Harry Potter minifigure display

BigStuP

Love love love it!

I fully plan on doing this to a few themes. I'd like Super heroes but I believe there are far too many. Definitely going the LoTR theme (probably not Hobbit -- or maybe a few shared).

Just for shits and giggles, I looked this up on BL a few weeks because I was interested in doing a project like this:

Star Wars

640 (312 from the OT)

Super Heroes

179 (including Batman I, Spider Man I and II and excluding Guardians of the Galaxy)

LotR/Hobbit

Harry Potter

Indiana Jones

PotC

I'm already working on PotC and my LotR collections :)

Thanks for sharing @BigStuP

Hi

Sorry not got a link to the article

Here's what I did:-

You need- a frame - mine are the RIBBA frames from Ikea - make sure you buy the inset ones so the figures will fit - they come in various sizes depending on how many figures you want to include

Mounting card to fix the stands

Thin card for a template

The most important part is measuring how much space you need.

You need at least 2.5 cm width for each figure and 6cm height for each figure including the stand - you might need more height if you have taller figures like Hagrid for example

I have got 6 rows of 11 minifigures so they space out quite nicely.

You need to build a template out of card to get the stands lined up.

Use the card backing that comes with the frame to cut a piece the same size out of thin card for your template. Also cut a pice out of strong backing card - I got mine from a hobby shop.

Use a ruler and lots of patience to measure where you want the stands I drew lines to help.

Here is a photo of my used template.

post-34172-14089653829556_thumb.jpg

The stands are 2x2 with a 45 degree slope, so you need to cut holes in the template slightly bigger than the piece which is 11cm x 6 cm approx - make the whole a bit bigger so it is easier to remove the template.

Once the template is complete - attach it to your strong backing card with blu tack.

Once you are happy everything is lined up superglue the stands to the cards through the holes in the template. It is best to lightly sandpaper the back of the stand to help it stick better.

Then carefully remove the template - some of it may be stuck so use a sharp knife to tidy up.

Then add figures and put it back in the frame and enjoy.

Hope that helps people.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

• Like 1