Selling Lego on Amazon.com

I compiled the list of sets revealed as needing safety certifications and I'll sticky it:

Also, here is the Amazon Forum thread BA posted earlier:

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums/t/toy-safety-certification-denied-product-image-rejected/425424?tag=bptag-20

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

My suggestion for next time is to order it yourself from bricklink and have it sent directly to the customer . You will make your life easier and would have gone above and beyond and who knows maybe gained a loyal customer . This also depends on the set ( im thinking you forgot to add a pic ) . 

I realized the pic didn’t get uploaded so I edited it; should be there now. The set was City Police Station 60047. I’ll take your advice and just order the piece myself next time. You really have to hold some people’s hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Or they just didn't want to be hassled to contact Lego or repackage the sets...cost of doing business on Amazon.

Yeah, I know. Can’t win them all. I’ve been selling online for 11 years and this is the first time I’ve received a return that has been opened and then customer claimed it was missing something. Guess I’ve been lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Not sure when holiday return window started or if this is just standard. Customer purchased an item mid October. Return authorized on the 10th of January. Reason..unwanted item. Refund given on the 17th. Customer damage to be auto removed. My account was debited of course. Any recourse? Or end of story and cost of doing business with big brother Amazon?

6 minutes ago, LegoBro said:

Not sure when holiday return window started or if this is just standard. Customer purchased an item mid October. Return authorized on the 10th of January. Reason..unwanted item. Refund given on the 17th. Customer damage to be auto removed. My account was debited of course. Any recourse? Or end of story and cost of doing business with big brother Amazon?

For us mortals who get a flood of returns in January , recall, assess then decide next course of action. Cost of doing business .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LegoBro said:

You can always open a case and add pics and try to get reimbursed. Amazon provides lifetime returns (we always get returns after 12-24 months) but that is just the nature of the beast on amazon. Luckily most of our items are sub $50 replens and our return rate is 0.7% so not much at all and it is never worth the time to open cases for refunds. We prefer to inspect, reseal and send back in as used and price 5% less. What we can’t sell as used we send to local auction once per month to liquidate. But LEGO you should have no problem selling used on fleabay for good money. I love returns as each one I get means 99 items have sold for very good profit that are not coming back. That I can live with.

• Like 1

A fire occurred at the MEM1 receive center on January 18, 2019.

Our records indicate that you have inventory at or en route to MEM1. Please note the following:

1. If you have created shipment plans to go to MEM1, but have not sent them yet, please delete these shipments and re-create them. New shipments will be routed to another facility.
  2. For shipments already en route to MEM1, Amazon will work with carriers to redirect them to another Amazon facility.
  3. Inventory already at MEM1 will be temporarily categorized as unsellable while we assess its condition. If any of your inventory was damaged in the fire, we will reimburse you for it in accordance with the FBA lost and damaged inventory reimbursement policy:
    https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/help.html?itemID=2002131303

Seller Support does not have additional information at this time, and we will update you directly as we learn more. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

• Like 1

A fire occurred at the MEM1 receive center on January 18, 2019.

Our records indicate that you have inventory at or en route to MEM1. Please note the following:

1. If you have created shipment plans to go to MEM1, but have not sent them yet, please delete these shipments and re-create them. New shipments will be routed to another facility.
  2. For shipments already en route to MEM1, Amazon will work with carriers to redirect them to another Amazon facility.
  3. Inventory already at MEM1 will be temporarily categorized as unsellable while we assess its condition. If any of your inventory was damaged in the fire, we will reimburse you for it in accordance with the FBA lost and damaged inventory reimbursement policy:
    https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/help.html?itemID=2002131303

Seller Support does not have additional information at this time, and we will update you directly as we learn more. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Please! Please! Please! Let all my inventory be at MEM1 and damaged by fire.
  • Haha 1