Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

Do you think that the grandfathered in folks (like me) are safe for next christmas? I worry about how active I should remain during the off season.

Side note, with TRU gone, I will be done in a couple years. I just can't find enough supply.

Sent from my ASUS_P00J using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Think outside the box. If you can sell and are grandfathered (like myself) - look at other options for buying. Try FB Marketplace, letgo, offerup, etc. I’ve had decent luck buying LEGO from people just cleaning and clearing space. Little more work and inconsistent steady inventory, but the profits can be hefty. Good luck whatever you decide.

6 minutes ago, Emvisawthatswho said:

Think outside the box. If you can sell and are grandfathered (like myself) - look at other options for buying. Try FB Marketplace, letgo, offerup, etc. I’ve had decent luck buying LEGO from people just cleaning and clearing space. Little more work and inconsistent steady inventory, but the profits can be hefty. Good luck whatever you decide.

Amazon is much more lenient with quantity limits on Lego orders now also.  Used to be limit 2 or 3 on every Lego, but not anymore.  

1 hour ago, Robb said:

Do you think that the grandfathered in folks (like me) are safe for next christmas? I worry about how active I should remain during the off season.

Side note, with TRU gone, I will be done in a couple years. I just can't find enough supply.

Keep the ride open 24/7 365. There is always supply. You just have to be hungry enough. 

9 minutes ago, yukmeez said:

I know many of the folks in here are grandfathered in...may be an ignorant question - as i tried to find more info.

For anyone that recently started selling on AMazon - do you have any tips on the process to get ungated? 

The best I can tell you is to read through this thread.  It's been discussed many times with tricks and tips.  Few were successful, but I guess it's all we have to work with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yukmeez said:

I know many of the folks in here are grandfathered in...may be an ignorant question - as i tried to find more info.

For anyone that recently started selling on AMazon - do you have any tips on the process to get ungated? 

I’m not sure if you already have an amazon seller account, but if not, make one. Start selling anything you can. Build up positive transactions. 

4 hours ago, Robb said:

You need to be active to at least qualify to sell during Christmas.

Not for FBA. I only do FBA.

How do you make money if you “lay low”. Stay active with FBA. Show amazon you’re an active seller. I’m doing whatever I can to sell through FBA, to be considered an “active seller”, in the event amazon one day decides to “clean up” what they may consider inactive seller accounts. Maybe paranoia, but I’ll do what I can to stay on the radar. My sales are steady compared to eBay, which is getting harder and harder to make money as people dump stuff to make a quick penny. Can’t compete there, too much work to make less money.

23 minutes ago, Robb said:

Not for FBA. I only do FBA.

Correct. I assumed FBM.

I heard before that AMZ can close accounts that have been inactive for 6 months. But don’t quote me on that. I would maintain some activities throughout the year. You can cancel the Pro selling account and get back to it near Christmas to save cost.

I don't sell much on amz outside of the holidays but I keep a few listings up all year just to stay active. Keep them priced high enough that they are unlikely to sell or if they do I'll be very happy. I have heard of people having accounts closed for inactivity. 

I’m not sure if you already have an amazon seller account, but if not, make one. Start selling anything you can. Build up positive transactions. 
Very much this. When I first started selling on Amazon..I sold non Lego items from an approved manufacturer plus some retail arbitrage on stuff that was not gated at the time. If I was outside looking in I'd be looking to build up some metrics before applying for the Lego brand. Then once you're in if you do get in, focus on not screwing it up for yourself and others which is pretty easy to do. Have there been folks ungated? Yes...no...maybe..but they're not gonna come post in here and give you a step for step guide. That's just adding to the competition and placing more scrutiny to the sellers already there.

Do your own research..find your own path, and don't get left behind when new selling venues open. Lot of folks on BP selling for years before the gate...and they never bothered to sell on Amazon.
  • Like 3

So, that would mean Amazon could stop selling Lego and Lego could become a third party seller like a lot of us here ? Am I getting this right ?

I think it is directed toward wholesale vendor accounts, while Amazon still directly buys from LEGO as a manufacturer.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

Here in France, you can not sell some architecture anymore.

Product pages of White House, Big Ben and Lincoln Memorial have been removed.

For selling these, you know need LEGO authorization. Well nobody has it so... 

I do not understand the point, everybody is loosing at this game.

:(

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

Recently Amazon.ca have de-activated numerous LEGO product pages. I inquired about it and most of them came back with:

"You are listing "LEGO" licensed products with an unlicensed brand. "LEGO" products can only be listed by licensed brands."

I am not a lawyer and don't understand their fancy jargons here. On my listings, I have both the brand and manufacturer as LEGO. One example that has been de-activated is the Brickheadz Minnie Mouse. In this case, what is the correct brand name?

I am so confused because Amazon was selling this exact item before under the same ASIN. Now they are sold out, and it is now an issue. ?‍♂️

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

The listing for Disney Lego Cars 8639: Big Bentley Bust Out  has Disney as the "Brand Name". Would someone who can sell Disney brands please edit the listing and change it to LEGO for me? Thank you