professional Account.  There are some seller interface advantages and dashboards that can come in handy.  I don't think it took much time at all to sign-up and be approved.  It's easy to revert back by clicking on a button in your account settings and answering a couple questions.

"$0.99 listing fee per item that you are charged with a non-Professional Account. "

FBA or FBM also?

I wish they would just do the same thing for every state and call it a day . 
They will eventually. It is all dependent on the states passing laws that would necessitate it. After we get through one or two more legislative cycles after the supreme court ruling, I suspect that most states will adopt laws requiring it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

2 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I wonder if it is someone's FBA inventory . That would make more sense IMHO.

Definitely the case of Amazon buying FBA inventory and selling as their own. Oops.

Edit: Oh. It had the real box. Just the contents INSIDE the box were bogus bricks.

Edit: Right, automod, bogus bricks. I mean bogus bricks. Bogus bricks.

Edited by minicoopers11

55 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

Definitely the case of Amazon buying FBA inventory and selling as their own. Oops.

Edit: Oh. It had the real box. Just the contents INSIDE the box were bogus bricks.

Edit: Right, automod, bogus bricks. I mean bogus bricks. Bogus bricks.

It's probably just a case of commingling and is the type of thing that is going to lead to more stringent restrictions on FBA.  Because Amazon works off of barcodes and ASIN barcodes, some d-bag probably printed out an ASIN for Slave I, slapped it on a bogus bricks box, and then sent it in as Slave I.  As long as the DC or FC didn't catch it as a knock-off, the seller got credit for a Slave I.

Same here.... but as long as they recieved it. item is available and i sold some already.

7 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Anyone else have shipments completely and correctly received but they stay in receiving status instead of close. My last few shipments have all been like that for whatever reason. 

• Thanks 1

It's probably just a case of commingling and is the type of thing that is going to lead to more stringent restrictions on FBA.  Because Amazon works off of barcodes and ASIN barcodes, some d-bag probably printed out an ASIN for Slave I, slapped it on a bogus bricks box, and then sent it in as Slave I.  As long as the DC or FC didn't catch it as a knock-off, the seller got credit for a Slave I.
Either that or the seller fell victim to that Reddit douchebag who was doing bogus bricks substitutions and returning stuff to stores....

7 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Anyone else have shipments completely and correctly received but they stay in receiving status instead of close. My last few shipments have all been like that for whatever reason. 

Yep, up to 17 like that now. Not to mention the ones that were received incorrectly...

1 minute ago, LegoBro said:

So thoughts on what the next course of action is if our paperwork is rejected? Simply remove the listings and never sell those ASINs again or is this going to open a can of worms on our other ASINs?

I fear it is going to open another can of worms. I actually chatted with Lego CS and copied and pasted exactly what was needed from Amazon. They directed me to the Sr. Operations Manager of safety and he flat out told me they will only give the form that is listed online and not the rest of it. He said they don't share that information with the general public. I had to contact Hasbro for multiple ASINs as well and they sent me about 30 pages on each one. I think this will suffice for those ASINs. I also didn't like the wording of the Amazon replies where they referred to these as applications. I think they might hard gate us out of toys, legos or selling if we are not able to come up with these. My only hope is that the teams processing these have no idea what they are even looking at and will just approve everything when they get around to looking at it. I hope it works out for all of us. 

59 minutes ago, smittypop2 said:

I fear it is going to open another can of worms. I actually chatted with Lego CS and copied and pasted exactly what was needed from Amazon. They directed me to the Sr. Operations Manager of safety and he flat out told me they will only give the form that is listed online and not the rest of it. He said they don't share that information with the general public. I had to contact Hasbro for multiple ASINs as well and they sent me about 30 pages on each one. I think this will suffice for those ASINs. I also didn't like the wording of the Amazon replies where they referred to these as applications. I think they might hard gate us out of toys, legos or selling if we are not able to come up with these. My only hope is that the teams processing these have no idea what they are even looking at and will just approve everything when they get around to looking at it. I hope it works out for all of us. 

Get your Ebay store ready guys...

6 hours ago, Emvisawthatswho said:

Received same email. Hoping, fingers crossed, that they will see those of us who responded with proper documents and approve quickly. Hoping they are trying to weed out businesses / sellers that are either too lazy or illegitimate (ie China sellers).

Anyone with an individual account receive the email to provide safety certs yet? We have nothing on our individual account that sells Lego. Curious if being an individual seller means able to fly under the radar? We just have discontinued sets listed. Anyone receive a request on out of print sets or is it just current?

5 hours ago, brickology101 said:

Get your Ebay store ready guys...

Great advice. Diversification and adaptation are the only ways to escape becoming a dinosaur these days.