Monster Fighters - general discussion

BudWiser72

Hopefully Lego will announce these are done shortly after this. I would expect once Amazon is out, they will pretty much be run out of Lego fairly quick as it picks up steam that they wont be available.

Vampyre Castle isn't bad even at retail honestly.

I still see the MF displays at TRU with VC and Crazy Scientist.  Anybody know how old that is?

I still see the MF displays at TRU with VC and Crazy Scientist.  Anybody know how old that is?

Hm. I don't remember ever seeing one of those at any store I've been to. Then again, I don't venture into TRU's too often. Out of curiousity, does anyone know if LEGO send out displays of new sets, or just any set they feel like is worth the effort?

I personally think the Ghost Train will do well down the pipe. It has much crossover appeal with being a train, and being Halloween themed.  My only problem is I just don't have the $ to buy any large Lego sets really.  The extent of my buying right now is clearance Hero Factory, or just small sets like the Swamp Creature and cello packs. :hmm:

Wow that is the first person I have heard say this.....you don't think these will be big winners every Halloween for years to come??

^This.

Halloween is huge - 2nd biggest spending holiday behind Christmas. This is the kind of theme, like the licensed superheroes, that even non-Lego people will buy - and then display once a year for the lolz.

^This.

Halloween is huge - 2nd biggest spending holiday behind Christmas. This is the kind of theme, like the licensed superheroes, that even non-Lego people will buy - and then display once a year for the lolz.

I agree with this.  Either you trick-or-treated as a child, got older and either answered the door in a costume, started going to costume parties, or grew up and had kids of your own to take trick-or-treating.  It is something for all ages, the holiday is the only part of the year where it's acceptable for women to dress provactively and nobody says anything.  Halloween is a great popular holiday.  The MF sets are well done, the characters all generations have heard of.  They have a short production run, and every set in that theme has some appeal.  Even if I didn't sell my VC's, I would keep them myself and put 4 of them together to make a huge castle.  I see this doing very great.

Every set in the Monster Fighters theme appeals to at least one person or another since each focuses on a classic b-movie monster anyone knows of. If there ever was theme I felt compelled to obtain a complete collection of, Monster Fighters it be. :thumbsup: Sure, a couple in their designs may not be at the top of the list of "I gotta have it!" but the assortment of characters, overall presentation, and direct Halloween tie-in, knock this series right out of the stadium.

I think that what the Vampyre castle has going for it is that it is really a good looking set. I have it sitting next to my Kingdoms joust set and to be honest makes that castle look small and boring.

I have to admit, the Vampyre Castle makes just about anything it sits beside look a little dull. :vampire:

KREO jumped into the monster game.  I first noticed this set the other day.  How long has it been around?

http://www.amazon.com/KRE-O-CityVille-Invasion-Haunted-Hideaway/dp/B00CANHVZ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377099288&sr=8-1&keywords=kreo+haunted

I think it must be new. TRU carries a crap load of KRE-o and I have never seen it.

That is one piece of crap looking set. 

Thank you. You summarized my thoughts much better then I ever could have. Kre'o is an abomination. My son looks at it in the store sometimes and I gasp. I am a pretty understanding Dad...even let my son pick out a pink step stool for his room and he pretends he's Merida and runs around the house. But looking at a Kre'o set is where I draw the line.

KREO jumped into the monster game.  I first noticed this set the other day.  How long has it been around?

http://www.amazon.com/KRE-O-CityVille-Invasion-Haunted-Hideaway/dp/B00CANHVZ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377099288&sr=8-1&keywords=kreo+haunted

It is brand new....and a steaming pile of poop. Here was my reaction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srRWJzRhuzo

As stated by others, I believe this is the last year for the Monster Fighters theme (except for maybe the Haunted House).  The Zombies set has proved to be an incredible investment so far, and the Haunted House has been universally praised as a great investment long-term.

However, don't forget 850486 Halloween Accessory Set.  It's a cool little set that has flown under the radar, and includes an exclusive zombie as well as a witch, ghost, tombstone, and other accessories.  It's currently on sale at local Lego stores for $10.48.  This set already sells for over $20 on eBay and Amazon, which represents an instant 100% ROI.  Out of the MF sets that are still currently available, it may be tough to beat 850486 in the near term.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

Should I invest into the swamp creature set, I currently have around $50 to invest into them and they are sold at my local for around $7.50

no try the captain america cycle bout the same price.  And how many movies (in the last 20 years) featured a swamp creature.  There's better options out there right now.

• 3 weeks later...