Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

8 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

say 5 sets of lego 450XX come in one master case, I dont retape/close  the master case after stickering  the 5 sets. 

Ah, OK. Thanks. 

Up to this point, I've been opening the cases, labeling the sets, resealing the cases, putting blank labels over the existing case labels. Just trying to see if there was a way I could cut out some of the process to be more efficient, but it doesn't really sound like it. 

Thanks again, I appreciate it! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Foreman Porgy said:

I was wondering if any of the long time sellers know how to increase IPI? My in stock percentage is poor. Should I just delete the listings after I sell off certain sets? I can keep certain stuff in stock but when it comes to retired sets or one off it’s not as easy to obtain the quantites they are looking for. 

I think they've stated that the in stock % doesn't actually impact your IPI score.  It looks like it does on the performance screen though.  It is all sort of confusing if you google it and read about it.  I always go to "restock inventory" and then select all my inventory and click "hide recommendations." If you've never done this before, it will take a while as you go through all your screens.  If you do it every day or after every shipment, it is quick.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Foreman Porgy said:

I was wondering if any of the long time sellers know how to increase IPI? My in stock percentage is poor. Should I just delete the listings after I sell off certain sets? I can keep certain stuff in stock but when it comes to retired sets or one off it’s not as easy to obtain the quantites they are looking for. 

As I mentioned several times before- i would personally (even if for a test) try different venues.. like local classifieds, Craigs list - things (if that is around you).. put it up for a sale not with the original,, stock photos.. but some good looking, personally taken originals.. and you might be suprised.. there is a lot of people who just from "a principle" despise any so-called "resellers".. giving them a feeling that you are just an ordinary "entity" selling unwelcome bday present could to a lot of tricks - of course  not, if you list at the same time 40+ other sets.

Edited by crayxlp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DadsAFOL said:

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/amazon-blocks-sellers-from-using-fedex-ground-for-prime-shipments-11576525190

I received this notice earlier but had no idea it applied to ALL 3P sellers.

Not a big loss.  UPS is cheaper than Fedex 9 out of 10 times for me anyway :drag:

Btw I can still select Fedex from my order fulfillment screen

1 hour ago, Emvisawthatswho said:

Shipping to Fulfill my FBA inventory was a nightmare with Fedex. FedEx stores in general are slow, and understaffed. UPS I can now drop off at a local CVS, or Staples. No problems ever. Quick and easy.

For what it's worth, you can drop FedEx at Walgreens. Only did it once and don't plan to again, but that option exists.

I've had good service from FedEx in past years, so out of curiosity i checked my stats this week, and sure enough there were 2 FedEx defects.  One package going from OC to LA got routed to friggin' Northern CA.  The other mysteriously took 3 days scanned outbound from SoCal to scanned arrival in Phoenix.  Not sure where that truck went, its only a 5 hour drive.

So i guess Amazon has some legitimate complaints about service quality.  I'll be happy when they open up Amazon delivery to 3PS next year.

I've had a lot delayed stuff from FedEx this month.  Stuff that says expected Wednesday when it ships and then doesn't get here until Friday or Saturday.  Shipments keep getting stuck at the local hub so they must be really overloaded.  FedEx even started Sunday deliveries here and still can't keep up.

I have been trying to think through processes that could make shipment creation a faster process. I normally prepackage sets in shipment boxes in accordance with the general size such that I can pick the boxes I want to send (all small boxes go to the same distribution center for me) and can key the qty's/set number.

This process tends to be slow when items you are adding to a shipment don't exist in your inventory, when multiple boxes contain some of the same items you have to do math..., I have to manually copy and paste ASIN's from the shipment to the scan and label page to print off labels.

Is there a way I can use a scanner/inventory labs to automate some of this process? Maybe some other techs/strategies out there. Putting item labels on the outside of the box and scanning in the item + qty?

If you don't want to put your secrets on blast I welcome PM's :)

16 hours ago, Migration said:

Be careful what you wish for.

Yes this is when policies will change (for the worse) and fees get jacked up massively. Big difference between Amazon getting reimbursed from the major carriers for losses/damages and Amazon having to cover these costs itself from its own delivery network.