70503 - The Golden Dragon

slobey

my local Walmart has been a bit nutty lately. Also had the Sentinel set marked 50 percent off. However I never actually saw any sets ever just the tag and an empty shelf space. Who knows where the lego movie packs came from they haven't had those in 4 months. Must of had a box buried in the back. 

Walmart clearances may be "nation-widely" proposed, but in the end are a local manager's choice. One WM may put an item at 50% off while another WM, 15 km away, may not. It's basically a hit or miss situation.

As an example. about 3 months ago I've found 76003/75004/75024/9525 each at $20 (66% off) at a WM and $15 each (%75 off) 15 km away. All other WM were at full price. Currently, the lowest WM prices at which I can find these sets is $50 for 9525 and $55 for the rest.

and talking about price matching at WM, some will do whilst another won't. Even more crazy, I've once been refused a price match an evening by a clerk at CS and decided to give it another try at the same WM a couple of days later. Guess what? I succeed at it, thanks to another clerk :)

I picked up a few LOTR Wizard Battles for $10 at my local WM.  Considering CAN MSRP is $15.86, I was happy to grab a few.  I think these will go well with Orthanc in the future, or I'll use them for gifts/my own collection.  The only set I haven't seen discounted from this wave now is Elrond.  The Targets I go to have quite a few left, but no markdowns...