Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

40 minutes ago, skinsfan0521 said:

That would make sense with what I'm seeing.

Is anybody on here able to create ASIN for LEGO and interested in doing me a favor and creating the listings for 41636 & 41637??

You can create new ASIN’s but you need authentic UPCs issued directly from the GS1. If you use third party UPC codes your listing will probably get flagged by one of their bots and you’ll get a suspsected IP claim. They won’t affect your metrics, and will fall off after 180 days. You don’t want them piling up though. If you contact seller support, and provide them the UPC for those two sets, they will verify them by checking the GS1 database. 

Edited by Foreman Porgy

Another relatively noob question about Amazon LEGO selling...

If I have the European versions of some sets, can I just list them under the US version even though they're a different UPC but essentially the exact same thing? The US version is much higher ranked and higher price than the European version, so that's why I'd rather list under the US.

Thanks!

Just now, skinsfan0521 said:

If I have the European versions of some sets, can I just list them under the US version even though they're a different UPC but essentially the exact same thing? The US version is much higher ranked and higher price than the European version, so that's why I'd rather list under the US.

Thanks!

I've never had an issue with selling the European version under the US ASIN.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, skinsfan0521 said:

Thanks!

Technically no, you are not allowed to . Practically most folks do it , and get away with it , just make sure you apply your own sticker ( for FBA ). Main issue is , a customer thinks it is fake and report it as so

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Technically no, you are not allowed to . Practically most folks do it , and get away with it , just make sure you apply your own sticker ( for FBA ). Main issue is , a customer thinks it is fake and report it as so

these days almost every lego set requires your own sticker

Edited by river41
additional information

• 2 weeks later...

don't think it was posted.... but looks like Fed-Ex will no longer be an amazon partner carrier for FBA.  

FedEx no longer a Partnered Carrier option 

Effective August 8, FedEx will no longer be a carrier option for small parcel shipments in the Amazon Partnered Carrier program. We ask that shipments created before August 8 be picked up before September 1.

Frequently asked questions

What are my small parcel partnered carrier options starting August 8?

UPS will continue to be a partnered carrier.

Can I still use FedEx to send shipments to Amazon even when it’s not a partnered carrier?

Yes. Your inventory will be picked up and received as usual.

1 hour ago, Foreman Porgy said:

Soon enough we will be able to select Amazon as a carrier. I keep seeing more and more of their vans around. 

They are gonna need bigger delivery trucks.  Those vans would not hold many large inbound boxes for a lot of us.  I assume they would transport them to a warehouse hub and then load them all on a semi to send to the fulfillment center.

Dear Seller,

As in previous years, we are implementing holiday selling requirements for Toys & Games to maintain a great customer experience this holiday season. Customers depend on us to deliver their holiday orders on time and as expected, and we appreciate your support in continuing to delight customers.

Selling partners must meet the performance criteria below to sell in Toys & Games through seller fulfillment from November 1, 2019, through January 3, 2020. All seller-fulfilled orders are considered when determining your performance. Orders that use Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) will not be subject to the holiday selling requirements.

Performance criteria based on seller-fulfilled orders (not fulfilled by Amazon)

• Your first sale on Amazon must be prior to September 1, 2019 but does not need to be specific to Toys & Games.

• You must have processed and shipped at least 25 seller-fulfilled orders from August 15, 2019 through October 14, 2019.

• Your pre-fulfillment cancel rate must be no greater than 1.75% from September 15, 2019 through October 14, 2019.

• Your late shipment rate must be no greater than 4% from September 15, 2019 through October 14, 2019.

• Your order defect rate must be no greater than 1% as of October 14, 2019.

Click here (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/performance/report/performance-over-time?gl=All&fn=Seller&period=Monthly&display=Rate&start=365DaysAgo&end=Today) and filter for "Fulfilled By: Seller" and a specific date range to monitor your metrics in Seller Central. Additional information is on the Monitor Your Account Health (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/G200205250) and Holiday Selling Requirements (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/external/G200371730) pages.

We will notify you about your eligibility to sell in Toys & Games during the holidays before November 1, 2019.  Eligibility for selling in Toys & Games is determined separately for each country. This means you will need to obtain approval to sell in Toys & Games from each individual country you sell in.

Please remember, your account must adhere to general policies and code of conduct. Amazon reserves the right to cancel listings, remove selling privileges, and prohibit the sale of specific products to maintain a quality customer experience and customer safety.

Thank you for selling on Amazon and ensuring we provide customers a great holiday shopping experience.

Regards,

Amazon Services

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 5:53 AM, skinsfan0521 said:

Thanks!

Late reply but maybe this will also help future sellers: No, no, no!

On Amazon essentially the same thing works until you get caught. You may make a few extra thousand doing this until you get busted but the downside is loss of selling privileges for you and everybody in your household for life. Particularly if you are a newer seller (less than 2 years consistent and solid history) you will get booted very quickly for the most minor of complaints.

These days it is supremely difficult to open new and unlinked seller accounts that do not get banned within a few hours to a few weeks. It is only going to get harder going forward. Assume you get one account for life which could be worth millions or tens of millions over your selling career in net profit, depending on your work ethic.

If you want to sell US sets then buy US sets to hold and sell is my advice. If you are just in it for a quick cash grab and for sure won't be selling again after a few months then go for it, but keep in mind there are also way easier methods to make much more money on Amazon in the short term by risking certain suspension. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, isocleas said:

Which version of sets do Canadians get, the U.S. version produced in Mexico I would assume. Or do they get the euro version? 

I'm trying to expand my purchases beyond the U.S, but I'm not sure which countries to look at.

We have the same sets as in the US. You'll notice that the packaging is multilingual (En/Fr/Spa).

waking up to the harsh reality of only having UPS as an amazon partnered carrier for sending in FBA shipments now that FEDEX is completely out.    besides doing a better job , fedex was consistently 25-30% cheaper.  also i am old school and would drop off a van full of 24x20x20s at the fedex distribution center and take away 2-3 chances for a driver to damage my box.  dropping off at shipping center like that early in the day, items being checked in the next morning at the nearest distribution center 2 states away .  ups takes at least 2x as long and no nearby distribution center.  more damage, higher prices, longer delivery times heading into busiest time of  year.

ongoing lack of competition can only mean more higher shipping prices.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, cladner said:

waking up to the harsh reality of only having UPS as an amazon partnered carrier for sending in FBA shipments now that FEDEX is completely out.    besides doing a better job , fedex was consistently 25-30% cheaper.  also i am old school and would drop off a van full of 24x20x20s at the fedex distribution center and take away 2-3 chances for a driver to damage my box.  dropping off at shipping center like that early in the day, items being checked in the next morning at the nearest distribution center 2 states away .  ups takes at least 2x as long and no nearby distribution center.  more damage, higher prices, longer delivery times heading into busiest time of  year.

ongoing lack of competition can only mean more higher shipping prices.  

UPS is better all around here, more consistent, less damage, nicer buggies.  We don't have FedEx or UPS stores here.

• Like 1