Monster Fighters - general discussion

BudWiser72

Pretty sure some of them retired from "monstering" and moved on to Lego investing!

I hope Fred and the gang do not pull off my disguise the next time I am in the Lego shop trying to buy more R2s!  "I would have gotten that last R2 on the shelf and another Research Institute if it weren't for you meddling kids!!!!"

• Like 3

A Scooby Doo licensed theme would be another investment fail for most Non-US investors. First The Lone Ranger, then Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, now Scooby Doo... hopefully not. At least they throw one or two licenses into the mix now and then that also appeal to the Non-US market. Still, Lego's licensing strategy for the most part is a little bit too US-biased for my taste.

A couple of the commenters on that forum mentioned Scooby Doo. That. Would. Be. EPIC.

As much as square spongebob. ^^

I'll pass the theme...

A Mystery Machine to the T1 scale would be pretty cool.

...except this set ! :D

Could it be another carnival set ? Like a Dark ride (ghost train) ?

7506_img_b_dark_4_b.jpg

Which was why they were retiring HH.. to make room for new smaller Haunted / Scary House :hyper:

I really don't think, to see the biggest 10XXX set from a theme to retire 1 year after the main theme is normal (see kingdoms joust).

Guest TabbyBoy

I have mixed feelings about this theme as, like the Simpsons, it may have a more loyal following in the US then elsewhere.  I'd love to have a T1 sized Mystery Machine but, I don't think Lego will take the risk.

Detailing ? IIRC Mystery Machine was a van with very open space inside. At most it had 1 driver seat, 1 steering wheel, and a radio ;)

I meant outside detailing. Though I don't see how they can avoid stickers...

The Mystery Machine has the uncanny ability to adapt to any given situation (and the conveniently packed items that might be needed in any given situation):

• The back is filled with various equipments (ladder, lanterns, and ropes).[1]
  • A bench running longwise can be stored in the rear of the van.[2]
  • Also, the back can fit a table and chairs, plus the walls are lined with computer equipment; a large antenna can be attached on the roof.[3]
  • Another time a table is included, the walls are lined with kitchen cabinets
Edited by No More Monkeys

I don't care what they look like, I grew up with this show and loved it as a kid. I will get these sets (if this rumor is true) and I'll be willing to bet others will as well. As far as SpongeBob goes, that's not a fair comparison. If LEGO goes retro with these they will be nostalgia sets like Ecto, if they are closer to the new series that is on it's way then they are more of a current tie in. SpongeBob hasn't been out long enough for nostalgia to kick in and it's popularity has waned to the point that fewer kids are interested in it than a shiny new series.

• 9 months later...

Just sold a bundle! HH, Castle, Train and a few smaller sets for $750! Gave the guy a break, since his wife was going to use them to decorate and he drove 60+ miles to pick them up!

Wish I had more of these! People are now just going to realize how awesome they are doe display!

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
Guest TabbyBoy
18 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Anyone still a believer in this theme?  Can it make a late modest growth surge like Toy Story sets? Regardless of current overall appreciation, MF is still my favorite Lego theme introduced in 2010s.  The sets are just fun to build with the kids and then display.

♪♫ I'm A Believer ♪♫... As the HH is climbing steadily and the smaller sets also, I'll soon be listing my stash of Mummies, Swamp Creatures and Vampyre Hearses as job lots. I should cash in well since I bought all the small sets from supermarkets at well under -50%. Even without profit, I still love the theme.

I'm backfilling now since I was late to the game. The Crazy Scientist showed up last night on my WM app at a local store so I'm heading there after work to see if today is a lucky day or not. It showed a few other older sets, so they might have cracked open something from the back. That or I'm being trolled by my WM app