70725 - Nindroid MechDragon

stackables

I think the jury is still out on these large Ninjago dragon sets.  With EDB still available it's hard to judge how they'll do post EOL.  I bought 4 at kmart for around $40 (50% off plus cashed in SYW points/surprise points).  For whatever reason kmart was blowing these out back in March.

• Like 1

I think the jury is still out on these large Ninjago dragon sets.  With EDB still available it's hard to judge how they'll do post EOL.  I bought 4 at kmart for around $40 (50% off plus cashed in SYW points/surprise points).  For whatever reason kmart was blowing these out back in March.

That is a pretty good score. I don't see how you could lose money on those at that price.

Same here. I bought two from Kmart during the same sale at the same price point. I've had them listed on my local Craig's and my bricklink store for weeks at below retail and haven't had a single nibble. I have five epic dragons bought at $60 from toys r us. I wish I wouldn't have bought any ninjago sets. Everything I have was purchased at good discounts, but the popularity seems to have waned a bit. I'm hoping to be completely out of ninjago and the few chima sets I have by this January. All that money could have been spent better elsewhere.

Same here. I bought two from Kmart during the same sale at the same price point. I've had them listed on my local Craig's and my bricklink store for weeks at below retail and haven't had a single nibble. I have five epic dragons bought at $60 from toys r us. I wish I wouldn't have bought any ninjago sets. Everything I have was purchased at good discounts, but the popularity seems to have waned a bit. I'm hoping to be completely out of ninjago and the few chima sets I have by this January. All that money could have been spent better elsewhere.

I have 3 EDB's I got at that price, plus a handful of 50% off Garmatrons.  I'm hoping these sets sell out this xmas season so I can unload them to put that money into something else.

• Like 1

No wonder interest has waned, they only put out 2 episodes every 4 months.

• Like 2

No wonder interest has waned, they only put out 2 episodes every 4 months.

My kids are really into Ninjago and they've complained how long they have to wait to get new episodes.  I wish they'd just release direct to netflix or to dvd and be done with it.

I wasn't interested in this set but indeed this review makes it appealing:

The buggy is quite nice too.

As Ed stated a week before, all ninjago dragons certainly are good investments, not because they are ninjagos, but because they are dragons with great designs !

I can easily imagine some guys in the future who may want to buy some lego dragons for display. Something they would not try to do with the play sets...

• 4 weeks later...

Not a chance its EOL. Don't know why they marked it down, but if you look at the Ninjago line, they have all retired in order number wise.

Don't see this one gone.

The sonic Raider and Epic Dragon Battle are probably done along with the smaller Cole sets and the Garmatron after the holidays. Can't imagine any of the Mech stuff is gone for another year.

Not a chance its EOL. Don't know why they marked it down, but if you look at the Ninjago line, they have all retired in order number wise.

Don't see this one gone.

The sonic Raider and Epic Dragon Battle are probably done along with the smaller Cole sets and the Garmatron after the holidays. Can't imagine any of the Mech stuff is gone for another year.

I was thinking the same thing.  Lego is probably just trying to keep up with the other retailers who have been selling this for 30% off for a long time.

• 4 months later...

Amazon is almost out of this after 3 weeks of selling it at 39.98.  

With TRU at 19.98, hopefully it'll be gone as well soon there.

Walmart is out.

None at Target.

Only Lego is stubbornly selling it for $58.48.

It seems that this will be done earlier than EBD for better or worst.

Edited by newbiecollect

This set has the early lead for least desirable Lego set of 2014-2015.

I wouldn't say least desirable as they were popping up at SD every so often with takers. I think they made way too much of it is my thoughts, same as EBD. Maybe lego think anything with the word dragon will sell. May take a year or two if not parting out to get some value out of it. At $18 each, it's a no brainer. At 40, it's a nice gift seeing amazon sold more than 10 within couple of hours at that price. At 90, no way anyone pays for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...