10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

Anyone have a theory on when this set is about to EOL? I know it's impossible, but when did it come out in 2011? Early or late 2011? I want to pull the trigger only if the general consensus is that we won't see better price than this before it goes EOL.. I can see it was $309 during recent holiday season (drats, I missed that one)

Since it has the potential to be a 800-1,000 dollar set one day I don't think 60 bucks is gonna make a difference. If the choice was 399.00 or not having it, I think it would be silly not to buy it.

True. I guess I am just hoping it to be around a little longer. Anyway I will probably be getting one soon at least to build it. Unfortunately right now I don't have the funds to get 2.

I own one. Funny thing though,

Of all my Lego sets, this is prob the one with the biggest potential (future highest price , not %).

On the other hand, this is also my least favorite set.

Amazon sent me a heavily damaged box last month, so I opened it before returning it. I just found it boring and very, very gray, The build is very repetitive. The minifigs are boring and the Emperor's hologram is on a very small cylinder element. No idea why Boba Fett, Zuckess, and 4LOM weren't included. Then again, the current crop of minifigs can't even fit in this SSD so TLG prob didn't see a reason to include more.

I would seriously wait for a discount if you are buying this to open and build it. ...or buy it used.

I guess it's all about the size...