Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

Or they just didn't want to be hassled to contact Lego or repackage the sets...cost of doing business on Amazon.

Yeah, I know. Can’t win them all. I’ve been selling online for 11 years and this is the first time I’ve received a return that has been opened and then customer claimed it was missing something. Guess I’ve been lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Not sure when holiday return window started or if this is just standard. Customer purchased an item mid October. Return authorized on the 10th of January. Reason..unwanted item. Refund given on the 17th. Customer damage to be auto removed. My account was debited of course. Any recourse? Or end of story and cost of doing business with big brother Amazon?

6 minutes ago, LegoBro said:

Not sure when holiday return window started or if this is just standard. Customer purchased an item mid October. Return authorized on the 10th of January. Reason..unwanted item. Refund given on the 17th. Customer damage to be auto removed. My account was debited of course. Any recourse? Or end of story and cost of doing business with big brother Amazon?

For us mortals who get a flood of returns in January , recall, assess then decide next course of action. Cost of doing business .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LegoBro said:

You can always open a case and add pics and try to get reimbursed. Amazon provides lifetime returns (we always get returns after 12-24 months) but that is just the nature of the beast on amazon. Luckily most of our items are sub $50 replens and our return rate is 0.7% so not much at all and it is never worth the time to open cases for refunds. We prefer to inspect, reseal and send back in as used and price 5% less. What we can’t sell as used we send to local auction once per month to liquidate. But LEGO you should have no problem selling used on fleabay for good money. I love returns as each one I get means 99 items have sold for very good profit that are not coming back. That I can live with.

• Like 1

A fire occurred at the MEM1 receive center on January 18, 2019.

Our records indicate that you have inventory at or en route to MEM1. Please note the following:

1. If you have created shipment plans to go to MEM1, but have not sent them yet, please delete these shipments and re-create them. New shipments will be routed to another facility.
  2. For shipments already en route to MEM1, Amazon will work with carriers to redirect them to another Amazon facility.
  3. Inventory already at MEM1 will be temporarily categorized as unsellable while we assess its condition. If any of your inventory was damaged in the fire, we will reimburse you for it in accordance with the FBA lost and damaged inventory reimbursement policy:
    https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/help.html?itemID=2002131303

Seller Support does not have additional information at this time, and we will update you directly as we learn more. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

• Like 1

A fire occurred at the MEM1 receive center on January 18, 2019.

Our records indicate that you have inventory at or en route to MEM1. Please note the following:

1. If you have created shipment plans to go to MEM1, but have not sent them yet, please delete these shipments and re-create them. New shipments will be routed to another facility.
  2. For shipments already en route to MEM1, Amazon will work with carriers to redirect them to another Amazon facility.
  3. Inventory already at MEM1 will be temporarily categorized as unsellable while we assess its condition. If any of your inventory was damaged in the fire, we will reimburse you for it in accordance with the FBA lost and damaged inventory reimbursement policy:
    https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/help.html?itemID=2002131303

Seller Support does not have additional information at this time, and we will update you directly as we learn more. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Please! Please! Please! Let all my inventory be at MEM1 and damaged by fire.
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Received a set back from an FBA return, all beaten up, with this sticker over my own SKU label. Anyone know where this barcode is from or what it is used for?

Amazon puts those stickers on pretty much all FBA returns, in my experience. It's just something they throw on for internal tracking and routing, is my guess.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Received a set back from an FBA return, all beaten up, with this sticker over my own SKU label. Anyone know where this barcode is from or what it is used for?
02a517cfe8fe198a4fc8b3f7f4a06448.jpg

Here in Germany sometimes Amazon puts that kind of stickers on it. I guess they do it when its condition is "unsellable",but I did not have some many returns with that Status, so I am not 100 % sure

the LPN RR number should match to an FBA return and you should be able to download the FBA customer returns report and it matches to that.    Basically License Plate Number LPN so each return has a unique ID number.

You'll see them back on warehouse deals stuff as well and when they resell some of the returns if they look new.  When stock gets low I've seen them on some direct amazon orders as well.

all sorts of ways they can recirculate back into the system and be sold again as well.  

All return loads will have them on them as well and a lot of people send those back in without taking them off (mostly from not even noticing them or not knowing what they mean).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

02a517cfe8fe198a4fc8b3f7f4a06448.jpg

by chance was it a minecraft fortress because i  just got one back slapped a bazillion labels as well besides just the extra fba label.  i think the buyer might have just slapped the return label on the box and wondering if houston we have a problem.  haven't gotten around to checking contents.

Edited by cladner

10 minutes ago, cladner said:

by chance was it a minecraft fortress because i  just got one back slapped a bazillion labels as well besides just the extra fba label.  i think the buyer might have just slapped the return label on the box and wondering if houston we have a problem.  haven't gotten around to checking contents.

Nope, 21131 Ice Spikes. Box is beat to hell, but no signs of it having been shipped with a shipping label stuck directly to it. Perhaps they put it in a large bubble mailer, however, given the size of the set I think that's unlikely. Probably going to open this one to check the contents, then sell as Sealed Bags No Box. Too bad as it was selling for $100 just before Christmas and prices have come down again since.

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 1

so considering upcoming changes in fba fee structure with respect to reduction/elimination of long term storage fees...

on the surface this would seem to be a good thing. 

however considering it another level, this will encourage sellers to send larger numbers of sets in at one time.  

past experience with listing where 1 seller has large inventory sitting there on a low demand listing is that the price crashes as someone with 1 or 2 item to sell is not going to just "wait it out" for toyjumbo to move their 3 dozen.  they cut the price.  and there are usually 8 or 9 of those folks with just 1 -2 at a time to sell.  so this just leads to undercutting galore.  now just imagine that there is no disincentive to having many many sets sitting in a ware house with long term storage fees getting reduced.  now we have 8, 9 15 sellers shipping in large stock quantity to fba warehouse and this process just gets magnified. 

my game plan has always  been to send in stuff just in time to sell it\ minimize storage fees but maybe its time to evolve.

anyone else concerned about this having a negative impact or am i just paranoid waiting for sky to fall as usual.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cladner said:

so considering upcoming changes in fba fee structure with respect to reduction/elimination of long term storage fees...

on the surface this would seem to be a good thing. 

however considering it another level, this will encourage sellers to send larger numbers of sets in at one time.  

past experience with listing where 1 seller has large inventory sitting there on a low demand listing is that the price crashes as someone with 1 or 2 item to sell is not going to just "wait it out" for toyjumbo to move their 3 dozen.  they cut the price.  and there are usually 8 or 9 of those folks with just 1 -2 at a time to sell.  so this just leads to undercutting galore.  now just imagine that there is no disincentive to having many many sets sitting in a ware house with long term storage fees getting reduced.  now we have 8, 9 15 sellers shipping in large stock quantity to fba warehouse and this process just gets magnified. 

my game plan has always  been to send in stuff just in time to sell it\ minimize storage fees but maybe its time to evolve.

anyone else concerned about this having a negative impact or am i just paranoid waiting for sky to fall as usual.

I think it will mostly be business as usual. Whether long-term storage fees increase or decrease, there will always be a ToyJumbo clogging some listings.

• Like 1

So Amazon just pulled the listing for B00XUYWZ5G - LEGO Dimensions Scooby Doo Team Pack. I received the below email:

Hello,

We are contacting you because we have removed the ASINs at the end of this email for potential misuse of a trademark on the product detail page. Sellers on Amazon.com are not allowed to use trademarked terms in a way that may lead their product to be confused with a different trademarked product.

Please modify your product and product detail page to ensure that you are not misusing any trademarks. Your ASINs can be found on the Seller Central “Manage Inventory” page. When this is done, contact us at Seller Support, with a brief summary of the modifications you have made. If no modifications are made, these ASINs will not be reinstated.
Examples of unacceptable terms:

-- "AmazonBasics speaker charging cable." AmazonBasics is trademarked by Amazon.
-- “Wireless Amazon speaker for laptop.” Amazon is trademarked by Amazon.
-- “Cable similar to Pinzon.” Pinzon is trademarked by Amazon, and we prohibit the use of “similar to.”

Examples of acceptable terms:

-- "Cable for charging AmazonBasics speaker." The cable is not created or sold by Amazon.
-- “Wireless speaker for laptop, compatible with AmazonBasics.” The speaker is not created by Amazon.
-- “Basic cable works with Pinzon.” The cable is not sold or created by Pinzon.

If you believe your ASINs were removed in error, you may email Seller Support with supporting documentation (e.g., letter of authorization, licensing agreement).

To learn more about Amazon policies, search for “Amazon Intellectual Property Policy” in Seller Central Help, and review the section for “Trademark.”

Sincerely, 

Brand Registry and IP Protection Team
https://www.amazon.com
Amazon.com

ASIN(s): 

B00XUYWZ5G

Of course, the listing under manufacturer "WB Games" is still up (B00Z7ECFMU). What do the experts here suggest I do? Of course I don't have documentation to prove that using "LEGO" as the manufacturer for a LEGO dimensions item is correct, apart from the bleeding obvious logo on the box. Would it be best to open a case and request to update the ASIN on my listing to the WB Games listing? Any other course of action that has been successful in the past?

6 minutes ago, Phil B said:

So Amazon just pulled the listing for B00XUYWZ5G - LEGO Dimensions Scooby Doo Team Pack. I received the below email:

Of course, the listing under manufacturer "WB Games" is still up (B00Z7ECFMU). What do the experts here suggest I do? Of course I don't have documentation to prove that using "LEGO" as the manufacturer for a LEGO dimensions item is correct, apart from the bleeding obvious logo on the box. Would it be best to open a case and request to update the ASIN on my listing to the WB Games listing? Any other course of action that has been successful in the past?

I just got rescue reinforcements pulled.  My advice... ignore it and relist in a month or so.  That's what I did a couple months ago when they wanted safety docs for a bunch of sets.  Stupid waste of time.