Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

I got the same email today for the following items:

ASIN: B00WHZ2M3Y, SKU: RI-CJ6J-F2IO, Title: "LEGO City Deep Sea Explorers 60095 Exploration Vessel Building Kit"
ASIN: B00WHZFPQU, SKU: JF-LTXT-N3VE, Title: "LEGO, City, Deep Sea Starter Set (60091)"
ASIN: B00WI3HEBU, SKU: 4QA-W1B-***, Title: "LEGO Scooby-Doo 75904 Mystery Mansion Building Kit"
ASIN: B00WI3HEBU, SKU: EUC-LLP-ZUF, Title: "LEGO Scooby-Doo 75904 Mystery Mansion Building Kit"

Go home Amazon, you’re drunk. 

11 hours ago, chrisynd said:

I received the same warning for different ASINs:
B00WHZ2M3Y (60095)

B00WHZFPQU (60091)

B00WI3HEBU (75904)

The listings themselves/product pages are no longer accessible on Amazon.com. While it's clear this is some sort of mistake to us, do note the severity of ignoring the warning (which is somewhat buried in the long email):

and

I imagine a whole bunch of us are receiving these warnings. Just don't ignore them.

i also wonder if someone gets multiple warnings on the same violation does that become grounds for suspension

does this mean that from now on nobody can sell lego if there is fake money in the set

using this logic all monopoly game sales on amazon should be banned

Interesting: Amazon claims I sent in 4 of an item, where I am 100% sure I only sent in 3. They even sold a 4th one on my account. I challenged their assessment and just received the message that they concluded their investigation and confirmed their initial assessment.

I'm not complaining (I got money for the sale of an item I never had) but is this common?

Just now, Phil B said:

Interesting: Amazon claims I sent in 4 of an item, where I am 100% sure I only sent in 3. They even sold a 4th one on my account. I challenged their assessment and just received the message that they concluded their investigation and confirmed their initial assessment.

I'm not complaining (I got money for the sale of an item I never had) but is this common?

it happens every now and then . most of the time they realize their mistake down the road and take the money back. 

• Like 1

I'd say it's pretty common for the +1 and -1s.  I focus on the negative discrepancies and keep better tabs of receipts.  Thinking of taking picture of each box I send to amazon as another way to provide verification. The thought of them losing another 40+ item concerns me.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Phil B said:

Last year I sent in 10 Rey & BB-8 Black Series Figures. They logged in 18 and sold all 18 and I received the money for all 18. I contacted them and had the same results Phil.....I guess that helped make up for a handful of items of mine that they lost in the past. Although I do feel bad for the other seller who ended up losing 8 of his Rey's......

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Brickbuilder.g said:

Re: the sticky on those set numbers with ‘toy’ in title. Are these still jacked up? I’ve got a couple I want to send in ....On amazon seller account app when I search I don’t see a restriction...but if I send in I will be ok you think?

cladner said he never stopped sending stuff in and it sold just fine

35 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

cladner said he never stopped sending stuff in and it sold just fine

yep.   situation normal.

i recalled/resent in and am still selling multiple asin i was flagged on without any problem.  now if the stock market spooked 1%er grandma would just  buy my overpriced crap everything would be beautiful.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 3

I had a buyer complain that a brand new item sold was used.  The buyer did not return the item or leave feedback.

The item in question was the Star Wars Black Series Gamorrean Guard, I got a case of 4 from Target(case was opened in front of me when I bought them, so there was not a returned item in there etc....).

From Amazon:

Your plan does not sufficiently address the complaints we received about your listings.

To be sufficient, your plan must include:

-- Greater detail on the root cause(s) that led to the complaints about the condition of your items.

-- Greater detail on the actions you have taken to resolve the complaints about the condition of your items.

-- Greater detail on the steps you have taken to prevent future complaints about the condition of your items. Here are a few things to consider as you create your plan:

--Sourcing: Are you sourcing the product from a trusted supplier?

--Listing: Is the product accurately described on Amazon? Have you ensured that there is no ambiguity and the customer is well informed? -

-Packaging: Is the product in its original packaging as listed on Amazon?

-- Shipping: Have you taken all appropriate steps and quality checks to ensure that the product is stored, packed, and shipped appropriately?

--Review your communications from buyers to better understand the issues. --Be as specific as possible in your plan.

--Do not limit your plan to issues with specific orders.

2) Copies of invoices or receipts from your supplier issued in the last 365 days for the ASINs listed below --These documents should reflect your sales volume during the last 365 days. --Please include contact information for your supplier, including name, phone number, address, and website. We may contact your supplier to verify the documents. We will maintain the confidentiality of your supplier contact information. --You may remove pricing information, but the rest of the document must be visible. For ease of our review, you may highlight or circle the ASIN(s) under review.

I have been very lucky and and never had a complaint about the items I sell, if I ignore the issue(as I am out of these items and do not plan on stocking them again),my account will be deactivated. My account health is in perfect condition without any defects.

Any suggestions on what I should write in my plan?

Guest TabbyBoy
14 minutes ago, teamhappyfrog said:

Any suggestions on what I should write in my plan?

"Shove it up your arse and return all my stock" would be my response TBH.

I had a huge slanging match with Amazon about 7 years ago and don't regret it one bit. Their huge overheads, storage fees and anal rules are just beyond ridiculous. eBay are by far the easier to deal with of the two IMHO. However, I now sell via my own "network".

Edited by TabbyBoy

13 minutes ago, teamhappyfrog said:

I had a buyer complain that a brand new item sold was used.  The buyer did not return the item or leave feedback.

The item in question was the Star Wars Black Series Gamorrean Guard, I got a case of 4 from Target(case was opened in front of me when I bought them, so there was not a returned item in there etc....).

From Amazon:

Your plan does not sufficiently address the complaints we received about your listings.

-- Greater detail on the root cause(s) that led to the complaints about the condition of your items.

-- Greater detail on the actions you have taken to resolve the complaints about the condition of your items.

-- Greater detail on the steps you have taken to prevent future complaints about the condition of your items. Here are a few things to consider as you create your plan:

--Listing: Is the product accurately described on Amazon? Have you ensured that there is no ambiguity and the customer is well informed? -

-- Shipping: Have you taken all appropriate steps and quality checks to ensure that the product is stored, packed, and shipped appropriately?

--Review your communications from buyers to better understand the issues. --Be as specific as possible in your plan.

2) Copies of invoices or receipts from your supplier issued in the last 365 days for the ASINs listed below --These documents should reflect your sales volume during the last 365 days. --Please include contact information for your supplier, including name, phone number, address, and website. We may contact your supplier to verify the documents. We will maintain the confidentiality of your supplier contact information. --You may remove pricing information, but the rest of the document must be visible. For ease of our review, you may highlight or circle the ASIN(s) under review.

I have been very lucky and and never had a complaint about the items I sell, if I ignore the issue(as I am out of these items and do not plan on stocking them again),my account will be deactivated. My account health is in perfect condition without any defects.

Something like this

We will only source from manufacturers and licensed distributors going forward

We will use better packaging material for collectible and high value items ( bubble wraps , double boxing , etc ..) 

We will not sell said item ever again and we have deleted and closed the listing .

• Like 2

@LegoBro- my account is fine and I am still selling items, it was further in the email where it said no response would deactivate my account, I just received the notification today.

@Bold-arrow - Thanks for the suggestions.  I was perturbed and wanted to write something scathing about the buyer being angry for paying over retail for the item.  I sold all 4 in 7 days to 4 different people.

"Shove it up your arse and return all my stock" would be my response TBH.
I had a huge slanging match with Amazon about 7 years ago and don't regret it one bit. Their huge overheads, storage fees and anal rules are just beyond ridiculous. eBay are by far the easier to deal with of the two IMHO. However, I now sell via my own "network".
You know, this does not surprise me one bit.

BTW...for the OP...if you want to keep selling on Amazon, I'd ignore this advice.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

From Amazon:
What did you say in your first Plan?

• Like 2

I had someone return a set claiming it was "used." Basically responded to Amazon saying I no longer carry that SKU. They deactivated the item listing. That was it
You have to be careful in this situation if you're committed to Amazon for the long haul. We don't know what they track and review behind the scenes when it comes to product quality. By simply closing the listing down and not appealing, you will have a quality issue on your record that you did not substantively address. Although I have no inside info on this, I find it highly probable that this could count against you down the road.

I got my first one of these recently and hired one of the consultants to write my appeal for me even though I had sold out of the item. I definitely could not have come up with what they ended up writing for me on my own. It was pricey and the work product I got from them will help me do my own in the future.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, legolegolego2014 said:

I had someone return a set claiming it was "used." Basically responded to Amazon saying I no longer carry that SKU. They deactivated the item listing. That was it

if you get so many of those within a certain period of time ( usually 6 months ) , they will shut you down regardless of whether or not you delete your listings. 

You can now check under performance , account health, then clicking in the tabs with a warning sign for further details .