70504 - Garmatron

Guest MaartenBegins

Guest MaartenBegins

Ninjago Set 70504 Garmatron 50 % discount (retail -50%) deal or no deal for future investment? I would buy this one but I'm a beginner so this could be a mistake :-). What do you guys think about this one? Thanks!

It's does not seem to be a good set to invest in, at least for now signs are awful.

I got one at 50% 7 months ago and nobody cares of it (nearly 0 visits each week on ebay).

I can't sell mine with 40% off (to get back my investment).

It has been heavily discounted since a long time (and it still is).

Stay away from that set.

Maybe kids think it's stupid to see a giant samurai helmet on caterpillar tracks, and I hate it now too, lol.

• Like 1

It's does not seem to be a good set to invest in, at least for now signs are awful.

I got one at 50% 7 months ago and nobody cares of it (nearly 0 visits each week on ebay).

It has been heavily discounted since a long time (and it still is).

Stay away from that set.

Maybe kids think it's stupid to see a giant samurai helmet on caterpillar tracks, and I hate it now too, lol.

Time out.  The set is still available at retail and it is 50% off.  I beg to differ.  People have to tone down their expectations on sets like these.  They are not going to appreciate until they are retired.  Not every set it the Research Center.   :stop:

Why don't you pull your set off of eBay and hold it. You will surely make money once this set retires.

Yes, I pulled off that set from my listing last month, I'm tired with it.

I wanted to sell it now because I see, in my opinion, low interest by people in this set.

Ed, I do agree but nearly ZERO views shows a lack in interest by kids IMO.

I've put it on another website, and the signs are the same (hard to explain but it's as "popular" as the set 8639 Cars 2 - Big bentley, about the same views in the last 6 months).

Plus, it's a set which MSRP is 40

Yes this set will do well IMO. Its a great set and I don't have much trouble selling the figs and stuff from it. Its got the Zane Mech, the set itself is sweet looking and got a great Kozu fig.

At 20$, not a chance you will lose.

If you think this is a bad set, look at Lashas Cycle or the Samarai Mech. Those stayed around forever, didn't seem that popular... still money.

Yes, I pulled off that set from my listing last month, I'm tired with it.

I wanted to sell it now because I see, in my opinion, low interest by people in this set.

Ed, I do agree but nearly ZERO views shows a lack in interest by kids IMO.

I've put it on another website, and the signs are the same (hard to explain but it's as "popular" as the set 8639 Cars 2 - Big bentley, about the same views in the last 6 months).

Plus, it's a set which MSRP is 40

Time out.  The set is still available at retail and it is 50% off.  I beg to differ.  People have to tone down their expectations on sets like these.  They are not going to appreciate until they are retired.  Not every set it the Research Center.   :stop:

I do think Ninjago is far less popular in Europe than US though. I have several 2507 Fire Temple's. Been discontinued over a year and a half and not even back to retail price yet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ninjago generally has shown a pretty bad trend in prices over the past year.  I'm talking about retired 2011 - 2012 sets.  Look at the Fire Temple, for example.  It reached $200 early last year and then started sliding back down.  I think Lego terribly mismanaged the underlying brand.  They "ended" the show, then kids protested so they brought it back in upside-down land where good guys are bad and bad guys are good.  Judging by the post-EOL price performance of the sets, they lost a lot of their fans in the process.  The movie might bring some of them back, but that's two years off.  With the possible exception of the Ninjago City set (and EDB, since I'm already stuck with 'em), I'm staying away from the theme.