79018 - The Lonely Mountain

1 minute ago, Val-E said:

http://www.ebay.es/itm/LEGO-NEW-SEALED-79018-THE-HOBBIT-SMAUG-THE-LONELY-MOUNTAIN-/222135968742?hash=item33b855e3e6:g:gogAAOSwR5dXTXsl

124 euros, which is less than RRP 1 year after retirement. Looks like Smaug is going to have a long wait on his hands to reach acceptable levels.

BIN all seem to go for around 155 euros and when no one lists below 200 there are no sales.

It's already 30% over RRP on Amazon US and will be over $200 during the holidays 2016.

2 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

It's already 30% over RRP on Amazon US and will be over $200 during the holidays 2016.

Because you guys didn´t have an armada of crazy British quick flippers who got them for less than half price who are single handedly destroying euro residuals for this bad boy.

I guess that means the Tumbler will be stuck for another year too.

7 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Because you guys didn´t have an armada of crazy British quick flippers who got them for less than half price who are single handedly destroying euro residuals for this bad boy.

I guess that means the Tumbler will be stuck for another year too.

200% ROI in weeks baby, 200% :money:

I'm sure TLC didn't make this dragon mold for a one time dragon figure.  You'll be seeing it again when the next Medevial/Kingdom/Castle line comes out. Hell, you might see it in Nexo Knights.  

So that being said, I wouldn't count on the dragon as the sole driving force behind any meaningful profit for this set in retirement.  

3 hours ago, scuttfarkas said:

I'm sure TLC didn't make this dragon mold for a one time dragon figure.  You'll be seeing it again when the next Medevial/Kingdom/Castle line comes out. Hell, you might see it in Nexo Knights.  

So that being said, I wouldn't count on the dragon as the sole driving force behind any meaningful profit for this set in retirement.  

Yeah, but if that happens, that dragon won't be Smaug.  Similar to how the Dino line dinos aren't exactly like the ones in Jurassic World.

• 1 month later...
On 6.8.2016 at 5:07 PM, Don-T said:

I've the possibility to buy the LM for RRP (119 EUR) from an investor who bought them at low price in the UK. He has 5 in stock and has to decrease his stock. How much would you buy? Or let them pass?

Pass my details on to that guy if you let them pass ;-) I've sold a ton of them that I got at 30-50% of last year and made a really nice profit...I think it's a good set..

32 minutes ago, Don-T said:

I've the possibility to buy the LM for RRP (119 EUR) from an investor who bought them at low price in the UK. He has 5 in stock and has to decrease his stock. How much would you buy? Or let them pass?

If he can´t turn a good quick profit at his buy-in (at current massively favourable exchange rate for international sales), what makes you think you will for almost double plus shipping? I´d pass looking at recent  sales on ebay,

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 1

It's a buddy I know in the neighborhood, who bought them when they were at low price in the UK. Before they retired.

He wanna switch / decrease his stock and offered them to me for RRP before he will offer at ebay. So he got his gains because of his low buyin (Yes he could earn more at other platforms / ebay but at this way he could drop his whole lot in one transaction to me which is more comfortable) and the question is: take it or leave it.

I think the set could hit the 190 EUR at Christmas, so i'm thinking to flip 3 at this time and hold 2 for long term..

26 minutes ago, Don-T said:

It's a buddy I know in the neighborhood, who bought them when they were at low price in the UK. Before they retired.

He wanna switch / decrease his stock and offered them to me for RRP before he will offer at ebay. So he got his gains because of his low buyin (Yes he could earn more at other platforms / ebay but at this way he could drop his whole lot in one transaction to me which is more comfortable) and the question is: take it or leave it.

I think the set could hit the 190 EUR at Christmas, so i'm thinking to flip 3 at this time and hold 2 for long term..

buy them at that price, all of them

1 hour ago, Don-T said:

Ok, thanks for clarifying. I´d offer 500 euros for the lot - 1 year since EOL prices are in stagnation and that money could be better invested in 3 or so months when some cool in-demand sets will retire.

• 5 months later...

any fellow BPer willing to sell me his/her own NIB or used/complete copy at BP price (USA new $ 173.15 - used $ 131.00 - Europe new  € 152.33 used  € 138.73) -5% discount (so we can make 50/50 on the ebay/paypal commissions) - I did check BC prior to add this post but I could not find any offer out there

I would of course pay shipping cost to USA or Italy

please PM if you interested

Edited by Simon74

19 minutes ago, Simon74 said:

any fellow BPer willing to sell me his/her own NIB or used/complete copy at BP price (USA new $ 173.15 - used $ 131.00 - Europe new  € 152.33 used  € 138.73) -5% discount (so we can make 50/50 on the ebay/paypal commissions) - I did check BC prior to add this post but I could not find any offer out there

I would of course pay shipping cost to USA or Italy

please PM if you interested

PM sent