Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

This story is consistent with others over the years.  Seriously, the shelf stockers at Walmart and Target give 0 f*** about LEGO box conditions, why should it be any different at Amazon?

quality control is and always will be about the weakest link and in most cases, these are the lowest paid employees at the back end...they have more to do about the quality to the end user than pretty much every other hand that touched the item prior.

Honestly, if I am hauling 35+lbs merchandize all day for near minimum wage and crap benefits...I would not give a flying turd about crushing a toy box because some end user cares about a sharp corner.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Foreman Porgy said:

it's pretty freakin amazing...getting something that fast for free...came in handy when I needed 16 rechargeable batteries for a set of lazer tag guns.

all this feels like we are 1 step closer to drones flying around everywhere w/ packages.

On 5/1/2019 at 7:10 AM, Bold-Arrow said:

South Carolina has been added to the marketplace tax facilitator . Rumors have it that Cali will be added in the fall. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 8.08.05 AM.png

california is coming i believe 10/01/2019. The law was passed by their legislature

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201920200AB147

Edited by river41
additional information

On 5/5/2019 at 5:26 PM, river41 said:

california is coming i believe 10/01/2019. The law was passed by their legislature

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201920200AB147

Arkansas (July '19), California (Oct '19), Colorado (Oct '19), Hawai’i (Jan '20), Idaho (June '19), Indiana (July '19), Kentucky (July '19), New Mexico (July '19), New York (Sep '19), North Dakota (Oct '19), Rhode Island (July '19), Virginia (July '19), West Virginia (July '19), Wyoming (July '19), Utah (Oct '19).

13 minutes ago, cladner said:

sold a minecraft the village fba for $413.

got a return request for a minecraft the village and a message from a mom about an unexpected amazon shipment and  7 yo son being banned from using her phone anymore.

Amazon recieved the Lego as damaged and they just stick the UPS label on the box and return back to you. You found out the only damage is the UPS label. (my ture story)

Edited by LegoEdison

23 minutes ago, LegoEdison said:

Amazon recieved the Lego as damaged and they just stick the UPS label on the box and return back to you. You found out the only damage is the UPS label. (my ture story)

I shipped it inside its own separate carton inside a bubble with fba stickers/this is a set do not separate  on the box inside the box, the outer box and the bag etc.  we'll just have to see.

I messaged mom within 1 minute of the return request showing up on seller app which showed up about the same time item was delivered.  messaged her about how item must be returned in "protective outer carton" as shipped and mom swore up and down its coming back that way. 

this kind of retail hijinx is just one more reason to continue down path of letting others make the big money on these large sets.

Edited by cladner

12 minutes ago, cladner said:

I shipped it inside its own separate carton inside a bubble with fba stickers/this is a set do not separate  on the box inside the box, the outer box and the bag etc.  we'll just have to see.

I messaged mom within 1 minute of the return request showing up on seller app which showed up about the same time item was delivered.  messaged her about how item must be returned in "protective outer carton" as shipped and mom swore up and down its coming back that way. 

this kind of retail hijinx is just one more reason to continue down path of letting others make the big money on these large sets.

Great word.  

3 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Great word.  

when  instead of running a business, you are staring into off into space (at the imaginary camera) , playing the unsympathetic bit part in someone else's Seinfeld episode life...

it's mos definitely some hijinx 

Related image

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cladner said:

when  instead of running a business, you are staring into off into space (at the imaginary camera) , playing the unsympathetic bit part in someone else's Seinfeld episode life...

it's mos definitely some hijinx 

Related image

That's my next tryhard gamertag...  iii hijinx xxx

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Strange.  I got the email but my listings are still up on Amzn

"We are contacting you because we have temporarily removed the ASINs at the end if this email for potential misuse of trademarked terms on a product detail page."

OH, those emails have not been timed up. Most of mine were removed a bit ago (days, weeks) and already fixed by someone else and the listings are back up. You can click on our account health and see if you you have any "suspected IP" problems and the ones listed are currently delisted. 

• Like 1