Monster Fighters - general discussion

BudWiser72

• 3 weeks later...

Are all the sets the same scale?  I bought them all early in the year and just have them boxed away.  I really like the idea of making a grave yard next to the house and have a little monster pow wow!  I just struggle to have a base that makes it look like a cut away or seemless sceen.  I have done something similar with my seasonal holiday sets and I got some decorative snow to put down so it looks like everything is covered in snow, then just cleared paths for each of the buildings.  However, I can't figure out a cool way to do the Halloween ones.

Are they all the sets the same scale?  I bought them all early in the year and just have them boxed away.  I really like the idea of making a grave yard next to the house and have a little monster pow wow!  I just struggle to have a base that makes it look like a cut away or seemless sceen.  I have done something similar with my seasonal holiday sets and I got some decorative snow to put down so it looks like everything is covered in snow, then just cleared paths for each of the buildings.  However, I can't figure out a cool way to do the Halloween ones.

My guess is that all the sets are the same scale, but I could be wrong. I do not have any of the MF sets.

Thanks for posting those, looks like a lot of fun builds.  However they are different scales, more to think about, The castle is much bgger than I thought.

True. Perhaps, the main scene could have the smaller sets in the front, and then the Vampyre Castle could be in the background? I think it would add a mysterious feeling to the castle, which would be cool.

True. Perhaps, the main scene could have the smaller sets in the front, and then the Vampyre Castle could be in the background? I think it would add a mysterious feeling to the castle, which would be cool.

That sounds like a cool idea. I wish I could do that myself, but I do not have any of the MF sets.

I'm disappointed the sets aren't to scale. I too had planned to do a halloween scene, but it ended up just being the castle with a small graveyard and some extra figs. I highly recommend the accessory pack that comes with a witch, ghost, and zombie.

There are other, non-MF sets you could look at, too. Shelob is a good fit, for example.

Just got an Email from Lego promoting Monster Fighters which I find somewhat strange considering they have clearanced them out most places. It makes sense to promote them, but why didn't you wait to clearance them until right after halloween? Maybe to just get rid of them.

More importantly though, does this mean we might get one more shipment of the VC at Lego? Hope not. I have 7 waiting to appreciate.