Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

20 hours ago, exciter1 said:

I've opened cases and received reimbursement for these pracitices before.

I had a $300 set returned and sent back to me like that.  I tried opening tickets and escalating them, but no luck this time.  I have previously been reimbursed for this type of thing before.  Stinks that it is a set we've already built.  I guess i'll have to open it and inspect it and sell as "collectible-like new."   This is the best line from my ticket response from seller support:  "I can see that there is no covering or any other protecting thin outer covering for the product, so we stick the shipping label on the product box and sent it to you."

I had a $300 set returned and sent back to me like that.  I tried opening tickets and escalating them, but no luck this time.  I have previously been reimbursed for this type of thing before.  Stinks that it is a set we've already built.  I guess i'll have to open it and inspect it and sell as "collectible-like new."   This is the best line from my ticket response from seller support:  "I can see that there is no covering or any other protecting thin outer covering for the product, so we stick the shipping label on the product box and sent it to you."

What the heck on that response.

Just now, Ed Mack said:

A quick question (for a friend) for all of you Amazon professionals...

Can a "new" reseller list and sell LEGO sets on Amazon?  

You can, but you have to make it past the brand gate first, which requires providing copies of invoices from Lego or an authorized distributor.  

3 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

So if you have receipts from LEGO or Target for example, you can resell them.

No.  Amazon doesn't accept retail receipts for brand ungating...you have to have a wholesale invoice from Lego or an authorized distributor (there aren't of those so you basically have to have it from Lego).  Also, there are certain undisclosed standards that Amazon uses when reviewing those types of applications...like you probably wouldn't get authorized if you sent one invoice that showed the purchase of one copy of one set.

2 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

I made it past the brand gate and hit the CPC gate in May 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

How did you get past the brand gate?  And what did they request for the CPC gate...was it for a specific ASIN or would any Lego set do?

9 minutes ago, redcell said:

No.  Amazon doesn't accept retail receipts for brand ungating...you have to have a wholesale invoice from Lego or an authorized distributor (there aren't of those so you basically have to have it from Lego).  Also, there are certain undisclosed standards that Amazon uses when reviewing those types of applications...like you probably wouldn't get authorized if you sent one invoice that showed the purchase of one copy of one set.

How did you get past the brand gate?  And what did they request for the CPC gate...was it for a specific ASIN or would any Lego set do?

Brand gate was simple, non-toy LEGO product from a valid wholeseller, with invoices. Toy approval was a whole separate animal. It was the exact same one y'all ran into in October requesting CPCs with actual testing reports, only I had the misfortune of hitting it as a complete noob in May. 8 different applications, all unsuccessful. Fleabay for life for me. 

1199106286_ScreenShot2019-01-07at3_41_53PM.png.fe39b69cc79bd109de56aa841b3277a0.png

Hi guys,

One of the product page (Palace Cinema) have been deactivated on the .ca page and this is Amazon's seller support response...

" your products may not respect the intellectual property rights of others. We see that the product sold by the you currently has invalid Brand Name.

Please update the complete/correct Brand name. You are listing "LEGO" licensed products with an unlicensed brand. "LEGO" products can only be listed by licensed brands. Please know that you may be subject to additional approvals depending on the brand name. "

Can someone translate this to normal English as to what exactly do they want on the brand name?

I have tried Creator Expert as Brand Name and LEGO as manufacturer and that did not do the trick. So I am not exactly sure what they are asking for as the Creator Expert line is not a licensed product.

Thanks!

Edited by tacsniper

15 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

Brand gate was simple, non-toy LEGO product from a valid wholeseller, with invoices. Toy approval was a whole separate animal. It was the exact same one y'all ran into in October requesting CPCs with actual testing reports, only I had the misfortune of hitting it as a complete noob in May. 8 different applications, all unsuccessful. Fleabay for life for me. 

1199106286_ScreenShot2019-01-07at3_41_53PM.png.fe39b69cc79bd109de56aa841b3277a0.png

I wouldn't give up. Find a product that meets the 13+ and not CPC. It's been working for some. 

• Like 2

I just can't believe the pricing difference between what you can sell an item for on Amazon and what you can sell for on eBay.  Seems like you can get a pretty consistent 20-30% more on Amazon. 
I can live with that...as I always have damaged or opened boxes I'd rather sell there...The biggest downer to me is the velocity at which something sells. Some stuff takes days if not weeks to move. Just not enough traffic.

Just now, DadsAFOL said:

ROTFL... I know Lego reselling is gold, but come on!

3eb64f8d918a9ee02ec25463e39eb5d3.jpg

I received the same warning for different ASINs:
B00WHZ2M3Y (60095)

B00WHZFPQU (60091)

B00WI3HEBU (75904)

The listings themselves/product pages are no longer accessible on Amazon.com. While it's clear this is some sort of mistake to us, do note the severity of ignoring the warning (which is somewhat buried in the long email):

**Action Required: Within 48 hours of this warning, please review your listings and close, delete, or archive any listings that do not comply with our policies.

and

Failure to comply may result in the removal of your selling privileges.

I imagine a whole bunch of us are receiving these warnings. Just don't ignore them.

1 minute ago, Bold-Arrow said:

i got the same crappy email regarding Mystery Mansion . time to crack upon the seals and mine for gold 

Same here regarding Mystery Mansion 75904. I assume this is happening because some a-hole is screwing with everyone else to get a competitive advantage.

The question is how to proceed. Are we all supposed to open a case in seller support.  It's obviously not bullion, but their initial response may require submitting invoice and certifications from Lego. Anyone try?

I had a variation of this type of issue in November where Amazon pulled the listing for TRU Geoffery Poly-bags. In that case, I did not get a notice at all, but they said there was a question about authenticity and they asked me to send an invoice. They deleted the catalog item and nobody could really submit a distributor invoice for a TRU exclusive, so that listing just evaporated. Super annoying to have to recall from FBA because someone is playing games.

So the listing for 75904 Mystery Mansion that Amazon itself was selling on has been deleted. But the foreign-created listing for 75904 Mystery Mansion is alive and well: https://www.amazon.com/Scooby-Doo-75904-Mystery-Mansion-parallel/dp/B01KBSIZSY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1547145726&sr=8-1&keywords=Mystery+Mansion+75904

Okay, Amazon.