Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

15 minutes ago, redcell said:

You have to be careful in this situation if you're committed to Amazon for the long haul. We don't know what they track and review behind the scenes when it comes to product quality. By simply closing the listing down and not appealing, you will have a quality issue on your record that you did not substantively address. Although I have no inside info on this, I find it highly probable that this could count against you down the road.

I got my first one of these recently and hired one of the consultants to write my appeal for me even though I had sold out of the item. I definitely could not have come up with what they ended up writing for me on my own. It was pricey and the work product I got from them will help me do my own in the future.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

How do the consultants write the appeal? Just want to know if it is worth the money to get the professional service. 

I got my first complaint just a week ago about a used item. 

How do the consultants write the appeal? Just want to know if it is worth the money to get the professional service. 
I got my first complaint just a week ago about a used item. 
It's fairly detailed and clearly designed to hit on certain issues that I suspect are important to the PQ team. I haven't heard back on my appeal yet so the jury is out on whether it was worth it...but not having to spend time on it was absolutely worth it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, redcell said:

It's fairly detailed and clearly designed to hit on certain issues that I suspect are important to the PQ team. I haven't heard back on my appeal yet so the jury is out on whether it was worth it...but not having to spend time on it was absolutely worth it.

what triggers amazon to require a poa .Is it a buyers comment in a return or does it require something more then then that like a actual complaint.

It seems scary and unfair that 1 complaint about a item could hurt you so badly 

4 minutes ago, river41 said:

what triggers amazon to require a poa .Is it a buyers comment in a return or does it require something more then then that like a actual complaint.

It seems scary and unfair that 1 complaint about a item could hurt you so badly 

it can be as simple as a comment in the return , usually picked up by bots. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, redcell said:

You have to be careful in this situation if you're committed to Amazon for the long haul. We don't know what they track and review behind the scenes when it comes to product quality. By simply closing the listing down and not appealing, you will have a quality issue on your record that you did not substantively address. Although I have no inside info on this, I find it highly probable that this could count against you down the road.

I got my first one of these recently and hired one of the consultants to write my appeal for me even though I had sold out of the item. I definitely could not have come up with what they ended up writing for me on my own. It was pricey and the work product I got from them will help me do my own in the future.

I have had 4 of these complaints since May of last year.  Prior to that, I had not had any since 2015. I received a "please review your listings" e-mail/policy warning notice for each one and the listings were never deactivated and I was never asked for a plan of action.  3 of them were bought from distributors so i appealed the warning and e-mailed them the invoice.  Each one, they responded "Thank you for your efforts to comply with our policies.  We have updated your account with the information provided."  The other one was a U-wing from Walmart clearance and I did not send in the receipt on that one.  The warnings stay on your account health screen for 6 months and then they drop off.  Like Ashaerin has stated on this board before, Amazon can be more lenient with accounts in really good standing otherwise.  If you are a high volume seller with really good metrics for years otherwise, this might not be as big of a deal.  Nobody really knows all the answers with these things......It could be a percentage of complaints vs sales volume that triggers a more severe reaction.

Thanks for the info everyone.  It is a little disconcerting that a seller would have to go through these things with such vague guidance from Amazon.  I had 631 sales in 2 months and have received a handful of positive feedback(no negative or neutral) and I have not had any complaints except for this one, and the buyer is returning the product and once amazon has it in hand I am pulling it and having it sent back.  I have a feeling that the person did a figure swap on it and is returning it.

Edited by teamhappyfrog

Those cheap Duplo trains just got a little harder to sell

Dear seller,

Please read this email carefully. The listing information described below may affect your ability to sell certain products.

As part of our ongoing efforts to provide the best possible customer experience, we are implementing approval requirements for LEGO DUPLO Trains products.

What does this mean for me?
Effective on 2019-01-17, you will need approval to list the affected products. If you do not obtain approval to sell these products prior to 2019-01-17, your listings for these products will be removed. 

Why am I receiving this message? 
You are receiving this message because you have sold affected products in the past. There is no penalty associated with this action. 

How do I seek approval to sell the affected products?
If you would like to seek approval to sell the affected products, complete the following steps to start the application process:

1. In Seller Central, click the Inventory menu, and then select Add a Product.
  2. Search for the ASIN you want to sell.
  3. In the search results, click the Listing limitations apply link next to the ASIN.
  4. Click the Request Approval button to start the application process.

We appreciate your cooperation in this important matter, and thank you for selling on Amazon.

Regards,
Amazon Services 

Is anyone else getting a bunch of "Important barcode update for ASINs in your inventory" emails from Amazon right now?

Is an "Amazon barcode" a different thing from the labels I've been applying for years?
Got one. They are phasing out the commingled inventory option ... This email tells you to apply your own barcode stickers (Amazon ASIN) to anything you send in post 1/25.

What am I missing here? Why are Amazon buyers so stupid? Couldn’t even be bothered to put this back in the box they received it in, SMDH.

7f8c2dd49c7bbffa13964c7cbeb5a567.jpg

Anyway, this is a return from a customer claiming that a street light was missing. When they asked for a replacement I explained to them I had no more available and the best and quickest thing to do is contact LEGO to get the part. They did not understand this simple concept nor were they smart enough to know it couldn’t be returned via First Class. Haven’t gone through this yet due to time but needless to say, I’m not happy. Guess I’ll have to write this one off because there’s no reselling this.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, msdontplay01 said:

What am I missing here? Why are Amazon buyers so stupid? Couldn’t even be bothered to put this back in the box they received it in, SMDH.

Anyway, this is a return from a customer claiming that a street light was missing. When they asked for a replacement I explained to them I had no more available and the best and quickest thing to do is contact LEGO to get the part. They did not understand this simple concept nor were they smart enough to know it couldn’t be returned via First Class. Haven’t gone through this yet due to time but needless to say, I’m not happy. Guess I’ll have to write this one off because there’s no reselling this.

My suggestion for next time is to order it yourself from bricklink and have it sent directly to the customer . You will make your life easier and would have gone above and beyond and who knows maybe gained a loyal customer . This also depends on the set ( im thinking you forgot to add a pic ) . 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, msdontplay01 said:

Or they just didn't want to be hassled to contact Lego or repackage the sets...cost of doing business on Amazon.

My suggestion for next time is to order it yourself from bricklink and have it sent directly to the customer . You will make your life easier and would have gone above and beyond and who knows maybe gained a loyal customer . This also depends on the set ( im thinking you forgot to add a pic ) . 

I realized the pic didn’t get uploaded so I edited it; should be there now. The set was City Police Station 60047. I’ll take your advice and just order the piece myself next time. You really have to hold some people’s hands.