75053 - The Ghost

jnd2k3

1 hour ago, Haay said:

A local toy store in the nearest city where I live still has two The Ghost boxes on a shelf. Obviously they want to get rid of them because they're not together with the other Lego Star Wars sets any longer, but when I inquired about their price I was given a price of €115 (above the Dutch RRP of €109,99). The demand for The Ghost is really sub-par in The Netherlands, and I passed the chance to buy these last boxes (with shelf wear on them) for that price...

I would definitely get those, box damage or no. Most of the people that want these set are parents that get it as a gift for their kids. The only way I see these dropping in value is if we get a re-release of the Ghost.

I recently saw two of these for 95€ at a big box store (Fun fyi), sold one for 135€ and kept the other one. For some reason they periodically bring back old sets from stock, complete with shelf tag and all :dontknow: So I HAVE to go check every week to see if they put up something interesting. Last weekend they had mos eisley cantina also for 95€, but I didn't buy it.

• 10 months later...

Reviving an old thread, but only 6 sellers left of the Ghost+Phantom combo on EBay USA - minimum BIN $250. Given that buy-in was around $100 this is progressing quite nicely, not bad for a set combo that retired just 14 months ago.

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, jaylay said:

Yeah still kicking myself for not getting the ghost when it was available.

If you have a (discounted) Ghost (or more), it might almost make sense to get a few MISB Phantoms from BL or EBay right now. Should get you to a $125-$150 buy-in .... still room for growth.

I think this is the year to sell if you have them - there has to be a new and improved Ghost in the pipeline while the show is still on the air.  Maybe it will come out for the next season's premiere. As is evident by the lack of enthusiasm for Captain Rex's AT-TE and the Rebel Combat Frigate, the Ghost and Phantom are the only vehicles worth buying from the show (especially with the appearance in Rogue One)

That being said, I traded for one Ghost earlier this year to build along with the 2 Phantoms

Edited by jonnyhanukkah

28 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

I think this is the year to sell if you have them - there has to be a new and improved Ghost in the pipeline while the show is still on the air.  Maybe it will come out for the next season's premiere. As is evident by the lack of enthusiasm for Captain Rex's AT-TE and the Rebel Combat Frigate, the Ghost and Phantom are the only vehicles worth buying from the show (especially with the appearance in Rogue One)

That being said, I traded for one Ghost earlier this year to build along with the 2 Phantoms

wouldn't it be something if an UCS ghost comes out.

Just now, jonnyhanukkah said:

That would be amazing, especially if it's more in scale with the minifigures.  The current version is great but way too small.  

yeah, it was a good 1st attempt. looks good enough.   not much space / storage areas for the minifigs and weapons excluding the escape pods.   my son still has his on display and i'm picking up random elements from it on the floor all the time.

the rear is also very fragile and needs to be stronger.

50 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

I read some speculation today that season three could be the final season with Filoni moving on to a higher position at Lucasfilm overseeing future animation projects.

If so, there likely won't be another ghost.

However the lack of new rebels episodes wouldn't help.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

I read some speculation today that season three could be the final season with Filoni moving on to a higher position at Lucasfilm overseeing future animation projects.

This would be interesting if it ever gains traction.

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/02/10/star-wars-fan-petition-for-old-republic-netflix-series-reaches-o/

7 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

I'm a few episodes behind but they have to get to the point where the show matches up with the end of Rogue One.  I doubt that's happening this season based on the timeline.  The adventures of The Ghost will certainly continue in some form. 

6 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

I'm a few episodes behind but they have to get to the point where the show matches up with the end of Rogue One.  I doubt that's happening this season based on the timeline.  The adventures of The Ghost will certainly continue in some form. 

There was more than one VCX-100 in the galaxy, correct?

10 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

He already moved in to a higher position and somebody else is Exec Producing Rebels.  Kind of a d1ck move to give someone else the reign just before ending the series :P 

The issue with this set was when it came out the show was "childish" and very slow. Characters seemed boring and didn't seem to have a good plot. Here we are season 3 and the show has turned 180. Tying in CW stuff and maul etc. I genuinely like the show now.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with that view on the show. I got lucky and that big lot of 130+ sets from like 2 months ago has one and the phantom so I "have it" in pieces lol...

That being said I see this show going like CW. 6-8 seasons (maybe longer if it ends up going past episode 4) they will remake the ghost for sure...if I didn't have it already I would just wait it out. So many sets released quarterly now that you can get your fix on other sets,themes and new stuff (brickheadz/constructibles).

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2017 at 1:16 PM, Lego Templar said:

The issue with this set was when it came out the show was "childish" and very slow. Characters seemed boring and didn't seem to have a good plot. Here we are season 3 and the show has turned 180. Tying in CW stuff and maul etc. I genuinely like the show now.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with that view on the show. I got lucky and that big lot of 130+ sets from like 2 months ago has one and the phantom so I "have it" in pieces lol...

That being said I see this show going like CW. 6-8 seasons (maybe longer if it ends up going past episode 4) they will remake the ghost for sure...if I didn't have it already I would just wait it out. So many sets released quarterly now that you can get your fix on other sets,themes and new stuff (brickheadz/constructibles).

Add in the Rogue one cameo and I've been kicking myself for not buying a single one when they were on shelves. Managed to find three recently to make a good flip on, kept one for myself 

• 5 months later...